• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Coming out Journey

Robin.C

Now the fun stuff.

You may have heard how our lovely happy clappy Prime Minister has made Trans-athletes a punching bag for our Federal election this year.

I swear this man, his party and the Christian lobby want to bring back the 1950s White Australia Policy 🤬

However ... I had a wonderful message from a cycling friend, whom is very well respected and head of many things cycling here. She wanted me to know her and the other women in the club have no problems with me coming back to the club and being me. (I purposely took myself away from the club due to my transitioning and didn't feel I was strong enough to cope with any negative reactions or those I perceived as negative).

It appears they were more worried they had done something wrong to lose and member and volunteer, I feel bad that I couldn't let them know my reasons back then.

Anyhow my coming out continues ... stay tuned for the next crazy stuff .... LOL

Hugs

Robyn

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robin.C

• Ivy

• Charlize

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Not far way! Other side of the Great Divide called the Tasman Sea. Scott is the most...trying to find an adjective! I'll just say Retro Leader(?!) outside of the US Republican party! Trans Tasman politics, Trans Politics. We're an easy target for bigots, Anywhere, Anytime! We are greatly blessed by here by having a leader who actually CARES about people, not the Donors, Oil Companies etc, that support their egos. Just finished a shift doing Covid support work. 830pm here. Take care of yourself & those you love. I will watch the results of your upcoming election. The Lands Downunder remain relatively sane. Macron won in France, so perhaps there is still some hope for the rest of the world. Ka Kite. P

• Petra Jane changed the title to Coming out Journey
  • Root Admin
5 hours ago, Robin.C said:

Firstly is it possible to change the name of this Post to "Coming out journey " ?

‘Tis done.

• Forum Moderator

Glad your club has welcomed you back even though your PM has caught the nasty hate bug.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Good morning from central Indiana Robyn,

I'm glad things are working out for you.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning, though it is closer to mid-morning than actual morning. Yep I slept in 😁

Yesterday was an amazing though tiring day. Working as a polling official as authentic me. Which was both terrifying and so rewarding.

Not misgendered once. A couple of people came in who know me and were wonderful.

Now the even better news for anyone following Australia politics and the incumbent lot who made trans people a punching bag for their phobia, they lost and got hammered, some even lost their seats .... 😅🤣😂

Is there such thing as trans-euphoria, when you have spent an absolutely wonderful day being yourself and people accepting you ? Is there a name for it ? I feel there should be :D

So today is rest day, that's Sunday in the hills. With a beautiful clear Autumn day. The air is so clear and that silly healthy smell .. hee hee.

Hugs

Robyn

• Forum Moderator

Some folks were talking about the Aussie election last night.  It sounds like the bad guys were trounced.  And the French president said it best: "Good riddance!"

And even better news that you got to spend the day in public as yourself, @Robin.C, and being accepted.  Yay!

• Forum Moderator

What great news.  Just keep hanging on down there.  There should be a word for that joy that pushes dysphoria away.

Hugs,

Charlize

Just a random for anyone interested. 

Today probably marks a milestone in my transition. I'll probably forget as it was fairly ordinary day.

Wasn't able to make a trip up north to see some friends as 3 hours driving in rain and unknown conditions meant staying at home. Well nearly.

Ended up going out in a rush to catchup with my mum, my sister and brother-in-law for lunch and pickup a purchase off our version of Craigslist. 

Why is this a milestone  ?

No makeup, no real effort or look girly/womany. Only person to misgender me was my brother-in-law. Go figure, politely corrected and no further problems.

It really does boost the confidence going out and being gendered correctly. 

So now home with our purchase and some random Op-shop stuff ... lol

Sleep well, be kind and stay safe.

Hugs

Robyn

• 2 weeks later...

Here we are again.

I have gathered all the documentation to take to the Justice of The Peace to get certified  and send to the relevant government department so I can get my named changed legally.

The most enjoyable part was the ID photo, apart from walking over the the photo place in trendy girl outfit. Boots, black top, jeans, cardi and coat. It was threatening to rain. I was so warm and happy.

The ID photo  looks wonderful. I can definitely see the HRT working in my face shape.

Anyhow ..

Hugs

Robyn

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum Moderator

Oh Robin this is such a nice post to read!!  Congratulations!  I know you looked great in your photo.  

Hugs, Jani

Have I reached a point in transition that should be put in my dairy ?

Yesterday I went to work. By bus and didn't have enough time to do my makeup.

NO MAKEUP !!

Did I care ? Just a little.

Did I worry all day about it ?

NO.

I just got on with my day at work. And no-one misgendered me.

When I got home was I happy ?

Absolutely.

