• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A True Test Of Your Inner Strength

Sally

The Small World Test  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How Long Did You Last?

• I couldn't even click on the link - high intelligence is indicated
    • 1 minute or less - about average
    • 2 minutes or less - what took you so long to find the stop button?
    • 3 minutes or less - decided nothing is worth this!
    • 4 minutes or less - a pretty good effort
    • 5 minutes or less - hanging in there
    • 6 minutes or less - well above average
    • 7 minutes or less - a good effort, but a broken spirit
    • 8 minutes or less - a mighty struggle
    • 9 minutes or less - quitter!
    • the whole thing - imprisoned or Ironman
    • I listened to both - a glutton for punishment!

This song was mentioned by my soon to be former friend Lizzy (just joking but she did plant this song in my mind after nearly ten years without having heard it) in a topic about what's stuck in your head right now.

The song is the much feared Disney song, "It's a Small World" - which was banned for questioning in Gitmo for the more humane water boarding means of breaking terrorists.

Now for a way to test your resolve - you know whats ahead but how far can you go.

This is for you Lizzy - nearly 10 minutes of it!

And a bonus annoying song with the perfect name! (only about a minute and a half of this one)

Let's see if you are made of the right stuff.

Love ya,

Sally

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Cyndee

I thought... I thought we were friends?!??!

-curls up and rocks back and forth in wide-eyed silence-

-listened to both-

Wow, Eth!

You are amazing!

You are my friend and I do love you.

You had the option to skip this or to bail out, but you were up to the challenge and in a few days will probably be able to carry on a normal conversation.

Love ya,

Sally

Wow, Eth!

You are amazing!

You are my friend and I do love you.

You had the option to skip this or to bail out, but you were up to the challenge and in a few days will probably be able to carry on a normal conversation.

Love ya,

Sally

Maybe conversation, normal carry out I will be able to. Though will unlikely be.

:wacko: -twitches-

Guest AshleeB

well i managed 4 minutes on the first one and the second one i could listen to for hours. probably because i have. when i used to be in day care way back in the early 90's the carer tended to put that song on alot. :) brings back many memories

Lots of love

Ashlee :wub:

Maybe conversation, normal carry out I will be able to. Though will unlikely be.

In the words of Yoda, "Soon bettter, stronger and wiser testing from you will be, Yes."

That twich will go away in a few days! ;)

Love ya,

Sally

well i managed 4 minutes on the first one and the second one i could listen to for hours. probably because i have. when i used to be in day care way back in the early 90's the carer tended to put that song on alot. :) brings back many memories

Lots of love

Ashlee :wub:

I'm glad that I brought back a fond memory - Sheri Lewis was a great entertainer and I loved her from a very early age when Lamb Chop was very new - I will miss her but thanks to that TV series a lot of her work will live on.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Neuro

AW MAN, I CAN DO IT! AND I CAN DANCE TO IT TOO. I DON'T HATE THAT SONG AT ALLLLLLL. IT MAKES ME THINK I'M A LITTLE GERMAN BOY IN SUSPENDERS AND A FEATHER HAT, THROWING ROCKS AT MICKEY OR SOMETHING. Good times.

I think the only song that could break me would be Buono's "Kokoro no Tamago" or um... almost anything by Hello!Project on repeat for too long >A<

hahahhhaha

the first 1 i was playing on my clairnet not to long ago!!!

but after like 30seconds gets on your nerves

and the second song hahahaha made me laugh then 1 minute in i got my shot gun out and shot my laptop 12 times

Guest Drew

ack! the second one brought back memories of lamb chop... *shudders* flash backs to my childhood..... i wonder if those sock ever got washed (the puppets, i mean)

...Sally, you clearly have an evil streak.

Guest Evan_J

ROFL

Oh Eth, you are new aren't you?

**flamboozles the lovely Sally with a bunch of wild flowers tied in a bow.

For you, the spring colors made me think of your gentle ways.

<---bailed on clicking the links but knows what to say :P

I have to admit that the ride was nice, the 'children of all nations' are cute and everyone and everything is smiling but I just can't take one song for the whole ride and the line outside and down the sidewalk - bit I liked the peaceful little boat ride.

April the next time you go to Disneyland, ride the Small World and enjoy it, just knowing that you like it takes the sting out of the repetition.

I probably would have enjoyed t more if I hadn't been hearing the song for well over 45 minutes before getting on.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest April63
I probably would have enjoyed t more if I hadn't been hearing the song for well over 45 minutes before getting on.

Love ya,

Sally

Disneyland is the definition of long lines :) But that line actually goes pretty fast, so you must have been there on a really crowded day.

Disneyland is the definition of long lines :) But that line actually goes pretty fast, so you must have been there on a really crowded day.

Every tented line was crowded in that storm!

I was in Disney World in Florida and they have rain like here really hard for a short burst!

I don't know if I ever mentioned this but I went to Disneyland in 1956 - the second summer that it was open I believe so things out there have changed quite a bit I suppose - there was no Small World ride, but there was a rocket ship in Future land and you sat in seats that vibrated and looked up to a circular screen forward and down to one looking aft. It was fun and then we were introduced to the pricing of the future - $.90 cents for a hamburger!

They were $.15 across the street at McDonald's (the first one of those I had ever seen) no dinning room just a walk up window with burgers, cheeseburgers fries and drinks - what a menu!

Only $.50 in any café or Big Boy Restaurants.

I am old! :(

But enjoy all of the rides they are designed for the young and the young at heart.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Alyssa Leigh

The first song looks like and sounds like something you would find in a bad acid trip. The second song was not to bad because I watched that show when I was younger.

Guest Leigh

lol...it's funny, i had this song in my head right before i came onto the site this morning, and then there it was.........

oh, it's so creepy.

peace&love

Leigh

Guest ~Brenda~

Oh Sally!!

You do have a sardonic side to you don't you. The first song, I gave 10.9us if listening time. The second... 0.78 nanoseconds

Love

bernii

Guest 1charlotte1

Ima do it again! Weeeee my mind was lost at sea when I heard my love left me, la di da di da!!

Ummm I apologize foe that completely stupid post right above this apology, Charlotte

Guest Nikk

You people don't know the definition of pain. Listen to the mudkips for about ten minutes. If you aren't batcrap insane by the end then you have no brain or soul. Here, I'll even link you to it:

It's a Small World's got NOTHING on that.

Guest Pól_Eire
You people don't know the definition of pain. Listen to the mudkips for about ten minutes. If you aren't batcrap insane by the end then you have no brain or soul. Here, I'll even link you to it:

I made it through 36 seconds of that....O.o

It was cute till the fourth minute.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't get why the first one is really bad. I actually enjoyed all the almost ten minutes of it. The second one I purposely sing to annoy people sometimes. SomI could listen to the whole thing. Specially since the woman's reactions was funny.

The mudkip thing, I listened to the whole thing but my mom told me to listen to it with my headphones on after two minutes.

This is not a very good sign for my sanity is it?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 97 Guests (See full list)

• dianeT68