• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Curious

JustineM

I’ve been researching different Gods and Goddesses and I was curious. Is there a specific deity you (yourself) call on for Trans-related issues?  Personally I tend to here the call of a couple warrior Goddesses, but I was interested in who other may call on.

• 2 months later...

I personally call upon Lady Nox, as she is of the essential chaos of creation. I also worship Aphrodite as she is the Goddess of beauty and love. But I know that if you are comfortable with the Goddess you call upon then She will be able to help and guide you through the process of which you are in.

• 7 months later...

@JustineM What a great question! I'm so happy you asked this.

The goddess Hecate has always been a favorite of mine to evoke when the current issue is centered in aspects of my transness. She is a liminal deity of the Greek pantheon closely linked to but separate from Persephone and Demeter.

Among many other things, she is known to be the goddess of the crossroads which is a word that is steeped in symbolism and has much meaning to me. Personally the cross roads symbolize opportunity to change course, decision making, taking control of my my own path. In my minds eye I see a giant post at the center of the crossroads with countless signs shaped as arrows pointed in all directions. It is at these moments where I find it wise to call upon the blessings and protections of Hecate.

Here's a few excerpts from the Wikipedia page:

• She is variously associated with crossroads, entrance-ways.
  • Hecate takes on the role of guardian not just of roads, but of all journeys.
  • As a goddess expected to avert harmful or destructive spirits from the house or city over which she stood guard and to protect the individual as she or he passed through dangerous liminal places.

I've never actually thought/felt to evoke a warrior goddess, but now that you've mention it, I think it a wonderful idea. I should probably do some more reading. Thanks for the inspiration <3

• 4 months later...

I'm Norse Pagan who celebrates Wiccan holidays and you might be surprised among that pantheon.

Thor, for as masculine as he's depicted, dressed up as Freya to retrieve his hammer from a giant. Based on grave goods some think Thor may have had cross-dressing priests "wedded" to him.

Odin learned Seidr from Freya, which was a traditionally female form of magic.

Loki is Slipnir's mother and the giantess Tok, who refused to weep for Baldr. 'nuff said.

I also pray to Freya as a goddess of love, beauty and war and Frigg as a motherly, protective goddess. (Freya on new moons and Frigg on full moons.) Frigg and her handmaidens covered nearly all aspects of a Old Norse married woman's life - which included keeping the keys to the lockboxes and household industry making goods for the men to sell while on their trading voyages.

• 7 months later...

Might be a fair bit after the fact, but Etain is literally the Irish Goddess of transformation, she is also sometimes referred to as the Eternal Maiden. She's considered a healing goddess, particularly of the soul, as well as a goddess of passion and beauty. A good place to look to find information about her is to search for "The Wooing of Etain" which is the primary mythological story concerning her.

She's been one of my personal patrons since I was old enough to understand the concept.

• Forum Moderator

I never knew about Etain.  Will have to look her up!

Hugs,

Charlize

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

• Carolyn Marie
    • MaryEllen
    • Evelyn J
    • Jamie68
    • Sometimes Chrissie
    • Astrid
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Atomic
    Newest Member
    Atomic

