• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Various apps.

Josie Beth

I’m not really sure where to put this but I’ve been experimenting with a few corny apps on my phone and came up with my new avatar. A few phone apps actually give you tools to see what your face might look like made up a certain way or with different hair. I found one that while I was not exactly 100% pleased with the results it did eventually make me feel better about how I will look dressed up after so many years. I also put that photo through a few more apps like one that makes you a 3D avatar from your photo, and filters until I got closer to my real face proportions. Even if it’s not exactly how I would look with makeup and hair it does look fairly close except the lips which I’m not flattered with in the pic. I also did facial recognition research and was surprised when the result was Jamie Lee Curtis. So now I have a realistic look to go for once I go back to being femme. Technology is really interesting these days. So yes my avatar is based on my actual face. However it comes off to me as a little cartoony. I thought I would share this in case some might find it helpful.

8A76EBE8-D973-4E11-8752-3753755ADFB2.jpeg

• Admin

The newest one is softer and looks more naturally feminine.  I like the brighter look of the eyes there too.

Ok, I put this picture through something called betaface.com and this is what the AI said about the picture analysis:

5oclock shadow : no (96%), age : 42 (60%), arched eyebrows : yes (18%), attractive : yes (32%), bags under eyes : no (50%), bald : no (43%), bangs : yes (49%), beard : no (87%), big lips : yes (36%), big nose : no (17%), black hair : no (60%), blondhair : yes (24%), blurry : no, brown hair : no (84%), bushy eyebrows : no (61%), chubby : no (61%), double chin : no (72%), expression : neutral (4%), gender : female (98%), glasses : no, goatee : no (80%), gray hair : no (40%), heavy makeup : yes (90%), high cheekbones : yes (14%), mouth open : no (94%), mustache : no (86%), narrow eyes : no, oval face : yes (24%), pale skin : yes (43%), pitch : -9.94, pointy nose : yes (2%), race : black (96%), receding hairline : no (38%), rosy cheeks : no (6%), sideburns : no (98%), straight hair : yes (48%), wavy hair : no (92%), wearing earrings : yes (16%), wearing hat : no (49%), wearing lipstick : yes, wearing necklace : yes (13%), wearing necktie : no (73%), yaw : -0.34, young : yes (41%)

I’m very flattered!

Just now, VickySGV said:

The newest one is softer and looks more naturally feminine.  I like the brighter look of the eyes there too.

Thanks Vicky, I’m putting my selfie into a few hair and makeup apps and then photoshop for a dreamy look. This is much better than the avatar creator I used before. It is more realistic. I’m still too shy to post what I look like with just the wig but it’s honestly not too far off except my face is not made up so it looks more manly. I like the bangs though. 

• Admin
Just now, Josietg said:

I like the bangs though. 

Make them a little more arched over your nose to show off your eyebrows and open the face up a bit and it will be a pretty good start on discovering you!!  Always get the bangs on a wig cut to your face by a trained stylist.  In my gallery I show several wigs off, and they were all trimmed to my face.  You cannot do that with an APP really, but that is my nickle!

Good tip! Thanks. I’ve got several bookmarked and have to wait for a month or so before I can justify the cost but I figure a good wig is worth the money if it gets me out in the real world. Makeup is easier and doing theatre taught me some things but I’m still watching tutorials for some new techniques. So far this is pretty close to what I see in my minds eye. Almost reminds me of Barbara Streisand a little bit too. I’m not looking to be a look alike though because I’d rather be me. Maybe in a couple months I can try to emulate this look and post a live pic of it for comparison.