• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

OK I need opinions! Blond or Brown?

ShawnaLeigh

Well not opinions of me in a blond or brown wig because I do not have both, but more so, what do you folks like and have you worn both?

Also. 

Do blonds have more fun? 

I am having to order a new wig today and was considering a blond to darker blond for me.  Not sure though as I have always been a brunette.  This current wig is very highlighted with blond but still very brown looking and I love it.  With all this crap going on I can not take advantage of the free wig my therapist is buying for me through his new program.  (So awesome!)  Sadly It could be months before that happens so I need a replacement.  My current wig is getting just to frizzy and worn out and even having it cut would not make me happy not that it could be currently with the virus having everything shut down. I like the length as is anyways.   However It is sold out every where!  I'm looking for another cheap one to get me threw the apocalypse.  LOL

Sort of serious question though.

Those who have or wear multiple colors what seems to get you more attention? 

I'm not looking to up the attention from men but I admit I am attracted to blonds and red heads too.  I do love attention, who doesn't,  but I am not wanting to invite more at this time.  Its getting to be a bit much for me to deal with and is very distracting work-wise.  I know folks are just trying to nice in general but I am looking forward to Shawna not being the "shiny new toy" everyone is talking about or talking to me about.  

I guess it could be worse so I will quite bitching.  LOL

2 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

I'm not looking to up the attention from men but I admit I am attracted to blonds and red heads too.  I do love attention, who doesn't,  but I am not wanting to invite more at this time.

Male attention? Welcome to womanhood ?

cant help you Shawna. I have my own but im sure someone will be along who can.

Personally i think its more what suits your complextion.

I was blonde once. It never suited me so since then ive always been a dark to dark red.

Its a shame you cant try before you buy. I imagine it must be hard to pick a wig without actually trying it on?

Opinion only. Something that suits your natural hair color or complexion is going to work best. Otherwise it will stand out like a sore thumb, inviting "carpet match the drapes" comments.

TA

• Forum Moderator

Meh, I know exactly one blonde I've been attracted to. Old friend, I've known her since the early 80's and she used to support herself as an underwear model. Platinum blonde worked on her. Otherwise, all the shades just sort of make me shrug.

Brunettes and red-heads are where the party is at. Your complexion is... well, EVERYBODY'S complexion is... darker than mine. I personally gravitate towards auburn colors which is natural for me. I did have fun playing around with different styles at the wig store though. Great fun. Probably off-limits now though. I haven't checked to see if they're still open.

ANYWAY, with the reds in your skin-tone (you have a much ruddier complexion than I do, obviously), brunettes would probably compliment you better. I'm half afraid too much red would draw that out. I'm afraid I can't quite tell what color your eyes are from your profile pic. I'm going to guess some flavor of brown (because hey, most common) and say you should go for something in black, medium brown or golden brown. Probably medium to golden brown.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I'm afraid I can't quite tell what color your eyes are from your profile pic. I'm going to guess some flavor of brown (because hey, most common) and say you should go for something in black, medium brown or golden brown. Probably medium to golden brown.

My eyes are hard to pin down. Dark brown as a kid.  Now a medium green with gold flecks in them. Really weird but lots of people who have seen them close say they are very unique and pretty.  mostly when they are not all blood shot from stating up to late.  Lol

I like them but always wished for that bright ocean blue.  Omg I die for blue eyes and a pretty face.  

Personally I would stay a brunette if I was you, but I haven’t paid much attention to hair colors until now and I still have a lot to learn. I bought my wig from Paula young online it’s a honey brown and I really like it.

• Forum Moderator

I think the word you're looking for is hazel. I briefly dated a girl with eyes like that in high school. Mine are hazel also, but they're more blue-gray.

So yeah, warm colors. If you want to go blonde, it should have brown tones in it. The darker to lighter brown fade-to-blonde look might work. A warmer light or fading into golden brown would work too.

Ugh, you are so missing out on the whole "try on every wig in the shop" experience. Frustrating.

Hugs!

Ugh, you are so missing out on the whole "try on every wig in the shop" experience. Frustrating

Tell me about it. I so can’t wait. 

think the word you're looking for is hazel

No I am way favoring the brown spectrum still. More of an olive green not bright or blue side at all. 

First off I'm doing my pin in a bind wigs online I bought two and a paid extra for the more dense or full of wig. I think I paid like $43 including shipping. Try them both on one was a blondish color and one was a brown I didn't like the way they look or felt. I'm better off going to the local beauty supply shop the girls are no mean they know I crossdress. You have to go there with some makeup on eye makeup some lipstick little blush and foundation and try a couple on. I'm really favoring the honey Brown blunt cut.. hopefully you need to spend an hour trying on different wigs to know for sure. You're a good-looking woman you'll figure it out..