1. Andi Shay
      Andi Shay
      (51 years old)
    2. ghost
      ghost
      (58 years old)
    3. Julia Marie
      Julia Marie
      (30 years old)
    4. juliasvw
      juliasvw
      (50 years old)
    • Nora
      Indeed; I'm particularly self-conscious here in the Flathead surrounded by full-on "traditional" right-wing cowboy types lol. Ran into a few "bullies" walking the streets at night, (I'm nocturnal lol), but for some baffling reason, whenever I brush my coat back to flash my gun at them, they decide they wanna be friendly all of a sudden and we respectfully head our separate ways. Funny how that works! Hehehe. XD An armed society is a polite society! I'd probably have gotten my ass whooped and murdered ten times over by now if I wasn't armed and dangerous lol. It's like a big ol' flashing neon sign to ne'er-do-wells everywhere: CHOOSE SOMEONE ELSE!  😈 Never understood the push to outlaw guns; if guns were outlawed, then only outlaws would have guns, leaving the rest of us law-abiding folk to be dependent on a prejudiced government for safety and security, and I don't trust them for a second lmao.     ...Whatever could have possibly given you the idea that we live in a civilized world? 😜 Sadly, we don't. We never have, and we never will. Human beings are little different than any other animal. We all eat, sleep, pee, poop, hunt, kill, fight and mark our territories like primal dogs, and when we die, our flesh rots into the Earth the same way as cattle. We aren't nearly as superior as most humans would like to think we are. We aren't special. ...Making the mistake of thinking we are can get you killed by a wolf...the four-legged kind, or the two-legged-kind.  ...ALL the world is a farm; think of it that way LOL. XD So-called-civilized society has always followed the Laws of the Jungle; we've just dressed it up and pretend we won't throw the book out the window just as soon as the chips are down and the primates start throwing their feces everywhere lmao. 🤣 I'll say it again: Human beings are animals lol. NEVER forget that! XD
    • Heather Nicole
      I'm ADD, so my mind just ping-pongs around anywhere and everwhere. 😁   Although sometimes it'll fixate on old experience-based frustratuons of trying and failing to get my point across to someone not willing to listen, or otherwise dealing with difficult people. Or any other frustration I may have.
    • Sometimes Chrissie
      https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/neither-male-nor-female-why-some-nonbinary-people-are-microdosing-n1028766   Your thoughts?
    • Nora
      I read a good chunk of it before deciding to scroll down to so how much further it would go on...then I gave up because I just don't have that kinda time LOL. Thanks for sharing though! Looks like an interesting read; I'll probably get to it in the future at some point.  From what I read though, it seemed to basically be saying the same thing I was saying, but with slightly more smarty-pantsy biologery sounding words thrown into the mix lol. Seems they were saying that the differences in the brain were the result of hormonal, environmental and cultural factors. The relative sizes between a male and female brain seems negligible because I'm pretty sure I heard that the size of a brain doesn't necessarily determine how it functions. Not to mention all the crap that can happen that can radically alter various regions of the brain, particularly trauma and abuse. Some ciswomen have a large amygdala, some ciswomen have a small amygdala. Twenty bucks says that either way...it was their parents fault. 🤣
    • Mmindy
      This is the dream I have for some day.   Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Jandi
      One of my sisters said she would come back as a butterfly.   I have had them land on me when I've been working outside.   It is always something special.   Lovely pix.
    • Mmindy
      That’s a good first day on the road. ❤️   I hope you have a wonderful trip and fine a real connection as a loving couple.   ❤️❤️   Miny🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • miz miranda
      @Shay Harry was a fantastic songwriter        
    • Elizabeth Star
      ❤️❤️
    • Jandi
      I had a rooster once that makes me believe it.
    • miz miranda
      @Shay   @Vidanjali   Kind Wishes and Blessings, good beginnings
    • miz miranda
      In 1912, a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, and wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.   Somali pirates have such a hatred for Western culture, that the British Navy uses music from Britney Spears to scare them off.   Cap’n Crunch’s full name is Captain Horatio Magellan Crunch.   The chicken and the ostrich are the closest living relatives of the Tyrannosaurus rex.
    • Red_Lauren.
      Yea she's nosy. She could probably tell you everything going on in the neighborhood.    Yea my grandma asked why I went through planned parent hood. I told her way to munch gatekeeping, and cost at a regular dr. I told her my labs are like 100 bucks, and she was like I pay around 300 after insurance. 
    • Vidanjali
      Geez, under different circumstances that could have been disastrous. Life is so strange. What a blessing it turned out to be an opportunity to glean that understanding and acceptance from your grandmother. 
    • Vidanjali
      There were two monarch butterfly chrysalises in the garden I'd been keeping an eye on because they were anchored on leafs that were liable to fall before the butterflies hatched. I looked out the window this morning literally just at the moment one of the leaves fell! I ran out to rescue the chrysalis and found the butterfly had hatched just before the leaf fell off and was crawling on the ground. Monarchs need to hang dry for a few hours before they can fly. This sweetie readily crawled onto my finger and let me take him to a bush to hang. The 2nd picture is the other monarch chrysalis I'm still keeping an eye on. It looks like a fancy piece of jewelry to me. The 3rd bonus picture is a cute atala butterfly enjoying some nectar breakfast. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.