• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

underwear

Thomasina

Welcome Genevieve!

I've forgotten about this thread.?...always happy to discuss underwear and clothing adventures.

Just today I went out to meet a friend (I have yet to come out to her bc she can be quite the gossip)?

I intended to meet her in my leggings(BC she's use to seeing me in them now)...but a last minute inadvertent 'accident; with a V8 Juice can left them looking as if I had had 'my virginity' or a period down in the inside thigh...?

...so reluctantly I went back up to change. Since I was late, I decided to pull on a long black skirt with large buttons down the front.

Of course I realised enroute it may have open a 'can of worms' with her.?

Somehow, following a bout of panic on her part (BC she could not find her phone...it was a a grocery bag), she did not observe my skirt till we were walking to the restaurant.

Funny thing is she and another friend (He's also a big gossip) always seem to hold back on asking the obvious...?

...so she remarked I had a nice skirt on that she was making an observation that my wardrobe was increasingly changing over the years.

My response, I am of course updating myself. We all have to.?

But the funniest thing is she mentioned the skirt but did not go further because I was also wearing a semi translucent light baby clue (ethnic?) cotton top with tassles and you should be able to see my nude strapless A cups if you look hard enough?

People.

• 3 months later...
On 6/19/2021 at 2:12 PM, lufia said:

As for me, I always hated wearing men's underwear. It just felt wrong, and gross to me. They are just ugly and uncomfortable.

That's the thing really isn't it. Women's clothes are so much prettier and varied and feel so much better.  Pair of white Y fronts, or a pair of colourful lace panties with a frill round the edges?  No-brainer really!

• 7 months later...

As with most people here I also fell in love with panties at an early age, I remember looking at the old sears catalog, or a victoria secret catalog that would get sent to the house and adoring the beautiful lingerie on the models. Eventually I got curious and checked if my mom owned any of these items, found some satin panties, tried them on and unlocked an inner battle I could never shake off from there.

Long story short after many years of stealing and hiding the shame, getting caught a few times and being bullied by my siblings, I moved out and I started buying my own once I figured out the correct size, still sadly purging some of the cutest lingerie I've ever owned out of shame and embarassment. currently I'm about a Male 38embarrassment. Translated to a womens 16 for most brands, theres still some weird stuff going on with those though. and I wear XL panties, sadly I'm "endowed" which can be a blessing but in terms of what I can wear in women's clothes limits me a bit, lace is fantastic, can't wear it though because I push up against it for a cheese grater type effect. Some Satin lacks stretch so I usually have to size up for that, nylon is awesome. Cotton varies.

My favorite panties for stretch and coverage currently are victoria secrets seemless line, the thong and bikini cuts are amazing, the hipsters work sometimes and I love the way they hug my cheeks but when I fall asleep in them I tend to fall out the sides. I actually was able to go in and try on some pairs on a slower weekday, you have to try them on over your current panties. But it allows you to try all the different cuts and styles avaliable.

I love nylon and satin for fabrics, and although I don't have breasts I have started to incorporate bras into my wardrobe to get used to them for when my breast might develop. The website shein.com has been great for allowing me to explore different styles without breaking the bank. I'm still pretty masculine V shaped so they carry alot of extended sized tops that I've been trying out with much success.

• 4 months later...

I started wearing out by wearing a pair of my moms panties when I was about 12, then my sister got a cute cami set and I loved slipping that on when I got a chance. I have definitely gone through phases over the years, however I have recently met an Ann Summers rep on Twitter and my lingerie collection has really grown!

I have decided to wear lingerie more often, and am currently sitting in the office with a bra and panties under my clothes, I know I will be in the office on my own all day! I have also recently started to wear women's nightwear to bed, and am trying to get used to wearing it.

I have started to move away from the ultra sexy stuff to the more wearable things, and have some very cute flowery pyjama sets!

