• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

8 hours ago, Birdie said:

Shopping at the mall today and helping out at Torrid I excused myself to the restroom. The manager told me the restroom at JC Penny was much closer (I normally use the family restroom in the food court).

Upon arrival I discovered that JC Penny doesn't have a family restroom, it's either or.

The men's room was occupied with customers, and me going in with large breasts, long hair, and makeup was going to cause a stir, so I opted for the woman's room instead. I was the only one in the woman's room. 

Texas state law does state that your must use the restroom that matches your chromosomes, and it's a misdemeanor to not do so, but it seemed to be the best choice (I really needed to go!)

Heavens to Murgatroyd! What if Governor Abbott has installed genitalia scanners on the commodes? I suppose they could collect, catalog, and then with the genitalia scanner, activate the Klaxon, the red lights, and then initiate the barriers to contain you until the police arrive. Weird times, and weirder politicians, call for extreme measures. All of this caused by you wanting a gladder bladder. Woe is the world...

On a more real world note, be careful Birdie. Someone may snitch you out just to see what happens. 

• Replies 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, April Marie said:

Congratulations on the ear piercing @MirandaB!! You'll get over the concerns about sleeping on them or how they're healing quickly. I found myself scouring Amazon and eBay for different types of earrings so I had them on hand when I was healed.

My favorite earrings are a pair of flame painted brass feathers and I have a pair of leaves I love, too. So many possibilities once you're healed!!!

641001855_FlamePaintedCopperEarrings.thumb.jpg.079ca5c930d85f220c6b260931bc4f13.jpg

@Mmindy- I totally understand the puppy routine. We've has our girl for a week now and I'm amazed at how quickly she's learning. She is totally acclimated to her crate now. She also sleeps 6 or 7 hours each night. Yesterday, she started going to the door and sitting when she needed to go out to the bathroom. Still, it's play for an hour or so and then crash. It's as if you can see her growing as you look at her.

I have been absent a lot here - so much going on with my wife's mother now in hospice, my aunt that I've been helping for over a year now moved locally into skilled nursing and the new puppy not to mention the normal things around our house. I get way behind in cutting the grass and am just finally getting the pool ready. Ugh. 

Can someone please figure out how to add more time to the day?

I miss the interaction here. But, I'll get things settled soon and be back to my normal....as if I'm at all normal. :harhar:

Have an awesome day, everyone!!!

April,

Those are beautiful. You may want to check out the offerings from this company, Trisha Waldron Designs. I discovered her jewelry a few years ago when I was at the Rapid City Regional Airport in Rapid City, SD. They have a gift shop there that had her jewelry. See link: https://trishawaldrondesigns.com/home/

Just now, KatieSC said:

April,

Those are beautiful. You may want to check out the offerings from this company, Trisha Waldron Designs. I discovered her jewelry a few years ago when I was at the Rapid City Regional Airport in Rapid City, SD. They have a gift shop there that had her jewelry. See link: https://trishawaldrondesigns.com/home/

Oh, gorgeous!! Thank you for the link!!!

@awkward-yet-sweet I hope you get to go on the trip! I'm assuming from what you wrote that your husband is a trucker. I know what it's like to have diesel in your veins, to sit in a cab for hours on end enjoying the scenery and listening to the music of a big engine, it's pretty awesome and there's nothing quite like it.

@Birdie When ya gotta go, ya gotta go! I hope your state laws catch up with reality one day, but I won't hold my breath waiting.

Well, we might have a bit of an awkward situation happening here soon. It's our 40th anniversary this July and last week we finally decided to do something to celebrate it by going on an interstate getaway to a city which we love, Hobart. Flights are booked and paid for, accommodation in a nice hotel booked, a day cruise while we are there booked and paid for, etc. Meanwhile, our son and DIL dropped in yesterday with our 2mo granddaughter. We told them that we finally got off our behinds and booked a trip and everyone was happy. Then, they told us about our granddaughters' baptism which was organized for June 9th. No worries, we'll be there! 

