• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

Well today’s weigh in was a good one. Down a full pound since yesterday. 189.0! But yesterday’s stress and lack of food surely had some effect on this. I didn’t log my food but I had a low carb chicken and veggie quesadilla, 2 coke zeros, and 1/2 a cup of peanuts. My guess is below 500 calories and less than 8 net carbs. But I guess I’ll take it. I can actually see a tighter belly today in the mirror. Maybe I should just eat 500 calories a day and run with the kids for an hour every day from now on! oh and stress out too. ?

I’ll be at a full 10 pounds in 3 weeks if I can drop another .4 by tomorrow. ??

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Susan R said:

Late Tuesday Update for me.  Well I was disappointed with the previous weeks weigh in as I had only lost 1.5lbs.  But this week things balanced out.  I lost 4.5 lbs this week. I've been extremely busy so haven't had time to post here in days.  I'm back on track with only 25.5lbs til I hit my target.

Susan R?

That is superb Susan! You are so close to your goal. I’m elated that you are so close to your goal. Keep it up, you can do it.

12 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Well today’s weigh in was a good one. Down a full pound since yesterday. 189.0! But yesterday’s stress and lack of food surely had some effect on this. I didn’t log my food but I had a low carb chicken and veggie quesadilla, 2 coke zeros, and 1/2 a cup of peanuts. My guess is below 500 calories and less than 8 net carbs. But I guess I’ll take it. I can actually see a tighter belly today in the mirror. Maybe I should just eat 500 calories a day and run with the kids for an hour every day from now on! oh and stress out too. ?

I’ll be at a full 10 pounds in 3 weeks if I can drop another .4 by tomorrow. ??

I’m sorry about your day yesterday a pound lost is a silver lining.

I lost .1 pounds yesterday and am down to 212.6 pounds. I was hoping for more. I moved 8.7 miles and burned 3334 calories and ate 1350. I drank a lot of water yesterday though so I think I retained some water so I’m going to not worry about it as I am sure I’ve burned fat which is the goal.

• Forum Moderator
15 hours ago, RithiaAllen said:

That is superb Susan! You are so close to your goal. I’m elated that you are so close to your goal. Keep it up, you can do it.

Thank you for the encouragement, Rithia.  It's sure hard to pass all the opportunities of eating the wrong things this time of year.  You and Kirsten are making great headway too.  Let's just get through the holidays without hitting any potholes.  We can do it!

4 hours ago, Susan R said:

Thank you for the encouragement, Rithia.  It's sure hard to pass all the opportunities of eating the wrong things this time of year.  You and Kirsten are making great headway too.  Let's just get through the holidays without hitting any potholes.  We can do it!

I’ll spend Christmas morning on the treadmill. All I want for Christmas is to be able to fit into my wardrobe of clothing.

Today I lost half a pound and am down to 212.1. I moved 10.21 miles yesterday (that is not a typo) and burned 3618 calories while consuming 1640 calories and drinking 40 oz.

Good luck to everyone. Recite after me, pop is too sweet and candy, pie and cake is poison and gross. ?

I was too afraid to weigh in today. Lol. I’m sure at best I stayed the same, but pretty sure I went up. Gotta empty the tank today and it’ll be back on the treadmill today. Too much beer and vodka yesterday to run ? sometimes it just sneaks up on ya.  Lol. Hoping that tomorrow when I weigh in I’ll be at that 189 again. I may double up my treadmill time today to make up for yesterday too. 

Susan it is hard with all the tasty stuff during the holidays. But if we can limit it to “tastes” instead of plates it’ll all be ok. Plus a setback here and there isn’t a horrible thing. It’s what you do the next day that matters. Keeping that positive attitude towards getting to your goal is all you need to do! 

Just now, Kirsten said:

I was too afraid to weigh in today. Lol. I’m sure at best I stayed the same, but pretty sure I went up. Gotta empty the tank today and it’ll be back on the treadmill today. Too much beer and vodka yesterday to run ? sometimes it just sneaks up on ya.  Lol. Hoping that tomorrow when I weigh in I’ll be at that 189 again. I may double up my treadmill time today to make up for yesterday too. 

