• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Is Your Favourite Dress Style?

JohnniGyrl

What Is Your Favourite Dress Style?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Dress Style?

Hello Johnnigyrl,          I do love the 50,s style of dress, the flared dress with petticoats underneath. But I also like that girly look of dress, that Susan R [posted 26 Jan 2019] is wearing, those are my style of dresses.   love,  Helenmarie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lenneth

• Jackie C.

• Mx.Drago

• Elizabeth Star

I like a few styles but for "occasions" a wrap bodycon maxi dress is my favorite. Mock wrap works too.

• 1 month later...

I don't really have a particular style. I guess it depends on the situation, but I like to show off my legs, so I rarely wear anything that goes past mid thigh.

• 7 months later...

I have gone for Office Girl/ Librarian.The reason being is the fact that I worked in an office for twenty nine years.I so admired that look on the ladies in my office.I truly wanted to be an office girl myelf.When I was a closeted dresser I went for that look quite often.I am sixty one going on for sixty two and have been happily retired for eleven years.The Office Girl look is still a favourite style.I love to wear nice top with a black skirt,midheel shoes and natural coloured tights/ pantyhose.I do make sure that I am age appropriate and wear skirts that fall just below the knees.Love being a mature office lady.So feminine and elegant

I chose Gothic, but there should have been an "Other" option as I absolutely ADORE Lolita fashion.

201610181025272587315.jpg

• Forum Moderator
On 1/14/2022 at 5:01 PM, Beverley said:

Btw Susan  as others have said that dress is gorgeous.

Yes, I have some that are very close to this but not the same color. I did pick up a nightgown though that is ‘slightly’ more transparent but looks almost identical to this. It is my absolute favorite to wear but I save it for special occassions.😉

A0CBCC70-C7C1-4F92-A6E8-F2E93FF84F50.jpeg

I'm not quite sure what "style" this would be from the list. I'd describe it as comfy casual, but most times when I am being Niamh, you will find me in a dress like this at this time of year. It obviously changes in Summer.

IMG_20220105_103047447_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211222_160028029_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211229_113519888_HDR.jpg

I'm pretty open to most styles but black is my preferred color. I do tend to lean toward A-line or fit and flare since I don't have much in the way of hips or waist. If I could only wear one for the rest of my life I would definitely choose goth style.

I have so many "styles". I think Fashionista needs to be on the list. lol

I can go to suburbanite, to high fashion to boho to tropical resort (summer time) 

My recent vacation in the tropics made me want to fill a closet with "resort wear". The gorgeous flowing dresses and cover ups people were wearing at the resort made me so jealous. Stuff like this from White House Black Market. I'm going to need a bigger closet ;)

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 6.49.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 6.53.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 6.55.17 AM.png

I don't know precisly what you would call my "style."  When I was talking with a friend of mine a few days ago, she said she felt it had a "subtle Bohemian" style and I took that as a compliment.  Like many other people who have responded here, I too favor darker colors on the whole.  That doesn't mean I won't wear other things, just that I'm partial to those.  I will admit I'm a sucker for pink.  While my wardrobe is still relatively small, the shirts I have range from your lighter blouses to standard t-shirts (with super cute and nerdy prints).  And with the exception of one of those shirts, they all tend to land within variations of blue, purple, and pink.  I do, however, wear an undershirt with just about everything.  Unfortunately I don't handle heat well which leaves me to sweat easily and excessively.  I also have a fairly bad case of psoriasis.  It's not uncommon for me to bleed in places without realizing it.  The undershirts mitigate the risk of stains and from feeling "icky."  They also help me keep my upper chest hidden when the shirt I have dips far enough or has a wide enough neck.  I have several that are pink and purple to match what I will be wearing over them.  I do that because I personally feel uncomfortable with that area and people seeing it.  It's a consistent trigger for dysphoria, and despite all my efforts to shave and maintain it, I perpetually grapple with that discomfort and become extremely self concious about it.

Personally, I prefer skirts.  I do have a pair of capris and a pair of standard jeans, but I will totally take a skirt when given the choice.  I found the perfect one when I was out with my partner.  It is ankle length, made of denim,and runs on the darker side of spectrum.  It goes with pretty much anything I wear with it and has back pockets which is always useful.  I prefer wearing a lovely pair of boots I found with my skirts.  They're quite nice, are black, and have something like a 3 inch heel.  As a vertically challenged woman, I'll take anything I can get.  Not to mention they too work well with most of my outfits.  I do have a pair of athletic shoes though.  I wear those with the capris and when it's more practical for what I'm doing or where I'm going. 

When it comes to my hair my options are slightly limited.  The psoriasis has resulted in issues with hair growth and it is nightmarishly frizzy.  I suspect it can bend the laws of physics.  It's down around my shoulders, but won't really grow past that at this point.  And I haven't had a hair cut in the interest of controlling or changing it's length in almost three years.  So it's long enough to keep in a small pony tail with bands or scrunchies.  I'll sometimes keep the top covered in a bandana with pretty floral design, but normally prefer a headband.  I have to keep something on top of my head because my hair absolutely refuses to stay down or remain neat without something on my head pinning it down or a ridiculous amount of hair products.

