• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The rowboat from England arrived!

KathyLauren

• Forum Moderator

I just received in the mail a letter about my birth certificate.  The Registrar General has received my Gender Recognition Certificate (which is more than I have!) and is giving me information on applying for my new birth certificate.  The letter was mailed May 21st!! 

I assume that, with the shortage of transatlantic flights due to covid-19, they sent it over on a rowboat.  So maybe the rowboat with my Gender Recognition Certificate, which was allegedly mailed on May 13th, is nearing port, too.

Anyway, it's good news.  Things have been happening overseas.  I didn't really care about the GRC.  It was merely a step I had to take before getting my new birth certificate.  That process can get under way now.  I actually have a sample in my possession of a birth certificate with my proper name and proper gender on it!  It has "SAMPLE" stencilled across it, but it looks good!

• Forum Moderator

Wow that was slow, yet excellent news Kathy after all and having that piece of paper with the correct info on it, is such a wonderful feeling. Hopefully the "official" copy is not far behind.

Hugs

Cyndee

• Forum Moderator

I have a magazine subscription from somewhere in Great Britain. A while back they sent me a card that said, "Because of COVID, our overseas mail is bollocks. Please bear with us." Then there was a link to their online copy, free of charge for the inconvenience. The point being that yeah, shipping overseas is a mess right now.

Even so, congratulations! I hope to get the last bit of paperwork I need to start changing my birth certificate in a couple of weeks.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Kathy on the news about your certificate.  That is terribly slow service though. Yikes!  I recently sent a card to a friend in Israel and it took about 5 days.  

• Admin

That's great news, Kathy.  A rowboat is certainly better than no boat, right?  Congrats!

49 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

A while back they sent me a card that said, "Because of COVID, our overseas mail is bollocks. Please bear with us."

I love the English that the British speak.  I never get tired of reading or listening to it.  I, too, am waiting on a magazine from the U.K.  It's probably on the same row boat.

Carolyn Marie

Congratulations, Kathy!  It's awesome to receive confirmation of progress.

Had too Google "bollocks" @Jackie C..  Hmmmm... love that word! (specially definition #1 in Oxfords Dictionary).  Might have to find a way to insert that into my sentences ?

• Forum Moderator

It can be pretty bad everywhere. I am waiting for some parts from Russia which appear to have been waiting for transport for a couple of weeks. The internal post appears to be  good there. It is international.

I should point out though, that in the lockdown, government departments have been working a very much reduced service. I think I have seen that some are effectively providing emergency service only so clerical things may be slow. Passports are aother issue!

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

We waited 8 weeks for two nighties to come from China.  I think they rowed around the Horn and must have encountered a storm.

I do enjoy the language of the  British Isles.  It is one of the few close enough to proper East Coast english that i rarely need sub titles. :D

Hugs,

Charlize

@KayC Although it is a word for the male anatomy - if you do try to fit it in, the word is a synonym for rubbish and should be used in phrases such as "Why do politicians always talk such utter bollocks?". Unless you are trying to say that something is absolutely fantastic in which case, for some unknown reason it can be described as, "the dog's bllocks". Either way it is not for pleasant company though, it isn't a swear word as such, but it is considered a crass term to use.

Delivery times are atrocious right now, but services are slowly starting up again and getting better. @KathyLauren I'm sure it will all be sorted soon!

52 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

Either way it is not for pleasant company though, it isn't a swear word as such, but it is considered a crass term to use.

Thank you, DeeDee❣️  I was just trying to be funny ? I realized from the definition I would probably best not try to use it myself .. but I did think it was an interesting term/slang. 

I hope that the shipping is quicker in the other direction, as I have just ordered a part for my Chevy from Miami, Florida.  Not that there is any rush, as there are no car shows to go to at the moment.

Robin.

• Forum Moderator
22 minutes ago, Robin said:

Not that there is any rush, as there are no car shows to go to at the moment.

:(  I trust they will return soon! 

Hi Jani,

Everyone is keeping their fingers crossed, that social events will return to normal in the not too distant future.  At the moment, gatherings are extremely limited, unless there are sufficient numbers to prevent the police from doing anything about it.

Robin.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Robin said:

I hope that the shipping is quicker in the other direction

Me too.  My next step is to return the form the sent me, with payment, telling them how many copies of my birth certificate I want.  Let's hope it's not the same rowboat going the other way!

• Forum Moderator

Wonder of wonders, the second rowboat from England docked today.  I now have my official Gender Recognition Certificate.  It only took 84 days! ?  Onward with the Brits and my birth certificate...

And somewhere between here and Ottawa is a snail with covid, carrying my application to update my citizenship records.  Which, if it ever goes through, will allow me to get a proper passport.  So I can go to all the places I can't go to because of travel restrictions.

It's a good thing I have a sense of humour about this stuff, because I'd have to cry if I didn't.

• Forum Moderator
26 minutes ago, KathyLauren said:

So I can go to all the places I can't go to because of travel restrictions.

It's a good thing I have a sense of humour about this stuff, because I'd have to cry if I didn't.

Oh Yes!  The places we will go!   Having a sense of humor is the only way to deal with this.  Otherwise we'd go insane!!