Fast forward a few hours and DIL contacted us to say that June 9th was off because one of the God parents isn't available, and the *only* alternative is for the weekend that we are away! Grrrr! So why couldn't they choose a later date? Because baby might grow out of her outfit by then! I know what will probably happen, there will be a heated discussion and to keep the peace we will once again cave in to the demands of others who never stop wanting a piece of us and we will end up canceling our trip.

First world problem I know, but we're getting pretty frustrated since my retirement last year that we can't seem to do anything for ourselves for more than a day or two at a time.

Just now, KatieSC said:

Heavens to Murgatroyd! What if Governor Abbott has installed genitalia scanners on the commodes?

Wow, talk about big data!  I think I'd geek out on those vectors.  Politically, that idea is pretty sick.  Artistically....  Gotta have something to do with your time.  It's low impact work.

Having to call the police on a woman that was being a Karen.Was in my shop fixing my car and wanted me to fix hers.Told her it was my personal shop and told her no.Would not take no for an answer and called the police.I did decide to press trespassing charges on her.I knew she was one of those entitled people

20 minutes ago, Mirrabooka said:

@awkward-yet-sweet I hope you get to go on the trip! I'm assuming from what you wrote that your husband is a trucker. I know what it's like to have diesel in your veins, to sit in a cab for hours on end enjoying the scenery and listening to the music of a big engine, it's pretty awesome and there's nothing quite like it.

@Birdie

Actually, my husband has two different job titles at his company.  He's transportation manager, and also one of the project managers.  Its funny because he's got an office in the main building, and a smaller one in the transportation building, and he's rarely in either one.  He's got three site foremen who report to him, and also the shop supervisor and drivers' supervisor.  So he usually spends his days at installation sites, meeting clients, or handling all the paperwork that keeps the transportation side of the business compliant with FMCSA rules. 

But he's definitely a truck driver by personality, and he taught me how to drive and helped me get my CDL.  Kind of a backup option for a job if I ever needed one.  I think this week is going to be one of those "all hands on deck" kind of occasions, so we'll probably take a load or two.  I'm looking forward to it.  Its really funny when I'm driving and we get into a truck stop.  I get out of the cab, and I get a lot of stares because of my size and looking like I'm a teenager.  And we get more stares when we share a shower. :o 

Just now, Adrianna Danielle said:

Having to call the police on a woman that was being a Karen.Was in my shop fixing my car and wanted me to fix hers.Told her it was my personal shop and told her no.Would not take no for an answer and called the police.I did decide to press trespassing charges on her.I knew she was one of those entitled people

Wow.  That's crazy that somebody just comes onto your private place and starts demanding stuff.  You're absolutely right to press charges.  It seems like there's very little respect for private property these days. 

Just now, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Wow.  That's crazy that somebody just comes onto your private place and starts demanding stuff.  You're absolutely right to press charges.  It seems like there's very little respect for private property these days. 

She wanted it done now for free,I hate the Karen's whom are a pain in the butt

I had a CDL when I was working for the city.  But I let it go when I retired.  I couldn't justify paying so much just to drive myself around.

Just now, Adrianna Danielle said:

She wanted it done now for free,I hate the Karen's whom are a pain in the butt

Free?!?!  That's insane.  I can understand perhaps mistaking somebody's well equipped garage as a business, but demanding free work is ridiculous.

My GF once remarked that while few things in life are free, butt-kickings are an exception. She offers those free-of-charge, to any who ask. A little charity helps the world go round 🤣

Just now, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Free?!?!  That's insane.  I can understand perhaps mistaking somebody's well equipped garage as a business, but demanding free work is ridiculous.

