• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

I have noticed it slows everything a bit. At least for me. But not a ton. And idk of it’ll bother you that fast. I should be walking anyways. I want to complete insanity before the summer at least once and that’s 60 days. But I have to get in shape before I can get in shape with that series. ? lol. It’s hard. You can’t just go from nothing. The moves are very specific and you need good body control to start out. That I definitely don’t have right now. I’m very clumsy the last month or two. I blame the boobs. ? 

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes that’s why I started as soon as I started down the path to lose weight. I decided to use all the weight as forced weights and pushed/pushing through it.

I do have the body control from my days in martial arts which is actually a lot like dancing. Once I’ve lost a little more weight I think I’m going to go find a dance club for some ballroom dancing or I guess in Texas maybe square dancing if it isn’t too silly for me.

This weekend I’m going to shoot for a 14 minute mile which will cut about two and a half minutes off my time which will increase the calories burned per minute. Back in high school I used to be able to sprint two miles in 8.5 minutes for NJROTC. I wasn’t quite squirrel fast but I could run all of them down by the sixth lap of the track. Good times. I’ll be happy when I get back down to six minutes and then we’ll see how far I can go from there.

That’s really good! I could never do 2 miles back then, but I could run a 4:06 mile and a sub 2 min 1/2. Well my best were those. Lol. I was more of a jumper. High jump hurdles and triple jump. I wish I could still compete in old people track and field! Lol. 

My 5k was down to 28 and change in like June before the spiro killed my outdoor activity this past year. I’m hoping my body is at least acclimated this summer to keep going. I even had to quit my golf league because of the issue. It is the real reason I put the weight back on. Like I said I can’t wait until I’m not taking this spiro crap anymore. There is no way it’s not bad for you. 

So weigh in today was 191.2! Down again! I’m hoping to hit the 180s by the end of the weekend. I only had 11 net carbs yesterday too. Best day yet! And only 1073 calories in. My steps are still struggling but I’m starting the treadmill this weekend. 20 mins a day I think should push me over my 10k steps. And the best part is I am down 2 belt loops! 

The funny thing is I never took spiro. I was only ever on estrodile.

I lost another .3 pounds and am down to 217.1 and have lost 3 pounds this first week of November.

I had three ribs, a garden salad, a chicken leg and a bagel to eat yesterday and 40 Oz of water.

I burned 3350 calories and ingested 1108 calories. That makes me think I might have lost more but alas no empty tank this morning.

I started shopping for cloths last night and didn’t buy anything. I don’t want to buy the XL stuff. I figure by the time Spring roles around I might be back to a size 12 and maybe by the summertime I could fit into a size 8. When I’m at least a size 12 I’ll be willing to buy nicer cloths. At that point pretty much all my current big cloths are going to get sold at a garage sale or donated. I never want to be this out of shape ever again.

I have attached my weight loss chart. When I feel like it’s going too slow I look at it and am comforted that while yes it’s slow and I fight and took for every pound I am making large progress bit by bit.

1E1D99D5-6BBE-4F94-B327-0DEA90ABD4BD.png

Yesterday I ate an estimated 722 calories which I think is wrong it was probably closer to 1000.

I burned 3476 calories over the course of the day.

My weight is below the 216 mark now at 215.9. That is a loss of 1.2 pounds.That makes 4.2 pounds at the end of this week that I have lost.

Unfortunatly for me it is raining today so I don’t know if I’m going to be able to do a super long walk but I will hit the treadmill today after I go grocery shopping in a moment.

I lost another .3 pounds today and am down to 215.6. I’m hopeful that I can be close to 210 by the 20th when I’m going home and around 200 by new years.

@Kristen You didn’t give up did you? I know you stopped keto but that doesn’t mean you’re not able to lose weight. Come on you can do it. ?

Todays weigh in was 215.3. I burned 3436 calories and ingested 1125 with 37% carbs, 47% fat and 16% protein. That is another day of .3 pounds lost and since November 30th I have lost 4.8 pounds.

