• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Dermablend Concealers

Maid In Bedlam

Yay first thread. In a new Sub section.

Dermablend Full coverage 3d Correcttion and fluid Correcter foundation.

.IMGP0040.thumb.JPG.88346bf7650148d46469a91a254800ab.JPG

If you wanted to hide a bus parked on your face. Then for the past 5 years these have been my go to products.

Use a beauty blender to apply it and as it says it will still look great 16 hrs later. It is a bit more expensive but you wont be dissapointed. You do not need much The liquid lasts me a  few months and the 3d correcter maybe Two

The 3d is more for those darker areas like top lip chin etc.

The secret is do not slap it it on like cement.

They also do a Loose powder but any loose translucent powder will do for finnishing. I just get whatever and it works for me.

As a footnote. if its still part of your routine then the obvious is make sure your face is prepared before you apply. ie, A good shave and some moisteriser pre application.

Yes my bottles are almost at the end of there useful lives but thats academic. They get used everyday. Even now I still consider it the best concealers/foundations ever.

I use nude as you may have guessed but they do them in diffrent tones.

• Admin

There is a product here in the U.S. by the same name, that is as good as the one you are mentioning.  Ours is made by L'Oreal, but as I say, same overall claims and results.  I have used it for 15 years.

• Forum Moderator

I have the fluid corrective foundation posted but it is in a white tube. Maybe old stock now as I have had it for some time. I agree with using it sparingly, but I do find it good. I use a very thin smear and blend it all over my neck (it hides shaving rash well). Put on too thickly (very easily done) things look worse than using none at all. Generally I use a more general foundation on my face and blend things in.

Tracy

• 2 years later...

Maid, My problem arose from my cystic acne in my teens. I have had all my life and still do, icepick pit scars all over my face ... most notably on my cheeks but other wider spread areas as well.

I saw a YT VDO about using pancake "stage makeup" to cover them and "push the powder in" by twiddling it with a  medium firm brush. (For "Twiddling reads 'pill-rolling' the handle of the brush back & forth between thumb & forefinger in a B&F twisting motion.)"

The VDO also suggested using this same(or similar) named product.

Now, my question is how would you assess the efficacy of this produce & procedure? Would it be damaging to the skin? Would it clog the pores ... and by extension create new acne eruptions? Can/should I put regular foundation over it? What about concealer ... over or under the "dermablend' or, same qx ; over or under foundation?

I'm not asking for "infomercial," so much as just some ideas whether/how to use this product/process and bast practices in doing so.

TY Eversomuch,

StaySweet and DonLetDaBugzGitcha!!  ❤️

Kjiersten

<Kj>