Why do I do it? Because it is so much prettier and nicer and there is more variety than mens stuff. I know it doesn't always fit brilliantly and sometimes my bits fall out of the panties, but it just feels more natural to me

It was nice to re-visit this thread ... and 'underwear' is one of my favorite topics😊.  Not being socially Out yet, it's truly one of the few affirming aspects of my daily life that I can appreciate.  Normally just panties.

Wacoal is my favorite brand.  They just seem to fit my body well, and their silky/lacy combinations are very feminine.  My everyday 'go-to' are Calvin 'boy shorts' (makes sense, right?).  I never worry about the band showing under my shirt line because its the same brand logo as the men's type.  But they are SO much more comfortable than men's underwear.  Same with my sleepwear ... I will never go back to men's.

Oh, and Thanks! @Nik or Nikki for the tip on Ann Summers.  Great site!

• 3 weeks later...

Today I finally came out to my wife. It’s not that she didn’t know, in fact quite the opposite. She has purchased bras, panties, and leggings for me at various stores. I always passed it off as something I do when I masterbate. When I say I finally came out to my wife, I mean that I referred to myself as a cross dresser vocally, for the first time ever. It felt so amazing to say it aloud to myself, let alone to say it to anyone else. I have been dabbling with cross dressing since I was a teenager. Back then it felt taboo, wearing my sister’s panties while masterbating. As soon as I would orgasm, I would feel ashamed of dressing in women’s underwear. Somehow I always managed to lock this up in the back of my mind. Back then I never saw myself as a cross dresser, I could always justify it as, I’m just experimenting or it’s just something taboo to make masterbation more exciting. I have struggled with this for most of my life. It was a few years ago, after masterbating, that I kept the panties on for the rest of the day. It felt so amazing! My little dirty secret no one knew about. It went this way for years. I’d stay away from dressing because of the shame I felt when I would dress. Then when it became so unbearable, I’d finally break down and wear my bra and panties for a few hours to relieve the itch. During this time I also started to feel something different. I began to realize that dressing made me feel like a complete person. I still felt shame for dressing, but I could feel that shame start to slowly fade away. Now I can’t wait to get home, shower and then dress up. As I have just started this journey, I have never left my house in full dress. Tonight is the first night I wore my white bra and panties to work. I feel so amazing right now. I feel whole. I feel confident. I finally feel like me. I can’t wait to go dress shopping for Sephera, now that I know her.

• 2 months later...

Bought 5 pairs of sissy panties from Amazon. I absolutely love the ashani brand of <redacted> thongs. Best panties a <redacted> could ask for. 
normal panties for women are made to fit there crouch better. No room for your <redacted> without getting squished.

I also love the feeling the thing gives while riding up my <redacted>.

• 1 month later...

Yea I was the same I always loved women’s underwear wen I was younger I used to wear my mams underwear wen she wasn’t in then as I got older wen I was with a woman I used to secretly wear hers then it went to wearing her clothes but it come to me starting buying my own underwear and I’ve near felt happier when I have bra and knickers on 

42 minutes ago, Michelle38 said:

I always loved women’s underwear wen I was younger

I remember there was a period when I was in high school when I'd wear various items of women's underwear under my boy's clothes. I was never caught, but one time came so, so close. I was wearing a bra under my boy's shirt and tee, and, as I was going out the door, my mother hugged me. "What's that you're wearing?" she asked. I'm sure I panicked and said something like, "Oh, nothing." Did my mother believe that it was "nothing"? Or did she know exactly what "it" was, and had she known all along? I'll never know the answer to that.

7 minutes ago, Rianon said:

I remember there was a period when I was in high school when I'd wear various items of women's underwear under my boy's clothes. I was never caught, but one time came so, so close. I was wearing a bra under my boy's shirt and tee, and, as I was going out the door, my mother hugged me. "What's that you're wearing?" she asked. I'm sure I panicked and said something like, "Oh, nothing." Did my mother believe that it was "nothing"? Or did she know exactly what "it" was, and had she known all along? I'll never know the answer to that.