I always accessorize if possible.  I have one particular necklace I am fond of because it's pretty and also seems to work well with everything I have.  It has a silver chain with an almost turquise hue to it's design and some faux diamonds running up on it.  I have a small selection of bracelets so far.  All of them are gold, or technically made to appear gold to be accurate.  I would prefer something in silver, but I haven't run across anything that caught my fancy yet.  I have several pairs of earrings I cycle through.  One pair came with the necklace I just mentioned, so their design is the same.  My partner also got me a pair with a Sailor Moon design.  My watch and glasses might not really qualify as "accessories," but did get a pink band for the Apple Watch and frames colored metallic pink around the lenses and a kind of rainbow collage down the ear pieces ending in a small heart.

Finally, I have something I would describe as a shawl and something like a thin sweater but open in the front, reaching down to my ankles, and with pockets.  I always have at least one of those.  If it gets too chilly I can break out a pink hoodie.  Toss a scarf over which of those I'm wearing, throw in the painted nails, and voila!  It's a perpetual work in progress, but, knock on wood, I have yet to be openly misgendered by anyone I encounter and interact with when I am out and about.  If anybody is, they're not saying anything to me about it.  I've also never run into problems using the ladies washroom in any place it was necessary to do so.  The barista at a cafe I was in a few days ago even told me she liked my earrings and "Little Mermaid" shirt.  Yay!  The one potential with all of this is facial hair.  At the moment I can only keep it shaved.  More long term solutions aren't possible just yet, but my mask, fortunately, takes care of that problem.

Last thing, and I promise I'll end this little novel I've written after that, is the bra.  I personally prefer to use insertable pads in it.  Not only does it help people more readily see and identify me correctly, it helps me feel more relaxed and at ease while taking me a step closer to being truly myself.

1 hour ago, Lenneth said:

0A5C4C52-C6B9-4472-8C99-2F02539518A3.jpeg

E9468115-C211-4EDE-BEB0-3B4BBA989EA5.jpeg

399DAE2D-58FB-4C5F-A0DD-9D4E5AA94A06.jpeg

That actually reminds me of a dark version of the Mori Girl fashion.

I probably lack a style. I just take whatever looks good and, as long as it looks good on its own, I'll combine it with whatever else I like best. People tend to go for an 'overall' look as far as I can tell but not me. I was told recently by a woman at the doctor's office that I looked good in orange, which was very nice of her. 

5 hours ago, Snow Princess Sophie said:

That actually reminds me of a dark version of the Mori Girl fashion.

Having looked up what Mori Girl is and looks like, I have to agree with you.  And after looking at examples, I find myself loving it.  Thank you for helping me broaden my fashion  options!

I had never heard of "Mori Girl" but I like that look and probably have my own version of it.  (I should point out that I'm in my early 70's)

I wear dresses or skirts exclusively - except when doing work that requires pants of some kind.  I prefer below the knee hemlines, mid calf for the most part and made some heavier weight petticoats for winter weather.  Bras? depends on the outfit.  Usually layers with a full slip at the base.  Yeah, I like the shawls too.  I suspect my style is kinda Hag-Witch, heh heh.

Lately I've been wearing thigh-high socks to keep the legs warm.  Found I like them better than leggings.  Sandals or clogs in warm weather, boots in cold.

• Forum Moderator

Gothic. While I do go librarian or full lesbian sometimes, my favorite clothing makes me look like the delightfully wicked witch of the woods.

Hugs!

13 hours ago, Lenneth said:

Having looked up what Mori Girl is and looks like, I have to agree with you.  And after looking at examples, I find myself loving it.  Thank you for helping me broaden my fashion  options!

Glad you like it. I keep up with tons of Japanese street fashions old and new and mostly closely related to Lolita, so feel free to borrow from my mental wardrobe anytime.

• 1 month later...

I like anything I can wear boots with. Not the really provocative boots, though. I just like wearing boots. Jeans, leggings, skirts, and dresses. I think that might fall under classic, but I don't know.

2 hours ago, Gabrielle Marine Alizee said:

I like anything I can wear boots with. Not the really provocative boots, though. I just like wearing boots. Jeans, leggings, skirts, and dresses. I think that might fall under classic, but I don't know.

61B8251C-AD1F-4ED1-84C3-568BF7D3E962.thumb.jpeg.ad5928dbf579a2b66a73396f347ef885.jpeg

1B5352DA-411F-43F6-A821-6877EB4E71FB.thumb.jpeg.8c13d313b1a628f3ba32a63b906978ac.jpeg

These are the boots I wear most often.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Lenneth said:

These are the boots I wear most often.

I like those. They look stompy. Are they stompy?

Hugs!

6 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

I like those. They look stompy. Are they stompy?

Hugs!

Totally.  I was in them when dancing the other day.

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Lenneth said:

Totally.  I was in them when dancing the other day.

Nice! I don't suppose they come in a women's size 13?

Hugs!

22 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

Nice! I don't suppose they come in a women's size 13?

Yeah…  This is the thing.