• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Got Latchhook?

Abi

I don't know if anyone else does this type of rug hooking but, I am really happy to share this wonderful piece that I just accomplished. I started working on this to try and balance myself during the aftermath of a heartbreaking divorce. Here I am, many month's later, able to show off something good that has come from such a painful time. I feel just as lost and scared as I ever did, which really is very hard to cope with, to be honest. I have my wonderful mother to thank for teaching me this art. I look up to her more than she may ever know. I could easily have spiraled out of control. Instead I have been channeling my feelings into this project.I plan to frame it and give it to my parents. This took about 80 hours and was 8400 yarn pieces. Thanks for having a look.

Cornucopia-Edited.jpg

This is a Cornucopia. It is often associated with Thanksgiving or fall harvest in the US. If only all the different people could come together as well. What a beautiful union of diversity and community we would have. 

If anyone has one to share, please do. I would love that. ❤️ 

That's a wonderful chef- d'oeuvre dear Abi. Indeed, it needs to be framed and enjoyed at all angles.

24 minutes ago, Dinaki said:

That's a wonderful chef- d'oeuvre dear Abi. Indeed, it needs to be framed and enjoyed at all angles.

Thanks. I am trying to find a good framer now.

• Forum Moderator

A beautiful Horn of Plenty rug.  You are talented and obviously patient to be able to accomplish this.  Take that knowledge with you as you move forward in life.  I'm sure your parents will enjoy it.  

Cheers, Jani

1 hour ago, Jani said:

A beautiful Horn of Plenty rug.  You are talented and obviously patient to be able to accomplish this.  Take that knowledge with you as you move forward in life.  I'm sure your parents will enjoy it.  

Cheers, Jani

Thank You very much! It is difficult when you get multiple colors really close and they are not marked in the package. I am very happy with how well it turned out and have an appointment to see frame choices tomorrow. I am already working on the next one too. ~Abi~

• 5 weeks later...

So I finally have seen the final results of my efforts. I am really happy with how well it turned out. Here it is just before shipping it to my parents.

Cornucopia-Finished-Edited.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Beautiful!  I like that you have framed it so it can be displayed.  I'm sure they will enjoy it and think of you when they see it. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there amazing  you have a real talent there  loves to see more of your work  

11 hours ago, Alex-John said:

there amazing  you have a real talent there  loves to see more of your work  

I really appreciate that Alex. I am almost done with one that I will be posting in the next couple weeks probably. The one I'm starting after that is really large and may take quite a while to complete. I don't do much other than keeping busy with these. It's my meditation of sorts.😊

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Abi said:

So, here is my latest. Simba and Nala from Lion King.

This one is soooo cute! @Abi You are extremely talented. Thank you for sharing these beautiful peace’s of art.

Susan R🌷

Thanks @Susan R and @Jani. I hate to say it but there is no real talent to these other than patience and persistence. I have some days that I look at the project I'm on and wonder why I even like these things. I fear that eventually I will just have piles of these things laying around and no real use for them. I really like the overall finished product. I just wonder how I will ever justify my reasons for making them, if I don't find people to take them. I would sell them but that seems like more work than it's worth. Anyway, it will be a while before I have another one to share. My next project is the biggest I've done yet and has almost 40 colors.

• Forum Moderator

Don't shortchange yourself.  Patience and persistence are certainly talents!   Not everyone possesses them!  I suppose we work on a hobby for what it gives us.  You could always sew two together and stuff with poly-fill to make pillows. Or just get some damask to leave the reverse side blank.  Make a few and donate them to a nursing home.  I'm sure they would be enjoyed.  

Keep working at them!  

• Root Admin

My father made rugs in a similar fashion, I still have a few dotted around the house.

I even made one as best I can remember, a tiger pouncing, on a red background. Don't know if I've still got it even though there are only five rooms it might still be in.

On 12/11/2020 at 2:01 PM, Petra Jane said:

My father made rugs in a similar fashion, I still have a few dotted around the house.

I even made one as best I can remember, a tiger pouncing, on a red background. Don't know if I've still got it even though there are only five rooms it might still be in.

For me, it was my mother. She made me this beautiful wolf many years ago.