My GF once remarked that while few things in life are free, butt-kickings are an exception. She offers those free-of-charge, to any who ask. A little charity helps the world go round 🤣

Yes,I hate that

Also finding out I might be father of a 24 year young lady.I had an one night stand with a woman off base when I was in the army.Called this afternoon and said I am possibly the father of her now 24 year old daughter.Told her I will agree with a paternity test that will be done.

2 hours ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Yes,I hate that

Also finding out I might be father of a 24 year young lady.I had an one night stand with a woman off base when I was in the army.Called this afternoon and said I am possibly the father of her now 24 year old daughter.Told her I will agree with a paternity test that will be done.

Well, that might be interesting.  At least since she's 24, its not like you're on the hook for expenses. 

Well, it is officially summer.  85 degrees outside the last two days, and GF is sick and irritable.  I have to curl up under heavy blankets in my nest, because she's got the AC turned down to the point I expect to see icicles growing on the ceiling.  This is what life is like when your partner is an arctic creature. I should be used to it by now, but just when I think its nice and warm, she has to freeze me. :rolleyes:

• Forum Moderator

Well I’m short on time again!

I had to move to the couch around 3:15 this morning. Unfortunately my wife’s med vac was making a lot of noise which woke me up and I couldn’t sleep. Then I over slept because my alarm wasn’t set correctly, my fault. 

@Mirrabooka Hobart is a beautiful city and Tasmania is a wonderful place to visit. I was there several times in the 80s. 

@Birdie Texas isn’t the only state with such laws.  Don’t try going to a public bathroom in Florida either. Now there laws aren’t based on chromosomes or anything like that but it’s a birth certificate as far as I know.  That Texas law is a tough one, really anti transgender in all respects. Except!  What if you have an extra chromosome?  Or DNA that’s flipped?  Did they think of that situation?  Medical theory suggests that is the case when it come to Transgender people, but especially the young ones.  Also, IQ, that tends to be higher than average.  There are a lot of things about us the medical science is studying, not just psychology.

got to go

Willow

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Good morning @Adrianna Danielle

I’m glad you agreed to the paternity test. 

My Uncle found himself in a similar situation and after the test he was faced with explaining his infidelity and one night stand to his wife and family. Not only did the test come back; “YOU ARE THE FATHER” she looked like a sister to the other children in his family. This was a “23 & Me” moment confirmed by an independent test. The most important reason for the young lady to search for her father, was medical history and peace of mind. The blessing of the test was her understanding and willingness to disappear into obscurity. That was not what my Uncle or his family wanted to happen. She was family and they wanted to know her and eventually love her as a family member. The next 4th of July family gathering, she was introduced to the rest of her extended family and I gained a cousin. My prayers for you as you navigate all the possibilities, and I hope it works out for everyone involved. 

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Good morning from the backyard patio,

Parker and I are outside enjoying the morning sounds of the day. It’s was filled with the beautiful sounds of birds, bugs and kids off at a distant playground. My coffee was hot, strong and black. This came crashing down as the Monday morning trash truck came into the neighborhood. We’re the first neighborhood for the trash route since a city ordinance keeps all commercial workers limited to a 07:00 start time. It was Parker’s first time experiencing this noise and physical vibrations as the operator slammed the articulated arm around picking up individual trash bins. Parker ran from the fence back to the patio swing looking back at the monstrous truck causing such a commotion. His head tilted, ears perked, and body language indicating curiosity. 

My second cup of coffee is settling down as the birds return to singing their calls, and Parker ravages his toy rabbit. 

Hugs and best wishes as you take on the week.

Happy Monday!

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

IMG_0849.jpeg

3 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Well, it is officially summer.  85 degrees outside the last two days, and GF is sick and irritable.  I have to curl up under heavy blankets in my nest, because she's got the AC turned down to the point I expect to see icicles growing on the ceiling.  This is what life is like when your partner is an arctic creature. I should be used to it by now, but just when I think its nice and warm, she has to freeze me. :rolleyes:

Heck I get cold sometimes when its 72-74. Darn cold flashes. 

