• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Electrolysis Again Today....

Guest Donna Jean

Guest Donna Jean

Well, week 4 and nothing really to report...still doing 1 1/2 hours and 45 minutes per side of face.

But, we ARE making progress and I'm very happy about what is getting done!

I do really hate not being able to shave from Wednesday 'til Saturday afternoon..Dang!

Don't feel very feminine then....

And I won't be able to go for the next two weeks as she has other obligations....

But the BEST part of today's session was ...while working on me she got kinda quiet...then she asked.."May I ask you a question?" She asked me about being Transgendered ...EVERYTHING about it and we talked and talked....

I came out to her on the second visit and last week we just chit-chatted ...But, today...OMG!

She asked me if I was gonna have the surgery and I told her that I planed to do that...

Then she asked me if I would need genital electrolysis......OMG....OMG....OMG.. :blink::blink:

Well, anyway, it was a fun time and more hairs are permanently gone...WOO HOO!!!

I'll let you know what happens next time...

HUGGS

Donna Jean

Guest joe0117

Hi Dona Jean!

There is nothing like making progress towards your ultimate goal! I am so happy that she was so receptive and open with you. It must be hard to have to wait to shave but soon you won't have to shave every again - well at least your face :huh: I am in the opposite direction and with 6 months on T, I am waiting *ahem* patiently for any signs of wiskers or any facial hair that doesn't resemble peach fuzz :( I am very happy that you are making progress!! Good luck!

Joe

Guest Sophie H

Congrats Donna Jean. I am pleased that it's going well, and its great that you have a good relationship with the person doing it. Nothing worse than going and having someone moody or not talkative.

Guest Evan_J

45 minutes on each side of your face?!! Oh Deeg, that sound painful. You better have an extra muffin off Sally's cart for that. On the plus side at least its permanent. When you have those "not feeling feminine" days you should do something like rest with cucumbers on your eyes for half and hour. Its natural so shouldn't interfer with the procedure? Or (even better?) get one of those mask-things women put in the freezer and then lay on their eyes.

Guest StrandedOutThere

Congrats on your continuing hair removal! Man...I had no idea it was this difficult! I thought that in like 1 or 2 sessions it'd be all gone. That shows what I know!

Sorry about the deal with not being able to shave. That's a real bummer. I imagine it feels similar to the feeling I have when I want to shave but have no reason to do it. :)

It sounds like your electrolysis lady is way cool though. That's so awesome!

well done donna!

just think soon you wont have to shave at all!

and evan ROTFL at your comment, hahah face masks, i have so many comical images in my mind now

Guest Elizabeth K

SOOON

Toss that nasty razor away...

wait wait wait...

about those legs and underarms young lady!

hee hee

Lizzy

Well what can I say?

I know Yeah!

I'm glad that it is going so well.

I hated going to get my face worked on, I loved the girl and her Post op girlfirend (the baker), but I went dressed - with stubble - Imagine the paranoia as I drove to and from her house.

It takes a bit more than 1 or 2 session - each hair is zapped individually - know how many hairs are on the average face?

and only a third of the hairs in any one section are at the right phase of growth to be effectively removed so - multiple visits!

It is a long and not so pleasant process, but I can't shave close enough so I will have to get back on that - it is best to finish the face before going full time - it's hard to hide stubble for three days when presenting female.

Again, congratulations and Wooo Hooo!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest mia 1

Genital Electrolysis...not as bad as it sounds...mostly upper inner thigh stuff...kinda like bikini line removal just like you see in the newspaper adds..had a girlfriend who had it done not a problem for her and she is a wimp for pain just like me..... B)

Mia, I can send you a link with the patern that Dr. Bowers sends out for your electrolosist to work from - Yikes and Ouch!

On second thought you might not want to see it.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Soph

I know exactly how you feel, hating not being able to shave. I've only just started electrolysis (like, thursday, lol), but I have another session Monday, and my hair won't grow in fast enough that I have to go without shaving. Really sucks. That and I've been out all weekend with my friends (I'm posting from one's house right now), so I've been going places. Really makes it tough to pass if you look like a mountain man :'(

Guest mia 1
'Sally':

Mia, I can send you a link with the pattern that Dr. Bowers sends out for your electrologist to work from - Yikes and Ouch!

On second thought you might not want to see it.

Love ya,

Sally

Sally Thanks but no thanks...... gulp! I love my naiveté :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Donna Jean

Good fer me!

My electrologist said we have to cancel for two weeks...her boy's grad party and the next week company coming.....Dang!