Susan it is hard with all the tasty stuff during the holidays. But if we can limit it to “tastes” instead of plates it’ll all be ok. Plus a setback here and there isn’t a horrible thing. It’s what you do the next day that matters. Keeping that positive attitude towards getting to your goal is all you need to do! 

I’m going to catch up quick at this rate. ?

Do not worry about yesterday. You don’t want to hurt yourself. By all means exercise but listen to your body when it is asking for a breather.

Lol I’m not worried. I am actually in pretty good shape. Just have a lil pooch still. And excess skin that I hope goes away. I honestly don’t know if I will be able to go lower than 170 with my size and build but I’m still gonna try. I was at 173 at my lowest and people thought I looked ill. You could see all my ribs. But I’m hoping to loose some muscle really. Thus the minimal exercise. At my wedding I was 196 and I had a 6-pack. I may have to space my weight loss out when I start to hit that 170s area to let hrt do its business too. I’m sure eventually my traps and biceps won’t be so big. I’m still early on in this process. Come on hrt!!!! Hurry up!! ??

35 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Lol I’m not worried. I am actually in pretty good shape. Just have a lil pooch still. And excess skin that I hope goes away. I honestly don’t know if I will be able to go lower than 170 with my size and build but I’m still gonna try. I was at 173 at my lowest and people thought I looked ill. You could see all my ribs. But I’m hoping to loose some muscle really. Thus the minimal exercise. At my wedding I was 196 and I had a 6-pack. I may have to space my weight loss out when I start to hit that 170s area to let hrt do its business too. I’m sure eventually my traps and biceps won’t be so big. I’m still early on in this process. Come on hrt!!!! Hurry up!! ??

How tall are you? It’s possible you’re a larger build then me so your weight won’t really need to go lower.

I’m 5’10” with at my lightest 36C and 30 inches in seam, 29/30 inches waist and 41 inches for my hips and depending on the shoes 9.5 to 11, primarily depending on the width of the shoe. Most of mine are 9.5 wide or size 10.

I was 6-1. Closer to 6 now though. 33” inseam. 36” bra and I’d guess around a 32” waist. BMI is about a 24 right now and about 18% body fat.  I am by no means fat. For a female my age my weight should be like 168-175 ish. But I’m still built like a male. Which is more like 172-185. 

But I figure at some point I won’t still be able to bench press 200+ or do 25+ pull-ups. So with less muscle I’m thinking eventually I can look healthy around 160. That’s not right now though. I’d just look sickly. ? 

9 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

I was 6-1. Closer to 6 now though. 33” inseam. 36” bra and I’d guess around a 32” waist. BMI is about a 24 right now and about 18% body fat.  I am by no means fat. For a female my age my weight should be like 168-175 ish. But I’m still built like a male. Which is more like 172-185. 

But I figure at some point I won’t still be able to bench press 200+ or do 25+ pull-ups. So with less muscle I’m thinking eventually I can look healthy around 160. That’s not right now though. I’d just look sickly. ? 

Holy cow, I could never bench press 200. My absolute top was 145 one or two times which was my body weight. I could do pull ups and push ups about 100 or so before getting fatigued. I don’t have that upper body strength any more but I don’t miss it either.

My best bench press was 5 reps at 320 when I was a younger person. Lol. I could squat over 700 pounds too. But I was a gym rat back then and played collegiate football for a div2 team. But I was the size of say a slot receiver in the nfl right now. I have slimmed down a lot already but I would still be considered an above average sized man. My bis have gone from 17-1/2” down to about 15. But I’m hoping they go down to closer to 13-14. And that I can ditch the traps. Even at my current “overweight” weight I am like 16% body fat. My BMI is like 24.5. The next time I’m feeling skinny I’ll take a pic. My wife and friends are already saying that I need to stop losing. Lol. But what do they know. If Gisele can be 6-1 and 130 I can be 6-0 and 160. Lol. Maybe. ??‍♀️

