• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Trying to Catch Myself

killjoyaiden

killjoyaiden

I'm struggling to prevent myself from going back to old habits. I almost fasted yesterday, but I reminded myself that fasting only makes losing weight harder,and I ate. Now, I'm trying out this thing where you eat something little every 2 hours. It's supposed to increase your metabolism instead of eating three giant meals and sandbagging your stomach.. Just advice for someone who wants to try it. My mom used to be a nurse and worked in a mental institution, so she gave me this advice that has a lot of scientific evidence to show that it works. 

So, I'm currently in a tug-of-war with myself... How did I get here??

• Forum Moderator

I hope it works for you.  I have never had an eating disorder that required life changes.  Perhaps that is in part because of being active with my work.  

I do know addiction and found that i could get through one day at a time when it comes to issues in my life.  Try to take it easy and let go of the tug.

Hugs,

Charlize

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

• Betty K
    • BlueNails
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

SwedeGirl
    Newest Member
    SwedeGirl

1. jowilla
      jowilla
    • Jackie C.
      Again, congratulations! Still jealous though. 🥺   Hugs!
    • Ann W
      God, I love being a girl!
    • Jackie C.
      My guess would be a realization of, "Nobody is agreeing with me. Maybe I'm wrong?" Good on her. Good on the nurse and like I keep telling you, you look just like a skinnier version of my sister-in-law. She's never mentioned anybody mis-gendering her so I think you're stuck with being "Liz the woman." Congratulations!   Hugs!
    • Kasumi63
      I’m planning on having these done this summer in Thailand, so I will be following your adventure. Good luck! You must be so excited!
    • Ann W
      Lots of good stuff in that story.  It sounds like your wife's acceptance doesn't run in a straight line...like a graph that ultimately goes upward, but is kinda jagged along the way.
    • RhondaS
      She must have really wanted them to retrieve you, @ElizabethStar . The other 'she/her' talk? That'd make me want to accompany my spouse everywhere!
    • Kasumi63
      I don’t know anything about Mexico, but I just had the surgery in Japan—less than a week ago. I can share more about my own experience, if that’s what you decide to have done. Good luck!
    • Ann W
      I'm smiling with my eyes. 😷 Wearing my favorite denim skirt...just because.
    • tracy_j
      Knowing no trans people whatever locally (at least as far as I know) and just living in the community I don't see any advantage to it. To me it is preferable to live in the general population rather than segregation, which would likely bring as many problems as it solves.   Tracy  
    • AgnesBardsie
      Yay! progress! What a happy story!  I took a check into the bank today to get it cashed and the cashier said she liked the color of my nail polish! So nice!
    • AgnesBardsie
      I find this so true! The girl is fearless whereas the boy is a big chicken! Whenever I feel doubts rising I tell myself, "Agnes, you're in charge. Do what needs to be done," and it gets done! It's amazing! Agnes can talk to complete strangers about anything under the sun! I love this girl!
    • AgnesBardsie
      Great question! Number one. Be true to yourself. It's your inner sense that matters, no one else. When doubts creep in, put them under a light and ask yourself honestly where they're coming from. Is it anticipation of someone's negative opinion that is causing the doubt? If so, remember that they haven't actually responded yet. It's the anticipation that's causing the doubt. You know in yourself better than anyone else who you are. Keep your focus on that. Love who you are. Others will love you for who you are as a result. Two more pieces of advice. (1) Breathe! (2) Smile!  
    • Liam da potato
      To be honest I’m not completely out yet but my parents know and my friends so I can maybe tell you about that feeling, maybe, that’s more on my experience. I told some of my friends and my partner before saying it to my parents and I did not feel really better because I still had to tell it to my parents so I just kept thinking about this. So maybe idk this is based on me but maybe it’s because you’re still stressed about the fact that your sister and mother don’t know yet. And again you might not feel exactly better after they know or maybe yes depending on their reaction but you might feel it off your shoulders, but like I said it’s my experience and we’re all different. So I don’t really know but at least you’ll have a good end to this, and that you’ll be accepted by your mother and sister even if it might take a while ^^ so good luck! I think you can do it!  
    • Liam da potato
      hehe thanks that makes me even more ready lulz xD
    • Gabriel
      Yay Liam! That's awesome. I can feel your energy from here (Girona is not that far from France, but still  ).  You go rock the world 💪
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.