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Mmindy said:

The next 4th of July family gathering, she was introduced to the rest of her extended family and I gained a cousin.

I had a similar experience.  My father, doing geneological research, googled the name of the tiny hamlet in Scotland where his family came from.  He was surprised to find a request from someone in Australia wanting to find his birth mother.  The mother was named as my father's sister, from that same tiny hamlet.  There was no possibility of mistaken identity: there could not be two people of that name in such a small place.

The family knew that my aunt had had a child out of wedlock, but no one had kept track of the child.  And of course, the times being what they were, knowledge of the event was kept on a need-to-know basis. 

My father contacted the person in Australia.  He gained a nephew and I gained a cousin that I never knew I had.  We kept in touch until my cousin passed away a few years ago.  I am still in occasional contact with his widow.

• Forum Moderator

Morning on this rainy dreary day. light rain and 40. yeppy. One of those days I just want to climb back in bed for the rest of the day.

unfortunately, have to go to work. HI Ho HI ho, its off to work I owe.

Kymmie

Just now, Willow said:

That Texas law is a tough one, really anti transgender in all respects. Except!  What if you have an extra chromosome?

Bathroom usage law based on chromosomes is quite irrational. Just within the intersex community there are quite a few problems with it with those that have full or partial androgen insensitivity. For instance, I have XY chromosomes but also have a uterus and fallopian tubes. My breasts are real and I have had them since puberty. I was also born without a penis to speak of, but I do have testes. 

I don't look like the average guy, and much less now that I don't hide my DDD's behind baggy layered clothes. 

Physically I am much more female than male, but my birth certificate and chromosomes say something else. 

I most definitely don't fit in the men's room. Last time I tried everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me until I left. I have used the family restroom in public ever since (all gender). The Texas law basically leaves only one choice for intersex individuals. Family restroom or pee your pants. 🙄

12 hours ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

I am possibly the father of her now 24 year old daughter.Told her I will agree with a paternity test that will be done.

I wonder about this sometimes.  If it were so, they would be in their 50's by now.

It's not impossible.

Guess I'm a girl with a past.

Just now, Ivy said:

Guess I'm a girl with a past.

Totally.

Coffee is too expensive this morning, but last month I hunted down some nice ginger and had that stored well in the meat drawer of my fridge that I don't use for meat.  Made a nice pot of ginger tea and played piano while it was boiling.

D-7  Bbmaj7  G-7  Bbmaj7  A7#9  repeat the cycle

Cmaj  Emin  Amin G  F  C/E (or is it E-?)  D (lydian!)  G

Fun stuff.  The Navy had me playing Jamiroquai's High Times on bass around South America.  Fun bass line on a 5 string bass!  I played it for the first time in 25 years the other day.  Sure was fun!  Not too into the lyrics.  Jay Kay is wonderfully melodic though.

Put on Allentown, sitting at my computer.  Someone has to do this work.  I can't really afford it, but I need a battery for my watch with hands.  I'm likely going to ride the bus there because I'm working on healing my feet.  I hate the bus, but this guy at that store can replace the battery in 20 seconds.  I'm lost without my watch.  My stupid clock in the kitchen went on "power saver" mode and the clock goes to sleep.  Not a good way to cook.  I use my watch for all kinds of things though.  I've got my old men's Timex on the ear of the stained glass owl in the entry.  It has a dead bat too.

Just now, Birdie said:

The Texas law basically leaves only one choice for intersex individuals. Family restroom or pee your pants. 🙄

I've been feeling for decades about how completely awful the bathroom situation is in America.  We have these portable restrooms all over the place in the cities with people coming to empty them but there is a sewer right underneath them.  When I lived on the streets, at night if I had to go, I often walked 12 blocks to a portable restroom only to find that it is locked and then I would scour the city for a 20oz coke bottle to pee in.  It was sad when society had to fight stupid people making restrooms in parks unsafe.  It seems like things were better in the 70's.