Jani

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 106 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • Shorelinesex
    • Avra
    • Jamey-Heather
    • Ashley0616
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Petra Jane
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Quillian
    Newest Member
    Quillian

1. 777fleetleader777
      777fleetleader777
      (21 years old)
    2. ArinHallm3
      ArinHallm3
      (18 years old)
    3. ITakMyTime
      ITakMyTime
      (70 years old)
    4. Jess31
      Jess31
      (40 years old)
    5. Natalie71645
      Natalie71645
      (39 years old)
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      Good listener, respect them, and show sympathy/empathy, even just being there
    • Ashley0616
      Getting dog today he's potty trained
    • Sally Stone
      Think positively, Ashley.  I have no doubt you'll find your king or queen at some point.   Hugs,   Sally
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Bob had the night off from teaching kara-tay and they planned to spend a lot of it at Cabaret.   Once in, Taylor waited for her man to park and looked around.  There was a sign "Mary, Paul and Peter LIVE tonight" and, sure enough, three microphones were standing in the open area.  A new hostess came up to her. "Are you alone?" "Oh, no.  He's coming." Taylor was led to a table. Bob was there in a minute and managed to get in there and seat her.  She smiled. "The act will be along in a few minutes. And Congratulations! I am SO EXCITED!!" Taylor responded to his look. "I got promoted." "To what?" "Head of Marketing." "You're kidding." "Nope.  It seems the Board finally woke up to the fact that the China cash cow may come to an end and they need to do something. Did you know that the VPs on up all get over a million dollars in compensation without really doing anything?" "No." "I am supposed to figure out how to re-energize over thirty acres of factory that have laid idle for forty years or more." "Why don't they do it?" She whispered,"the head of production is the son of the previous head of production. He has never produced anything."  She explained that everything was made in China and exported back to the US and sold under different brand names. "How am I going to find someone?" He smiled. "Congratulations. Sounds like a problem.  Hey, today we were talking about problems at our Philly plant.  One, it was built before World War 2. Second the city and state are tightening regulations and the tax structure is adverse.  Third, we get protestors every day, some of whom break into the factory.  People are talking about relocating." "We are forty miles from an interstate." "That is a plus.  Makes it harder for protestors to find us if we moved here." "You are really thinking that?" "I am, right now. I can't speak for the company.  I know there is a rail line." "Spur, actually, with several sidings.  The buildings are in good shape." "Do you have about five acres we could look at? How about if I take some pictures and send them off?" "Great.  And protestors would not be tolerated in Millville.  The factory area once upon a time was the main employer and people are very protective." Two weeks later she was in Philadelphia with Gibson and a few others.  The deal was signed and by end of summer ten acres, with an option on another ten, were being upgraded and equipment was coming in by rail. Not five, but ten.  She got a $20,000 bonus out of the blue.  The company was flush with Chinese cash that they didn't know what to do with. She was developing plans. But back to dinner.  "Did I tell you what they are paying me?" "No." She told him. "That is more than I am making." "You don't sound happy." "It takes some getting used to.  You are Management and Croesus combined." "Yeah. Is this a problem?" "No.  As I said, it takes some getting used to."  The musicians arrived and were introduced: three local teenagers in Peter Paul and Mary clothing and wigs like it was the 60s.  They began singing. "They are good," she said. "They are lip-synching." "They are good at lip-synching." They listened for a while. "Work is going to be intense for a while." "I'll bet." "I won't be able to talk to you about some of it." "I bet." They had a good evening.   The high point for Bob was that she let him put his hand on hers.  The high point for her was Bob did not seem threatened by her now being Management and making more than he did with a Masters. She didn't tell him she was likely to be in on the distribution of money the Chinese sent every year to keep them fat and happy.  But she had to finish up that report, so the evening ended early.  He drove her home, checked her apartment for people and again walked away hearing her lock the door three times.  She didn't say it, but he knew she was going to have a long talk with her therapist as well.   Her therapist was a night owl.  
    • Ashley0616
      envy: painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage obsolete : MALICE : an object of envious notice or feeling
    • MaeBe
      I sit back and think, am I this person? I definitely argue, but with the willingness to alter my opinion if I find that my information is lacking. So, no? I also don't go pointing fingers in faces like a crazed person, usually I am the one to argue with that kind of person; typically because they can't see past emotion and have little concern for actual facts. Sometimes it's sport that I do this (ENTP, baby!), but usually it comes from a place of trying to inform and shift opinion--or at least get them to actually obtain facts or get their facts from objective sources.
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
    • MaeBe
      How exciting! Have a glorious evening!
    • Adrianna Danielle
      I will be meeting her wife tonight
    • Betty K
      Thank you Vidanjali that is so great to hear. I'm glad the joy comes across even though the subjects are dark, and especially that my voice is pretty! This was really a breakthrough for me, and I revelled in the entire process. Never had creating music been so effortless from start to finish.
    • Charlize
      The thoughts and suggestions above are certainly excellent!  I might also suggest that you continue to reach out to the trans community where your feelings are understood through experience.  I have found that helpful.  The is especially true when i try to help another in distress, not to look for a fellow sufferer but to help another find a path to self acceptance and peace.  Funny how helping another can pull me out of my own funk. We are here to help as we can.  Remember you are not alone in your feelings.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Vidanjali
      This is great, Betty. Your voice is so pretty and soothing. I listened to both tracks on your channel. The messages are clear and there is a very effective tone for the content you are portraying as it neither sounds antagonistic nor overtly facetious, but rather empowered and joyful. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.