My guess is once you reach a certain point in transition you just fade it into the background like most women in the workplace. A bit sad, and joyous at the same time.

I even went to the supermarket this morning with no makeup as a personal test. Plus we needed milk for breakfast. I know my bad. Still gendered correctly. The reflection in the shop window was a frazzled mom whose spawn were screaming for milk... LOL

Have a lovely day.

Hugs

Robyn

• Forum Moderator
13 minutes ago, Robin.C said:

Have I reached a point in transition that should be put in my dairy ?

There are all kinds of milestones that are worth commemorating.  That sounds like a good one!

I haven't worn makeup for two and a half years, since covid began and we started wearing masks.  No one notices or cares.

26 minutes ago, KathyLauren said:

I haven't worn makeup for two and a half years, since covid began and we started wearing masks.  No one notices or cares.

Oh yes masks are wonderful when the shaving rash is like bright sunburn .. or you forget one morning.

So wish I could find an electrologist closer than another state.

Hugs

Robyn

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations on reaching the simple ,pleasant boredom to being yourself.  "Ahhh it's just me".  Now this gal can get on with life.

Hugs,

Charlize

12 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

I haven't worn makeup for two and a half years,

I never wear it.  I let my daughter put some on me once.  I didn't like it.  

I don't notice many older cis women wearing it anyway.

And all documentation for change of name submitted.

My mum isn't happy with it, though.

Once I explained I'm not doing my birth certificate just my legal name she wasn't so fussed.

Maybe I might leave the birth cert until after she has passed ... if at all. She's a damned healthy old girl :D

Hugs

Robyn

• 1 month later...

Dealing with Government Departments is so soul destroying.

The last two days has been questioning whether I want to both changing my name legally.

It's like each step there is a brick wall.

The best has been you didn't send the whole document - including the BLANK pages !!

The ones you did send that had only a page number on WEREN'T certified by a Justice of the Peace .. seriously -what the heck- !!

In the last 8 hours I've been close to throwing the printer out the window, wanting to call the department up and abuse anyone who answered, screaming at my phone because .... i couldn't get the required emails a documents to be accessible on my phone.

In this day an age you have to keep ALL your emails even if you download the bill attachment because the email with it attached is the proof the JP needs to see that it is a genuine copy of the email attachment !!

I am so over this shite , so fed up.

My apologies I just needed to vent, and scream the screen.

Tomorrow I go to the JP to see what other torture is in store. And wait until I try to upload 40 pages through their link. How often do government links work properly ?

Sorry for my sadness

Robyn

6 hours ago, Robin.C said:

Dealing with Government Departments is so soul destroying.

The last two days has been questioning whether I want to both changing my name legally.

I'm looking into this here in NC.

I'm hoping it won't be as bad here as it seems to be down there.

I don't do well with government stuff.

• Forum Moderator

Sorry to hear that the bureaucracy is such a hassle.  There is no reason why it needs to be.  A well-run bureaucracy could streamline the process.

When I did my name change, I filled in the form, went to the local cop shop for fingerprints, paid my fee, and it was done.  My name change certificate came in the mail a month or two later.  I went to the local government access office for an updated driver's license (The name was Kathleen, but it still said M under sex.  *sigh*).  Easy-peasy.

Changing my gender was a bit more complicated.  They hadn't anticipated my situation (foreign birth certificate) and there was no provision for me to change my gender.  After some lobbying that took a couple of years, they created a process.  I filled in the forms, and it was done.

Having been in the military, I am used to bureaucracy that works smoothly.   (Say what you want about them, but the military does bureaucracy well.)  Our provincial government seems to do it pretty well.  So it boggles my mind that so many people have such daunting processes to contend with.

*Hugs*

Thank you for letting me vent.

As a person who has worked for state government I should know how tedious and slow the machinery of government departments works. 

Though having been part of teams creating processes and teaching people how to operate some fairly complicated processes it irritates me greatly when forms are not concise and accurate. Grey areas should never exist on forms for such things, it should always be clear for obvious reasons.

Sigh.

I'm still going through the process of copying documents and getting the copies certified.

I will get it done.

If I want some peace and a feeling of completeness I need to get it done.

I can survive without it and would if I had no other choice  however my choice is to make it happen sooner or later.

Again thank you for everyone's understanding. 

Hugs 

Robyn

I went to the courthouse yesterday and they told me I needed a lawyer - which I know is not true.  Well, time to try something else.

8 hours ago, Jandi said:

I went to the courthouse yesterday and they told me I needed a lawyer - which I know is not true.  Well, time to try something else.

Say what !!??

Hope you sort them out :)

Hugs

Robyn