• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Just now, Birdie said:

Entered my flat last night to the strong smell of cigarettes. My home smelled like a pub. I have complained several times to the manager and they have done nothing so I went and knocked on my neighbour's door. 

He told me that he pays rent, thereby making his flat "his home", and in his home he smokes. The building 'no smoking' policy means nothing to him. He will not quit smoking indoors as he has no desire to do do. If I don't like it I can move. 

So I guess until I move to the other building I shall have to endure it. 

This happened to me, too. You have a right to feel safe at home. Good for you for speaking out. In my case my neighbor started smoking on the porch. You could call the Housing Health inspector. Threaten to sue?

Good luck, —Davie

• Replies 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I hear folks say this, but is it really possible?  Like, I'm extremely dependent.  I simply can't take care of myself, and I'd be super unhappy alone.  I've got emotional issues…

I get this.  I do too.  It's just that I'd rather get by on my own the best I can, than get sucked into a crap relationship, just because I need someone.  I see this happen a lot.

I'm really not that good at taking care of myself TBH.  I sleep with a stuffed toy just to have something/someone to hug up to.

I do have some relationships with a couple of cis women.  But they are younger than me, and based on mutual interests - not romantic.  I don't have any relationships with guys outside of my family.  I think I would like it, but…   

I think older women tend to be ignored, and older trans women even more so.

I just try to make the best of things.

• Forum Moderator

@Adrianna Daniellewe had a German exchange student in 2015. She was a wonderful young lady. Our middle son was an exchange student to Germany. It was a great experience for him.

The puppy was up a 4:43 this morning. I let him and our old man out, one our front one out back. They were expecting breakfast. Nope, once they both came in, this girl went back to bed. I finally got up 2 hours later. our sheltie is a persistent PIA. LOL

Good getting back home, sleeping in our own bed.

Have a good day all. deciding to go back to bed or not.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

Coming to you live from the Grand Strand at 3:20AM!

we took back a lot of clothes that we either didn’t like on or didn’t fit well yesterday.  That’s a bit of a problem with shopping at Costco.  You have to take it home and bring it back.  

More hot weather today with possible rain or thunderstorms.  Likely another day of having a lighting company crawling all over our store inside and out putting in new more efficient lighting.  September will be even worse.  All new interior fixtures and wall coverings.  In the mean time new signage is coming at some point.

our store is showing its age and our prime competitors are only a few years old to so new it hasn’t even opened yet.  And it’s not quite as convenient to the highway as we are.

well the dog has her nose pressed against the bedroom door I suppose I should take her out.  Went I get up she goes into our bedroom we leave our door open so she can come and go as she pleases.  But when I come out of the bedroom I close the door so my light doesn’t bother my wife.  That also closes the dog in.  Now she wants out.

ok TMI but I’ve got nothing else right now

My boyfriend's daughter getting to know me more very well.She knows I am transgender and is open about it.I have taught her well about my past and she sees me like any normal person

Its Friday... and GF started this morning by waking me early, poking at me, at being irritating.  And now she wonders why I'm sleepy and nippish. 🙄

hqdefault.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon everyone, 

The Heat Is On here in central Indiana. 
Be safe and watch out for your elderly neighbors. 

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

IMG_1063.jpeg

I got everything done.Boss saw I was not to be disturbed.New co worker has been working out.She is like me,no complaining at all and is her 2nd week.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. 

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️

IMG_1070.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

But @Mmindy I thought Coffee was to be shared.  Along with good conversation and heart felt thoughts.  lol. Cute meme.

yes I am enjoying my first cup of the day. And a glass of OJ and a blueberry muffin.  Speaking of breakfast items, why don’t we hear about the New Jersey blueberry harvest or maple syrup gathering anymore?  Or the goats, what happened to the farm?  Or the sports car driving in the mountains of California and building an apartment over the garage?  It seems like a few of our old friends from a few hundred pages ago have moved on.  And I for one miss them.

enjoy your Saturday I’m off today.

Willow

Picked up the exchange student from the airport I am the host of.She was happy to see me and did get situated in right away.She knew I am a semi truck mechanic,got me a Man truck shirt and die-cast Man truck.My first Man truck one in my collection.Plan to take her to my work place this afternoon to show her.Has met some of my neighbors and friends as well.

• Forum Moderator

@Willow since my wife and I drink different coffee blends, and the puppy gets me up way earlier than I had become accustomed to in retirement. He and I are up and sharing the morning alone, because the wife still sleeps in. 

Parker had the last of his puppy vaccinations and wellness check up yesterday weighing in at 24.2 pounds at 13 weeks old. He’s responding well to training and is mostly potty trained. We’re using the sleigh bell method for marking the door to get outside, and waiting for him to bark at the door before letting him in. He understands not to rush the door or gate when we’re moving through them. 

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

IMG_1066.jpeg

Just now, Mmindy said:

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

We're having our 2nd annual Pride Picnic today!