53 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

My best bench press was 5 reps at 320 when I was a younger person. Lol. I could squat over 700 pounds too. But I was a gym rat back then and played collegiate football for a div2 team. But I was the size of say a slot receiver in the nfl right now. I have slimmed down a lot already but I would still be considered an above average sized man. My bis have gone from 17-1/2” down to about 15. But I’m hoping they go down to closer to 13-14. And that I can ditch the traps. Even at my current “overweight” weight I am like 16% body fat. My BMI is like 24.5. The next time I’m feeling skinny I’ll take a pic. My wife and friends are already saying that I need to stop losing. Lol. But what do they know. If Gisele can be 6-1 and 130 I can be 6-0 and 160. Lol. Maybe. ??‍♀️

Oh my. My arms would have fallen off if I had tried that weight.

I have no idea what the football terms are that you mentioned. I just know your butt looked nice in the tights and you ran around tackling or being tackled.

Lmao. Yeah. Think 6-1 225 and hard as a rock. Less than 6% body fat. And angry. Very very angry all the time. That’s when I was a bouncer too. I used to fight a lot. All part of the “tough guy” personna I created and lived so well. ?

i was an arse back then. 

22 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Lmao. Yeah. Think 6-1 225 and hard as a rock. Less than 6% body fat. And angry. Very very angry all the time. That’s when I was a bouncer too. I used to fight a lot. All part of the “tough guy” personna I created and lived so well. ?

i was an arse back then. 

? Don’t take this the wrong way, but your description of yourself back then gives me the vapors. ☺️ I’m understanding what your wife saw in you back then when she married you.

Lol. It’s quite alright. My wife never knew me back then. I was much smaller when we met. A good 30 pounds actually. I think I have a honeymoon pic on here somewhere. It’s one of those weird pics that I used to hate because of how I looked. But now I see that I was actually decent looking. Lol. Weird how things change. 

By junior year in college I was at a different school and using pretty heavy so I ended up down to like 165 pounds at one point. I have been all over the spectrum with how I looked. Heck in high school 11th grade I was 5’ tall and weighed 110 pounds. Lol. Grew a foot in 14 months and put on 100 pounds. ??‍♀️ Guess that’s good though. 

Using? I’m assuming you mean some sort of drug. I’m guessing you kicked the habit so good for you. ?

I lost another.2 pounds and am below 212 at 211.9 pounds. So far this month I have lost 8.2 pounds.

I ate 1295 calories and burned 3380. I drank 40 oz of water. It seems like I should have lost more weight so I either retained water and or my legs have more muscle. I need to start measuring my waist for days like these. Oh well at least I am now officially below 212. May I never see that number on the scale ever again.

Weigh in was 190.2. So I had definitely gone up. But I had a super day yesterday! 7 miles of steps half of which was treadmill. 13 flights of stairs, 3200 cals burned and 1070 in. Macros were good too 29/53/18 c/f/p. Gotta get the p up a touch and the c down as well. But pretty darn close! I like this “diet”. It’s more of a lifestyle change than a diet. Carbs in the am along with a little sweets. 2 meals with a healthy snack in between. ????

Unfortunately my treadmill bit me yesterday. I have 2 small cuts and a big old bruise right on my ankle. So there may not be any jogging today. But I’ll just walk twice as long if I can’t. Gotta keep it going no matter what! Oh I’ve been doing some core stuff too. 10 mins or so after the treadmill every day. 

Yeah Rithia. I had a period of about 4 years that I was something else. Kind of a haze all these years later, but yes none of the x anymore or the pills or coke or any of that. It was bad. But one day I just stopped. Have never looked back. I am very lucky that I don’t have an addictive personality. I have never had issues with anything like that. I quit smoking one day just like that too. Booze from 6-7 nights a week of heavy drinking to nothing. Drugs to nothing. It’s the ocd. I can swap my compulsion instantly. And everything else goes away. ??‍♀️

Just now, Kirsten said:

Weigh in was 190.2. So I had definitely gone up. But I had a super day yesterday! 7 miles of steps half of which was treadmill. 13 flights of stairs, 3200 cals burned and 1070 in. Macros were good too 29/53/18 c/f/p. Gotta get the p up a touch and the c down as well. But pretty darn close! I like this “diet”. It’s more of a lifestyle change than a diet. Carbs in the am along with a little sweets. 2 meals with a healthy snack in between. ????