Well, I didn't go last week because of the grad party....but she called me yesterday and said that her company wasn't coming! RIGHT ON!

So Darcy and I are hitting the road (50 miles) this morning at 7:30 to get there for an hour and a half session!

Then some shopping!

Life is good

More hairs GONE!

Love

Donna Jean

Congrats on getting the appointment, don't spend too much shopping. i know when i buy and spend way too much. I have my 6th laser session Monday, I'm not seeing the results i hoped for and will call to start electro in addition to laser for awhile.

Paula

Guest Donna Jean
Congrats on getting the appointment, don't spend too much shopping. i know when i buy and spend way too much. I have my 6th laser session Monday, I'm not seeing the results i hoped for and will call to start electro in addition to laser for awhile.

Paula

Oh, Paula, Honey.....

What is wrong with the Laser? What is not happening the way that you want? Is it not effective enough? Heck....Laser is what I wanted and my electrologist is licensed for both and she told me right up front that it would be a waste of money for me.

This morning's session was wonderful! Hour and a half again and making steady progress! She is below my lip line now but, hasn't done the upper lip yet!

It's nice to actually see the progress!

And she gave me a bunch of flowers to bring home to plant, too....she is a sweetheart!

I'm getting much better at tolerating the needle and we chat through the whole process and it takes my mind off of it. The time flys by!

What's nice about it is that it is in her home and I can pet the dog or cat.....lol

We listen to the radio and it's so nice!

Love

Donna Jean

my lady had ten dogs so she had to close the door with them outside - a little too much activity, but her girlfriend was a post op who baked me muffins and brownies - I miss them.

Good luck on continued great progree Dee Jay.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Charlene_Leona

I go for my 8th laser appointment Tuesday and it's a slow but sure process, I paid for 6 treatments with a 2 year guarantee so they are working on me for free right now and will until there all gone or I get my money back. I have to find someone that will do my private area soon and that's going to be a royal pain. I would of gone with electrolysis but I have and extreme aversion to electrical shock. I've had to have nerve conduction studies because of my Muscular Dystrophy and those always have me balling after the first jolt, I just can't handle it. It is a bit painful in certain areas with the laser but I usually take a couple of pain pills an hour before my appointment and use a numbing solution before they start. I'm hoping that my dermatologist will do the privates so I can be sedated for those sessions. Otherwise it will be like setting my privates on fire. OWWW :o

I had my sixth laser session today, when i told her i wanted to start electro in addition to laser, because i didn't want to have to grow what's there for electro when i go full time she said to wait because i was making great progress and there were still lots of dark hairs, plus after next month the rest till the end of the year are free. I do notice a difference as the weeks go bye after a session.

Paula

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Donna Jean

Well, this morning was week eight!

It's going nicely, I think....I see the progress being made...She has started at the first hairs under my eyes and works down and is almost to the jaw line! Equally on both sides so that you don't have a big clear spot all by it's self.

She told me that she would like to kick the sessions up from 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours starting next week and If I can stand she says that she will even do 3 hours... :blink:

And also starting next week.....THE UPPER LIP!

Oh my! It's going to be an interesting summer!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Victoriaf

Hi Donna

I am glad to hear it is moving along for you. Same here, little by little each week shows more progress, and the upper lip HURTS. hang in there

Hugs

Victoria

Guest Donna Jean
Hi Donna

I am glad to hear it is moving along for you. Same here, little by little each week shows more progress, and the upper lip HURTS. hang in there

Hugs

Victoria

Thanks, Vickie!

Well, today was "L" day! That's right...we went after the upper lip....something that means a lot to me to get after....

First thing when I lay down ...she rubbed a gel on my lip... "Lidocaine" to help numb it!

Then she began working on other areas while that stuff did it's job.....

And then she applied it again a little later before starting to work there....

Well, I'll bet that it didn't hurt one bit then......RIGHT???

YIKES! DANG...DANG...DANG....

I had little tears running down my cheeks and she asked me if something was wrong......

"Oh, heck no, Hon...just that you're poking a needle in my skin right under my nose and applying 10,000 volts to it!" OMG....OMG.....

And then she mentioned the possibility of "Genital Electrolysis" before surgery.....

You could of heard me screaming a mile away..........................

Donna Jean

And then she mentioned the possibility of "Genital Electrolysis" before surgery.....

You could of heard me screaming a mile away..........................

I guess you just didn't understand me when I mentioned that to you a while back.

I just assumed that you were looking forward to it for some very strange reason.

Love ya,

Sally

How long do you anticipate this process taking? I'm just curious. It sounds awful, but at least it sounds like you're happy with the results.