• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Neuroscientist Will Study Links B/T TG Braisn & Gender Identity

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

An interesting subject. Probably a lifetimes work there!

Tracy

• 1 month later...
Maid In Bedlam

As Far as Transexuality goes there have already been many studys on the brain diffrences.

Its been proved that brains reflet more to the gender they feel more phychlogical attached to

The human brain is a very complex but men have roughly 6.5 times More grey matter than woman. Woman 10 times more white matter than men. In the brain of the Transsexual the White matter reflets the white of born female. Its already been done. even pre hormones.  To the point where they took the brains of the deceased and examined them transsexuals and non Transsexuals repspectivly and results showed this also.

Well good luck to him if he finds something new.

However I would be cautious of a cure so to speak. If there is such a thing.  The only cure i know is what is avaliable now. Which isnt a cure but controls the symptoms. (Thats my take on it)

To put that in perspective. I do not feel the symptoms now. However tommrow if i decided to go back to trying  to live as a man I could be damm sure within a week all my symptoms of gender dysphoria  would be back.

“Research has tended to ignore that ambiguous area, which is reflected in nonbinary or gender nonconforming populations,” Vanhoecke said. “This idea of binary health care, that you’re either male or female, it’s only in the last few years that researchers are starting to say that’s just not true.”

I think and there are 2 sides to every story. He is trying to find proof that it is not just male and female brains but more diffrences than have already been established.

I've often wondered why my mental landscape seemed to be so different than those around me, that I was more closely aligned with females (since before kindergarten) than the males I was "supposed" to be one of.

Perhaps my brain is one of those that someone will study post-mortem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 102 Guests (See full list)

• BillieB
    • 2beBreanna
    • Jackie C.
    • Rogerkyle3452
    • Confused1
    • Jandi
    • Cyndee
    • Dee Jolly
    • Shawnster
    • LusciousTheLock
    • William03232019
    • ElizabethStar
    • AgnesBardsie
    • Tasha Marie
    • nympheanelumbo
    • identityfun
    • Linda Marie
    • ValerieRun
    • JustineM
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Rogerkyle3452
    Newest Member
    Rogerkyle3452

1. Freddie
      Freddie
      (19 years old)
    2. MWK89
      MWK89
      (32 years old)
    3. ophelia
      ophelia
      (27 years old)
    4. papaparca
      papaparca
      (24 years old)
    • BillieB
      An update! I have expanded my Coming Out list again am halfway through my list with a goal of finishing it before Easter. My wife has taken me on a couple of shopping trips and starting to build my wardrobe. I am doing my nails, although a subtle shade of polish for now. I currently only dress feminine when at home and switch to "boy mode" when I go out, I went out this Sunday in one of my feminine outfits (including bra and breast forms) to lunch with a friend who I have already come out to. Afterwards my wife and I went clothes shopping. Tomorrow is my first visit to the Transgender Clinic and am so excited!   Virtual hugs to All! Billie
    • Tasha Marie
      I too am here to meet friends. I am lonely too. I have no trans friends at all. It is so tough with no one to  really talk to. Yes I have fellow pilots, but can’t discuss anything really about me.
    • ValerieRun
      I have come across an article (which of course I cannot find now lol) that explained how both operations can be done BUT order matters. It was something about moving (or spreading, or something) vocal cords in order to get to the area to be reduced. And so that has to be done first, or shortened cords might get in a way and tear or get damaged. Of course, it could have been that specific operation or surgeon, and might not apply to other methods, but there are definitely more options than just a binary choice 🙂
    • Jandi
      I should point out that I don't have a partner at this time of my life, but… In my experience, there are different kinds of them.  The kind I associate with the guy thing tends to be pretty directed toward one area.  And then there is a more full-body sort, that is more internal, but pretty intense.  At least in my experience this doesn't necessarily require the involvement of "down there" but is quite satisfying.  But, I suspect this is a very individual sort of thing. I find that these days I am less visually stimulated than I used to be.  I'm kind of developing a taste for "steamy romance" paperbacks.  Whoo…   But I'm kinda weird I think.  I suspect I'm more pansexual. At times I think there is a type of spiritual thing involved.   But then, like I said, I'm kinda weird.  
    • William03232019
      Oh that's great to hear because they did 2 rounds of blood tests for me and both times they mentioned my kidneys and liver were perfect! Thank you so much!
    • Jackie C.
      It's going to come down to your blood work. If your liver and kidneys are healthy, you won't have any problem. They just want your to be as healthy as possible before they put additional strain on your body.   You're young enough that you shouldn't have any issues, but being as healthy as possible is a good stance to take while undergoing transition. It puts a lot of stress on the body and it's on you to make sure your body is conditioned to handle it.   Of course you're on T so you'll be lifting more than my little girl arms can handle (I dead-lifted 270 today, it's more than my workout partner can lift for once and I'm excited) before you know it. 😉   Hugs!
    • AwesomeClaire
      Thanks Holly. Your name is pretty, I didn't think stripper when I saw it. 
    • HollyNoel
      You know it sweetie!
    • William03232019
      I'm about 275 and about 5'8 but my doctor said because my legs are muscular and it isn't loose fat she doesn't consider me like morbidly obese. I plan on working out a lot more when I've started T but I was just anxious that they wouldn't even let me do hrt if I'm too heavy. Thanks for the motivation!
    • HollyNoel
      Clair, first, I love your name. So very classy. Mine, Holly, now that I think about it brings to mind a stripper.. lol   I looked at the flag under your name and thought the blue flag was California. It's North Dakota, I was about to say that there must be many local groups in California. Anyway, I'm so sorry there isn't any place where you are that you can meet up with other trans brothers or sisters. I'm glad you have this place where you can talk to others that are going through the things you are. And if you need, I will always be available to talk to. I want you to know you have friends here.
    • KathyLauren
      Go for it!  Putting yourself out there is scary, I know, but it is one of the best ways to gain acceptance.   It's not quite the same situation, but, back when I had been out for less than a month, I realized that I had already committed to doing a public presentation for the local astronomy association.  After some nervous emails to the coordinator, I went ahead and did it.  I am so glad I did.  Everyone in the group now knows that I am trans, but they don't care, because they also know that I know my stuff.  Getting rid of the elephant in the room is liberating and empowering.   It sounds like your company is on board with the resource group.  By chairing it, you have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and make sure that it is inclusive and pro-active.  You have got this!
    • AwesomeClaire
      Ok, thanks for the support.
    • VickySGV
      Big NO
    • HollyNoel
      No! Clair, in fact I say everything's right with you Hun. lol
    • Jackie C.
      Well that's new, usually it's one or the other. That's a pretty quick recovery for surgery, but slow for laser so it must be some kind of blended procedure. By all means go for it!   Hugs!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.