Mom-s-wolf.jpg

If you ever find time, I would love to see pictures. It is not as common of an art now that the age of graphic design and digital art have begun. I could never keep my hand steady enough to paint but the yarn is fairly forgiving. If only I had an endless supply of latch hook kits and coffee. 😊

This one is by far my favorite. Love the blend of colors. Feel the same way with felting, give me felting needles, raw wool and fresh Joe or EarlGreyCoffeeTea. Quiet meditation and well spent patience. 🤗 Great work.

Thank you very much. I was never allowed to hang the wolf when I was married. The ex was cold as ice but, when I got away and had my walls repainted, I immediately hung it up. I love it and everything my mother did for me over the years. I always looked up to my mother and she always has done her best to accept me for who I am. I wish I had been much more open with her when I was young but, the times were tough for anyone that didn't fit neatly in their assigned box. Progress. Gotta love that! Where's your felting thread? You should show some of the pieces that you enjoyed making.

1 hour ago, Abi said:

Thank you very much. I was never allowed to hang the wolf when I was married. The ex was cold as ice but, when I got away and had my walls repainted, I immediately hung it up. I love it and everything my mother did for me over the years. I always looked up to my mother and she always has done her best to accept me for who I am. I wish I had been much more open with her when I was young but, the times were tough for anyone that didn't fit neatly in their assigned box. Progress. Gotta love that! Where's your felting thread? You should show some of the pieces that you enjoyed making.

😅 Honestly, I'm terrible at photo documenting my stuff, but did post some work, it's just a bit down the line in the thread. Plus I made many as gifts and gave them away before remembering I didn't take a photo.😩Oy...me, when will I learn.

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • AAClark78654
    • Susan R
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Kasumi63
    • Irvana
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