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Ivy said:

We're having our 2nd annual Pride Picnic today!

That’s fantastic! 🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈🌈

🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Glad you are going to a Pride picnic.  I never know in advance what I am going to get to do.  And by the time I do know it’s too late to sign up.  Working is the pits but I am making progress towards being able to quit once and for all, again.  I just don’t know what I’ll be able to do after I’m no longer working because I had to give up all the things I liked to do.

the only way I get a particular day off is to schedule way in advance such as my doctors appointments and church things.  Which reminds me I have some future events I need to put on my need off schedule for October and January.  

het @Mmindy just a little play humor there.  Our dog is getting older but as a puppy she was all but housebroken when we picked her up. Just needed to learn a new environment and we had to learn her puppy signals.  We put in an underground fence and she learned to recognize the warning without getting zapped.  When we took her to obedience school she was a quick learner for all but the reason we took her, don’t jump up on people. Learned to Use a bell.  Learned to open lever doors to go out and in.  Still doesn’t like going out in the rain.  Taught us how to interact with her sign language.  And has been a very smart dog.  Her sister is still kept in a cage when no one is home.  Sweetie doesn’t even have one.

best dog ever but will be our last dog when her life ends.  Best to end being dog parents with your best dog.  And yes she is a family member, not a pet.

Willow

Well, just when I thought I'd turned a corner....the bus hits me.

I've been working with an aging aunt and uncle for almost two years. My uncle was in memory care nursing and passed away last October. My aunt was in and out of the hospital, rehab and her apartment for most of that time. I finally convinced her that she needed to be in skilled nursing and moved her to a facility close to us.

Since then I've been working to get her apartment cleared, cleaned and transition her to Medicaid. 

I've spent the last two days at her apartment - a 1.5 hour drive each way - having it cleared and then cleaning it. SHe just wasn't able to clean for herself and the apartment was filled with dust and grime. Last night, after breathing it all in all dal I think I set off an allergy and I have been sick as a dog. Sore throat, congestion, tired, I've slept almost all day and, as my wife has told me several times, I look like hell.

This is really the first I've sat with my Surface all day...and I'm in bed.

Tuesday, I drive back down to have the final inspection and turn in the keys.

Our puppy is now 14 weeks and almost 30 pounds. She had a vet visit on Thursday for her distemper booster and the vet said she is "perfect." She's totally house trained and on her way out of the Velociraptor phase. What a doll she is.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!!!

• Forum Moderator
Just now, April Marie said:

Last night, after breathing it all in all dal I think I set off an allergy and I have been sick as a dog.

Sorry to hear that.  Take some allergy meds.

I had the same experience when my brothers and I were cleaning out our father's house.  He hadn't cleaned since his wife died 9 years earlier.  This was long before covid so I didn't have a mask handy.  Fortunately, his neighbour was a nurse and gave me a mask to wear.  Definitely mask up if you have to go back there.

• Forum Moderator

Well, what an interesting day I have had. From sleeping in, to stripping the bed and washing the sheets   To trying to install the third and last blind to ending up going by ambulance to the ER, and being transferred to a full hospital Trauma unit, to the ICU and spending at least one night and maybe more in the hospital.  Currently wearing a neck brace.  I fell of a ladder, broke 4 rips and still getting tested with CT and MRI. I can hardly breathe and at my age they are concerned to make certain the have everything and I don’t get pneumonia.

ugh  yes it hurts

Just now, Willow said:

Well, what an interesting day I have had. From sleeping in, to stripping the bed and washing the sheets   To trying to install the third and last blind to ending up going by ambulance to the ER, and being transferred to a full hospital Trauma unit, to the ICU and spending at least one night and maybe more in the hospital.  Currently wearing a neck brace.  I fell of a ladder, broke 4 rips and still getting tested with CT and MRI. I can hardly breathe and at my age they are concerned to make certain the have everything and I don’t get pneumonia.

ugh  yes it hurts

OH WOW.  I'm so sorry to hear all of that.  Rib pain is going to be pretty bad for a few weeks, and you'll have to breath deeply against the pain to avoid pneumonia.  Ouch!  I hope you heal quickly!

5 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

Sorry to hear that.  Take some allergy meds.

I had the same experience when my brothers and I were cleaning out our father's house.  He hadn't cleaned since his wife died 9 years earlier.  This was long before covid so I didn't have a mask handy.  Fortunately, his neighbour was a nurse and gave me a mask to wear.  Definitely mask up if you have to go back there.

You are so right! I should have been wearing a mask. I’m feeling much better this morning, though. Allegra is my friend. 😂

26 minutes ago, Willow said:

ugh  yes it hurts

Oh, my gosh! Broken ribs are awful! I hope you heal quickly.

28 minutes ago, Willow said:

ugh  yes it hurts

Hope you are okay. Keep us posted. 😲