Unfortunately my treadmill bit me yesterday. I have 2 small cuts and a big old bruise right on my ankle. So there may not be any jogging today. But I’ll just walk twice as long if I can’t. Gotta keep it going no matter what! Oh I’ve been doing some core stuff too. 10 mins or so after the treadmill every day. 

Oh no! I’m sorry your treadmill rebelled.

LOL it sure is a life style change. It’s the only way to keep the weight off over time.

1 minute ago, Kirsten said:

Yeah Rithia. I had a period of about 4 years that I was something else. Kind of a haze all these years later, but yes none of the x anymore or the pills or coke or any of that. It was bad. But one day I just stopped. Have never looked back. I am very lucky that I don’t have an addictive personality. I have never had issues with anything like that. I quit smoking one day just like that too. Booze from 6-7 nights a week of heavy drinking to nothing. Drugs to nothing. It’s the ocd. I can swap my compulsion instantly. And everything else goes away. ??‍♀️

??

I am glad that you didn’t get hooked.

Hello there.

Dont mind if I join in on reaching my target weight.  After 2 weeks on slowly changing my eating habit's for a healthier diet and taking baby steps to cut out the crap food and then slowly building up my activity where I am now from a casual walk to more of a speed walk now.  I have lost 5lbs.  I do feel that I have more energy and I dont feel like a sloth.  I am so glad that I am taking the baby step way to make sure that I stay on track and get my body to a much more of a healthy style.  

There are 2x difficulties that I am facing with exercise and eating healthier:

1. I need help on a push to continue and have someone there to motivate me.

2. My work schedule is an overnight work schedule so my hours are backwards since I work at night and sleep during the day.

Hope that I get get help on motivation.

Lots of Love

Amy

Go get it Amy! You got this! Big or small steps. As long as they are all forward and not back. 

Having a night schedule isn’t a bad thing. I bet you can plan it so that your exercise time is when you wake up before you eat easier than if you worked first thing in the am. That is the best time to exercise. When you’re on empty. I try to do mine first thing in the morning on weekends and right before dinner during the week. 

Keep posting updates. There’s plenty of motivation here! 

Thank You Kirsten.  I recently got the money to buy a fitbit to help me out with seeing my better heart rate.  

At work, I have done alot of physical activity like up and down the ladder, pulling cable, racking heavy switches, then of course I do take my nightly walk around the data center building and throughout the building.  I have been doing enough steps to equal 2 miles.

I am so happy that I have cut out the crap food as I call it.  I have been making alot more home made meals and and it smells so good that the individuals who I work with at night smell my food and they get jealous cause they are eating fast food and I have heated up home made veggie lasagna

Been drinking alot of water, unsweaten hot tea, milk alot

Keep on moving forward 

21 minutes ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

Hello there.

Dont mind if I join in on reaching my target weight.  After 2 weeks on slowly changing my eating habit's for a healthier diet and taking baby steps to cut out the crap food and then slowly building up my activity where I am now from a casual walk to more of a speed walk now.  I have lost 5lbs.  I do feel that I have more energy and I dont feel like a sloth.  I am so glad that I am taking the baby step way to make sure that I stay on track and get my body to a much more of a healthy style.  

There are 2x difficulties that I am facing with exercise and eating healthier:

1. I need help on a push to continue and have someone there to motivate me.

2. My work schedule is an overnight work schedule so my hours are backwards since I work at night and sleep during the day.

Hope that I get get help on motivation.

Lots of Love

Amy

Of course you’re welcome to post here. Thee more the better.

Five pounds is not bad. Don’t snack and practice option control and keep moving and the. Weight will come off bit by bit. ?