AAClark78654
    Newest Member
    AAClark78654

1. Annabelle
      Annabelle
      (60 years old)
    2. Sarah Isosys
      Sarah Isosys
    • Susan R
      Hello @IseulK, This statement is a bit of a concern. I can certainly understand how important getting the surgery is to your wellbeing. But it in itself shouldn’t be the glue that is holding you all together. Life has a way of introducing mayhem when we least expect. You need a way to be able to cope with these difficulties without the prospect of losing all the gains you previously made.   You mentioned having been in recovery for these eating disorders. Have you by chance seen a therapist specializing in eating disorders, gender issues or perhaps both? If not, you might look into this as an option. I do hope you are able to get this upcoming surgery completed and these potential issues will not impact your life. I would just try to be as prepared as you can if things don’t go quite as you had hoped and planned. I wish you the best.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • IseulK
      Good evening everyone,   I am in a bit of a spot.  I had engaged with bulimia and later anorexia over a year ago, very deeply.  As I became more underweight, my gender dysphoria eased up some.  Not like I could enjoy it of course.  I was very excited when my family scheduled a date for top surgery.  However, my family has since then discovered my eating disorder.  I have been in recovery for two months and am now a healthy weight.  My thoughts around food and my body have significantly improved but my mom is still concerned about the surgery.  I still want to lose weight, but the surgery is more important to me.  I can't explain that to her.  I can't explain gender dysphoria.  She says that I just need to learn to love myself.  As I am.  As you all know, for some trans folks, that just isn't quite possible. If the surgery is cancelled, I know I'll relapse.  There would be no other way I could cope.  I have already tasted what it's like to have body that fits.  I can't explain all that.  I can, however, try to explain the benefits of a surgery.  Have any of you had any experiences regarding surgery and eating disorders?  Any comments would be most helpful.   Thank you!
    • Susan R
      Welcome @Harlyqynn. It’s nice to have you with us. Most of us here have asked ourselves one or more of these questions of identity and/or sexual orientation since puberty and even earlier. It can take years to finally trust your own diagnosis enough to actively do anything about it. This describes me all too well.   I had two labels to work with (TS or TV) early in my youth (35 years ago). There just weren’t many back then so the labels didn’t do well to describe those within our community at all.  Even though labels have changed and many have been added over the years...it takes time to process and understand just who we are as individuals.   Labels aren’t as important to me as they once were but it does give me a sense that there are others out there like myself and that’s comforting. It may even help us to accept ourselves knowing that our identity is real and valid. If you were like me growing up, you may have thought you were alone in your identity especially without that label describing youself. Understanding that this isn’t the case any longer, helps us bridge that gap between knowing we are different from most but similar to some others out there.   You’ve come to a safe place to talk and share with others about these kind of topics and many of your upcoming adventures. I hope to read more about what you and your journey as you march forward on your path. I wish you the very best. Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷  
    • HollyNoel
      Thank you @Shay and @Willow Farmer.   I've been looking at groupons for electrologists, nothing even close. So Chicago it is. lol Oh well! It's been a while since I've been to Chicago. I want ti get my face cleared, I hate shaving.
    • Red_Lauren.
      Me too. Even though I can't make them look super girly now. Hopefully by the Christmas holidays I will be able to. I was planning on transitioning about this time next year, but that was also because I didn't plan on going to nail school till at least the fall this year, or March next year. That has been bumped up. As ill be done with school by the end of November.    If I finish school on time, and everything works out right. I'll be celebrating with my friends. I was going to do it in July for my birthday, but my birthday is in the middle of the week, and it feels weird celebrating a birthday days before or after, and December will have more meaning for many reasons. Hopefully I'll be doing nails for a living, I'll be living full time by then, and In December marks one year of hormones. So many more reasons to celebrate. 
    • Confused1
      Sorry Willow, It was all over the place for me for awhile as well. Praying it improves!   Hugs, Mike
    • Confused1
      Have not experienced HRT, but I am on ADT for prostate cancer. I have heard many prostate cancer survivors complain about it, but when the T was gone, I realized I never want it flowing in my veins again! Looking forward to having E in a few months! I am feminizing without added estrogen and will be getting surgery in a little over a month.   Mike
    • Astrid
      That would of course be a positive step.  Is it also a possibility to locate an experienced gender therapist (for example, before, during, after, or in place of your family counseling sessions)?  My spouse and I made it a point to jointly attend sessions with our gender therapist, and it was very helpful for both of us to learn from her long experience of working with couples working through gender issues.  It wasn't just about my spouse becoming better informed from an expert about gender concepts -- it also allowed me to better understand the dynamics of what my cisgender spouse was/is dealing with.  Family counselors often don't have direct experience with gender issues, which is why I'm mentioning this.   Astrid
    • Astrid
      Well said, @ValerieRun I remember having the exact same thoughts after getting underway with HRT.  Now I'm in my 16th month and still feel it's absolutely the right decision.  There's no way I would want to go back to how I felt before (there's nothing fun about being depressed and angry).     Astrid
    • KymmieL
      Well had a knock down drag out again. With my son. My wife finally talked to someone a little more liberal than her Christian friend.  Still had a go. I actually left work.  The wife is talking family  counseling.  I am all for it. And told her so.   I am back at work now.  Doing as well as can be expected.    I will post some more later.   Kymmie 
    • ElizabethStar
      if it's any consultation my wife has forbidden me to change in front her. I have a feeling she will never bend on that.
    • ValerieRun
      A few weeks into HRT and I just knew what I experienced and felt was a much MUCH better outcome than alternative. There is absolutely no way I would want or even consider going back of my own free will. Whatever future holds it will be another journey forward 🙂
    • AwesomeClaire
      Although I have an MSW and was once an LGSW on track for LICSW, I abandoned that path. I still work at the same agency, just in a different role. I was placed at a community mental health clinic for my internship and they hired me after.
    • Drayse
    • Willow
      @ElizabethStar @KymmieL @Lexa83   Liz I think that is great the progress made at your wife’s birthday.  I thought my wife and I were moving in that direction too.  Signs and conversations were seeming to go in that direction.  Then this weekend hit.  First, she got upset because I changed for bed in front of her.  Then Saturday more SHTF.  I’ll never be ok, I’ve told you that!  I can’t look at you anymore.  And more.  This continued Sunday when I told her I wasn’t going to church.  We talked a lot on Sunday and today.  Things are better but this was my worst weekend in a long time.  Depression. Crying, fighting...  the whole gambit.   She did apologize.  I said it would be better for me if she didn’t suggest she was doing better about me and then explode.  She said sometimes she thought it be easier if I was full time but I pointed out I wasn’t because she didn’t want me out full time.   very difficult time.   Willow
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.