No I haven’t given up. I am at 190.6 today. But I’m trying to figure out how to mix things up for my body now. I have to start logging macros vs weight to see what works now. I am still mostly keto. But I am just limiting to 30 carbs. And cutting my protein. I think I’m storing due to too much protein. I have averaged about 9% carbs, 26% protein and 65% fat. I’ve been in full ketosis the whole time so I have plenty of ketones and am burning fat for energy but it’s just not the way I want it. And I have noticed being hungry a couple times which isn’t supposed to happen. I’m just a bit confused at the moment. Tryin to learn my new body. 

Oh and I’ve lost 3 belt loops in 2 weeks so I know I’m thinning more than I’m losing. I just think there’s an issue with the protein with the new hormones and all. And I don’t want to gain muscle. Which is what I’m afraid I am doing. 

On 12/10/2018 at 8:15 AM, Kirsten said:

No I haven’t given up. I am at 190.6 today. But I’m trying to figure out how to mix things up for my body now. I have to start logging macros vs weight to see what works now. I am still mostly keto. But I am just limiting to 30 carbs. And cutting my protein. I think I’m storing due to too much protein. I have averaged about 9% carbs, 26% protein and 65% fat. I’ve been in full ketosis the whole time so I have plenty of ketones and am burning fat for energy but it’s just not the way I want it. And I have noticed being hungry a couple times which isn’t supposed to happen. I’m just a bit confused at the moment. Tryin to learn my new body. 

Oh and I’ve lost 3 belt loops in 2 weeks so I know I’m thinning more than I’m losing. I just think there’s an issue with the protein with the new hormones and all. And I don’t want to gain muscle. Which is what I’m afraid I am doing. 

Just remember narrow is the way and short cuts only get people lost. Everything worth anything is hard fought for.

Keep your intake to a minimum and exercise and the weight will come off.

For me I didn’t lose anything yesterday but I managed to drop another tenth of a pound today. It’s not great but I haven’t had the time to walk as much the last few days because of work. Right now I am 215.2.

I only burned 3232 calories yesterday and 982 was from moving. I had 1233 yesterday though. That’s just shy of a 2000 calorie deficit. It’s my theory that this is part of the cycle where the body thinks it’s starving. To get the fire burning I reassure it by giving it a hearty meal and it thinks oh yeah and burns a pound and then tapers off again until I give it another good meal and so on.

I keep the meal to roughly 650 calories.

I know it sounds counter productive to add in another two to three hundred calories in the day but it seems to work for me.

I’m sure you will find what works for you.

It’s just gonna take time. Everyone has a macro ratio that works for their metabolism. Mine was around 20%carbs/40%protein/40%fat last time around. Ive been assuming I need to stay in heavier ketosis because of the lack of t in my system. But I’m now thinking I have to go back to those ratios and see the results there before adjusting. Oddly enough last time around that meant a fatty carb filled coffee and donut for breakfast followed by a very regimented carb free day. Average calorie intake was 900-1200 a day. And I averaged 4-5 pounds a week weight loss. Glad I kept a complete diary. Thank you my fitness pal. Lol. The funny thing is that I did this to slow down the weight loss because I was upsetting my wife. But in actuality I think it was helping me loose now.

I have been checking my ketosis levels and I am I’m in moderate to high ketosis every day. And average weight loss in full ketosis is 2pounds a week. So I am in that window. I have also lost nearly 4 inches off my waist at this point. But I’m gaining muscle so the weight is shifting instead of falling off. Typical side effect of keto. I can’t complain. I am down over 10 pounds in 16 days. It’s not the 15 I’d hoped for but it is working. And that’s with absolutely no exercise. I’m down .2 from yesterday too. I’m at 189.8. And fully in IF mode too. I eat every day at 11am and 7pm. Nothing between. Just gonna keep going. 

I remember my ritual of walking over to the seven-11 in DC from building xx (actual name of the church building at GWU) where I worked to buy one or two donuts for breakfast. Then I had lunch and dinner without any care. I walked a lot but back then it was like meditation. If I was stressed on a problem I would take a mile walk and come back refreshed with the solution.