I only wore them in secret wen I was younger now I wear them all the time well I got a takeaway tonight for my tea and I answered my door in my gold lingerie and my leather Bodycon dress and it felt so good finally showing the public who I really am 

Never liked wearing female undies ;) But I remember, when I was about 8, or 9, I insisted of wearing boys underwear all the time. Back then my mom bought some, and I wore them with pride. She once bought a swimsuit for me, it was dark blue with red and white anchors printed on it. I refused to wear it. So she bought a bikini, I refused to wear that, as well. In the end I got some swimming briefs for boys and was happy. 

When puberty struck all this came to an end, my parents told me, that I was going to be a woman, and that women didn`t wear boys stuff. 

When I was 15, I secretly bought some male undies, the only problem was washing them, as my mom would have thrown them away, had she known. So I tried washing them in the sink, with some hand soap, and my mom found them placed on a radiator to dry. You can imagine the drama that unfolded upon me. 

After I came out my mom bought me my first male underwear, my first razor and aftershave lotion. 

5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Never liked wearing female undies ;) But I remember, when I was about 8, or 9, I insisted of wearing boys underwear all the time. Back then my mom bought some, and I wore them with pride. She once bought a swimsuit for me, it was dark blue with red and white anchors printed on it. I refused to wear it. So she bought a bikini, I refused to wear that, as well. In the end I got some swimming briefs for boys and was happy. 

When puberty struck all this came to an end, my parents told me, that I was going to be a woman, and that women didn`t wear boys stuff. 

When I was 15, I secretly bought some male undies, the only problem was washing them, as my mom would have thrown them away, had she known. So I tried washing them in the sink, with some hand soap, and my mom found them placed on a radiator to dry. You can imagine the drama that unfolded upon me. 

After I came out my mom bought me my first male underwear, my first razor and aftershave lotion. 

Yea my mam never knew until recently wen I told her and first thing she did she bought me satin red push up bra and knickers set from George Asda and it’s fits lovely 

24 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

So I tried washing them in the sink, with some hand soap, and my mom found them placed on a radiator to dry. You can imagine the drama that unfolded upon me. 

Hi, Gizmo. Now that's what I call a Happy Ending! 😊 Unlike me, you were caught, but you survived the drama that unfolded. Had my mother said to me, "Why are you wearing a bra?" well, definitely, some drama would have unfolded at our house, but I doubt the outcome would have been my mother buying me some girl's undies. It's funny, isn't it, how very powerful underwear can be when it comes to declaring one's gender identity? Thanks for sharing your story! ––Rianon

• 4 weeks later...

I still don't know what first possessed me to go digging in my older sister's underwear drawer back when I was in elementary school. But I've been hooked on panties ever since trying on a pair of sky blue nylon high-cuts with lace trim.

There was just something mysteriously enchanting about putting an intimate item of femininity on my body – something that reached deep inside of me in ways I still struggle to describe. And still get a rush from 40 years later.

I've always been fond of the satin string bikinis (with the little bows on the corners in the front, and the ruffle trim that make for a very obvious panty line). They were all the rage back in the 1990s and early 2000s. Joe Boxer had tons of different colors and designs (and I tried to buy them all). Then, the fad disappeared - I think only guys were buying this style anyways.

I bought and tossed hundreds of pairs over the years. And to think, now those Joe Boxer panties sell for like $40-50 a piece on eBay. I could put my kids through college with my underwear collection had I hung on to everything, lol! 

I found a similar style on Amazon - the brand name is Satini. Expensive, though. Like $20 a pair. Of course, I have about 20 pairs. 😜

I've worn panties 24/7 for about a year now. I tossed all my guy stuff except for one pair of boxer briefs that are buried somewhere in my closet. I have some "utilitarian" panties for doctors visits and the like, or for when I am outside working in the yard, etc. I can't see ever going back to guy stuff.