• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

IPL as an option during quarantine?

RobynNYC

On 3/7/2021 at 12:53 PM, KayC said:

Update from my previous post -

@Rania (Welcome!!) I've had an IPL for about 4 months.  I started with once a week (mostly on legs, pubic, and stomach).  The manual said to use it once a week for 10 - 12 weeks.  It worked so well I stopped/cut back for a while after 6 weeks, but then noticed hair growth was less in volume but coming back. (so I think the 10-12 weekly sessions recommendation was accurate)

Since then I have just concentrated on areas that seem to be harder to control.  Pubic area is definitely one, and for some reason around my knees (even though my thighs and calves are close to hairless now).  I also started on my arms 4 weeks ago and have seemed to get moderate results so far.

Be sure you have some decent eye protection.  Buy laser approved dark glasses (but don't count on those alone).  I look away, close my eyes and use a towel if I can to help cover the areas around my glasses that let the light in. 

Thank you for your kind advice , Should I do waxing before IPL or shaving is enough especially at areas like the face where the hair does not fully disappear by shaving