Today I lost .8 pounds and  I am down to 214.4. I ate 1397 calories and burned 3333 calories and drank 48 Oz of water. I had a Conn Salad for lunch and two waffles, three scrambled eggs and a piece of turkey bacon with 100% natural maple syrup for dinner. I walked 5.87 miles.

That is 5.7 pounds lost so far this month.

After a frustrating few days of going up down up down with my weight, I have went back to healthy eating and exercising. Got a 20 min core workout in, and ran a mile on the treadmill. 9:58 for a time and I had to sprint the last .1 to break 10. Plus a 5 min warm up and cool down. So 40 mins of exercise. Didn’t wear my watch today so idk what any of that is. But I’m probably in the area of 10k steps on the day. And for food coffee and donut for breakfast, chicken and a cheese stick for lunch and a salad for dinner. It’ll take some time but I’ll get there. And I’ll feel better about it. I am having issues with all the fat in that keto diet. I just don’t like it. So onto greener pastures. 

Just now, Kirsten said:

After a frustrating few days of going up down up down with my weight, I have went back to healthy eating and exercising. Got a 20 min core workout in, and ran a mile on the treadmill. 9:58 for a time and I had to sprint the last .1 to break 10. Plus a 5 min warm up and cool down. So 40 mins of exercise. Didn’t wear my watch today so idk what any of that is. But I’m probably in the area of 10k steps on the day. And for food coffee and donut for breakfast, chicken and a cheese stick for lunch and a salad for dinner. It’ll take some time but I’ll get there. And I’ll feel better about it. I am having issues with all the fat in that keto diet. I just don’t like it. So onto greener pastures. 

Nothing beats walking and running in the long term. I weighed myself before diner and I was 214.4 on the dot. So I gained nothing through the day. I had my three eggs and last two eggo waffles tonight. I finished the turkey bacon last night. But I feel full. So now I’m going to be talking with the Bf and walking pretty much the rest of the night.

Oh and I got in the Division 2 alpha. I can’t say anymore on it but I psyched for when it comes out in March!

So far so good. From 191.4 yesterday to 190.4 today!! Remembered my watch today too!! Macros yesterday were 25/24/51 which I think is right on my sweet spot. Calories were a little high at 1452 but with the exercise I burned way more than I took in. 

Gonna stick with the 13 hour fast 7p to 8a and keep the dd coffee and donut going for now. I have a salad for lunch and it’ll be a low carb dinner as well. 

Most exciting part was having my handful of pretzels and tbsp of peanut butter last night. Lol. ??‍♀️ 

Wow that really was pounds up and down. All that matters now though is you’re back on the downward trend.

I lost another .8 pounds and am down to 213.6 pounds. Yesterday was a company lunch which would have been super good if it wasn’t cold. Shrimp, very well cooked steak and chick in tiny servings and a awesome garden salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Then I had a basic sandwich for dinner along with some grapes.

I walked 7.42 miles and burned 3466 calories and ate 1501 calories. 

Holy crap! How long does it take you to walk that far!? My average is 2-3miles a day with my regular day. To walk another 4 miles I’d be on the treadmill for an hour plus. Lol. My kids would never let that fly. Hahaha. 

Thats great though. You’re doing so good!! Keep it up Rithia! 

Just now, Kirsten said:

Holy crap! How long does it take you to walk that far!? My average is 2-3miles a day with my regular day. To walk another 4 miles I’d be on the treadmill for an hour plus. Lol. My kids would never let that fly. Hahaha. 

Thats great though. You’re doing so good!! Keep it up Rithia! 

Well a good chunk during the day was floating to the rest room from all the water I drank. Then .3 to the Marriott for the company luncheon. Roughly a mile back to the office because I forgot my phone and got lost and then .3 to get back. (Yay gps on phones) In total I think I only had to use the treadmill for a little over 5 miles.

I say walk but on the treadmill I’m probably closer to a jog now with a mile in 10 minutes. I think I was on the treadmill for about 55 minutes.

Thanks

Oh and this is the burn graph.

One of my goals is to be able to go as Misato for the next Halloween party at work. Obviously I won’t be armed at the office or at wherever the party ends up being. ?

E61433E8-B3E7-4B62-B903-F7EA0DD69C80.png

09184800-6D01-44FC-95E3-CC55071A370E.jpeg

Cool! I’m gonna try to get back to a 5k a day sooner than later. I have a 1/2 marathon coming up in March so it was already part of the plan. Never done a 1/2 marathon before. Biggest is a 10k and this will be double that. But my friend says she is slow and I shouldn’t have an issue keeping up with sub 30 min 5k times. Idk though. It’s daunting for sure. But I’m so doing it. You’ll be pushing me all the way there now too! ?

I’ve never done a marathon either but it’s an appealing idea.

Today at my weigh in I was 212.7 so I lost another .9 pounds. That makes 7.4 pounds lost so far for the month of December. I think I’m on track for losing 15 pounds this month if things continue at this rate.

Very nice Rithia! I am down .4 today at 190.0! 25-30 pounds to go! I was excited last night when I went shopping too because size 12 was getting a tad baggy. Well at ny and co at least. Express is still a 12/14 ?

burned over 3000 cals yesterday and ate 970. So a good day. And much much easier than keto. 25 mins on a treadmill mirrored to smaller healthy meals is so simple in comparison. Lol. I even had 1/2 a cup of brown rice! Lol. 

Today is a holiday party. Gonna grab a bottle of patron for drinking and stick with the shrimp and crudité snacks to munch on. But just in case it’ll be a salad for lunch today and nothing else. 

1 hour ago, Kirsten said:

Very nice Rithia! I am down .4 today at 190.0! 25-30 pounds to go! I was excited last night when I went shopping too because size 12 was getting a tad baggy. Well at ny and co at least. Express is still a 12/14 ?

burned over 3000 cals yesterday and ate 970. So a good day. And much much easier than keto. 25 mins on a treadmill mirrored to smaller healthy meals is so simple in comparison. Lol. I even had 1/2 a cup of brown rice! Lol. 

Today is a holiday party. Gonna grab a bottle of patron for drinking and stick with the shrimp and crudité snacks to munch on. But just in case it’ll be a salad for lunch today and nothing else. 

A .4 pound loss is a very good stable weight loss goal. In fact as long as you don’t feel like you can’t eat something you are more likely to keep your eating pattern after your target goal.

For instance I had Papa Johns thin crust pizza and cheese sticks for dinner last night and still lost the weight.

I understand  the need for new clothes. I have a wardrobe waiting for me that will be added too as soon as I can. For now I’m buying cheap Target clothes because as Inlose weight they get too big and I never intend to need them ever again.

I’m starting to fit into the large size now albeit tightly but it’s progress considering I couldn’t wear the size at all in October. My exercise clothes are starting to get loose. I have gone from the third clip on my xl sports bras down to the middle clip and I am fitting into a 38C sports bra now too. This bra rocks too because it zips from the front meaning I can put it in rather then squeeze through it like a normal sports bra and it give me honest to god cleavage again.

I am hoping that I can keep my weight loss pace up.

21 minutes ago, RithiaAllen said:

I understand  the need for new clothes.

I currently have 5 pair of pants, 6 shirts, 1 sweater, 3 pair of shoes, 2 bras, and 8 pairs of britches. That is my WHOLE wardrobe. Lol. 

Just now, Kirsten said:

I currently have 5 pair of pants, 6 shirts, 1 sweater, 3 pair of shoes, 2 bras, and 8 pairs of britches. That is my WHOLE wardrobe. Lol. 

I have 4 jackets, ~5 skirts, 8 dresses, 3 jeans, 4 yoga pants, 3 womans slacks. 7 tshirts, and 8 blouses. I can't remember how many bras I have waiting but I know I have very nice ones waiting.

• Forum Moderator

Late Tuesday Update for me.  Well I was disappointed with the previous weeks weigh in as I had only lost 1.5lbs.  But this week things balanced out.  I lost 4.5 lbs this week. I've been extremely busy so haven't had time to post here in days.  I'm back on track with only 25.5lbs til I hit my target.

Susan R?