• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Breast growth?

Andrea Jean

4 hours ago, Willow said:

Ever notice how much softer women’s clothing is compared with men’s?

Yeah.  And my skin is more sensitive, so that's a good thing.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• Ivy

• Elizabeth Star

• Jackie C.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Willow said:

Ever notice how much softer women’s clothing is compared with men’s?

Definitely. And as much as I love that about them, it also makes me worry: If I transition, will the nice, soft comfortable female clothing (excepting bras, of course, still figuring out those...), will they just start to feel like the generic men's clothes I've become disappointed with?

5 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

will they just start to feel like the generic men's clothes I've become disappointed with?

Good question, really good question. Surely that won't be true. I find women's clothing a lot thinner and more flexible. Compared to my old clothes, especially hoodies, which feel sandpaper lined cardboard.

• Forum Moderator

Well, I sure hope they don’t start feeling like old men’s clothes.  That definitely wouldn’t go well with my more sensitive body.   I think men’s things are made out of stiffer stronger fabric to hold up under the work normally associated with men.  Yes I know not politically correct.

at least after a couple days of proper coverage the discomfort from being rubbed has gone back to just growing pains.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

will they just start to feel like the generic men's clothes I've become disappointed with?

If my spouse is any indication, no. When we go clothes shopping, there's a lot of, "Oh! Honey! Come feel this!" The tactile sense of things is a big part of our clothes shopping.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Willow said:

Well, I sure hope they don’t start feeling like old men’s clothes.  That definitely wouldn’t go well with my more sensitive body.   I think men’s things are made out of stiffer stronger fabric to hold up under the work normally associated with men.  Yes I know not politically correct.

Eh, I think it's more because men have skin like an engine block. They won't notice the coarse fabrics and tougher construction. Also guy clothes are more, "I'm a man. I need enough to wear for seven or so days before I need to wash them." They need to last longer.

The fabrics you see in women's clothing don't last so long. Measured in washes. They also cost more and are frequently designed to be layered. I'm totally layering up today. I'm FREEZING. This is a job for my big rusty top and maybe a pair of leggings under my jeans.

Hugs!

10 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

will the nice, soft comfortable female clothing ... just start to feel like the generic men's clothes I've become disappointed with?

For me, after 2 1/2 years of being out and predominately and regularly wearing women's clothes (pretty much everything except skirts and heels), they've simply come to be "normal".  I'm definitely not feeling disappointed from wearing them -- on the contrary, I feel appreciative of the tremendous selection of patterns, styles, cuts, and so on in women's fashion.  That keeps me involved with all aspects, from browsing catalogs to shopping to finding bargains to adding to my closet to having fun mixing and matching to .... well, you get the idea!

And there's so much to learn about -- fabrics, styles, sizing, quality vs. fast fashion, even sewing -- that I'm never bored with it.  Fashion has become and remains a central part of the Happier Me.

Astrid

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

and maybe a pair of leggings under my jeans

ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeah!!  All winter long, I have leggings under my pants for extra warmth here in New England.  And during shoulder seasons, I often wear just the leggings around the house simply because I feel fabulous wearing them.  And giggle every time I put on my zebra-striped ones ??

Astrid

1 hour ago, Astrid said:

For me, after 2 1/2 years of being out and predominately and regularly wearing women's clothes (pretty much everything except skirts and heels), they've simply come to be "normal". 

I've been dressing fem for a couple of years now myself.  I do prefer the skirts though.  I use a heavy petticoat (i suppose that is what to cal them) under the skirts and sometimes leggings as well.  I have some fleece lined ones that are pretty warm.  And I can layer tops.   Of course NC is not New England.

Back in my days as a guy, it was pretty much bluejeans and Tshirts.  I still have some bibs for heavy work.

I have a theory that much of guy clothes are like armor.  ( I have a lot of theories)

1 hour ago, Jandi said:

( I have a lot of theories)

Me too. And I've come to embrace the corollary advice to "Don't believe everything I think!" ?

My experience of 46 years AFAB is that no, you don't get dissapointed because they feel like "generic". You get used to have many things to chose from, yes. But you'll still feel diferent fabrics in your body and will have your preferences. Texture, thikness, softness... it's a balance between how you feel them and also how they look on you. How good a fabric looks on you depends on your body type too. I.e. if you look at my profile picture you'll see that shirt looks awful on me. It is because of the colour, yes. But it is also because it is too thick/coarse for my complexion (but I was home and it was cold!!).

It's a whole world. You may get used to it being normal, but never dissapointed. I still love the different feels of fabrics.

I bought a sweater the other day based entirely on it's color and feel. It's soo soft. I find myself feeling the materials a lot more lately when I shop.

• Forum Moderator

Oh definitely Liz.  And I look for and buy way less conservative things then I used to buy and wear.  I like to celebrate.

Willow

Fun fact. I noticed the other day when I was wearing my Sage cami top I could see hints of my nipples poking through. This is through a lined bra and the top. Thankfully you can't see them in my pictures but I did wear that top to work. I honestly hope no one noticed but they probably did. Another "Oh well" moment.

• Forum Moderator

How about hot flashes?  Anybody get suddenly hot and cranky only to have it go away after a while?  I’ve been having that problem for a little while now.  

Liz, when I’m not wearing a bra, I show.  When I am wearing a bra, mine are actually too big in the cup and I put a pad in so nothing shows.   I wish I could get a bra with cups of the right size.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Willow said:

How about hot flashes?  Anybody get suddenly hot and cranky only to have it go away after a while?  I’ve been having that problem for a little while now.

Sure, but only when I went off HRT for surgery. Hot flashes and night sweats. Hot flashes are bad, but manageable. My night sweats are miserable. Like somebody dumped a bucket of water on the bed.

Hugs!

In the last 2 or 3 months I have noticed occasional days (haven't tracked them to see if they repeat regularly) when I experience hot and cold flashes through the day. They just come and go on their own, but always just comfort related, no change in the mood or emotions. I am wondering if it's yet another "adjustment"  my body is getting used to. 

Even though I don't openly dress feminine at home, I have totally converted to wearing women's nightwear exclusively. 
I just cannot feel comfortable anymore in men's pj's or shorts.

There is a fabric that uses bamboo in its makeup (I think its called Viscose?) and it is divine in its soft feel next to my skin.  And it seems women's waist bands and neck/arm openings are just loser and more comfortable.

• Forum Moderator

My wife and I make custom shirts with heat pressed vinyl.  She found a company that sells t-shirts made out of bamboo. For sure they are the softest ones I’ve ever worn.  They come in all sizes, men’s and women’s and different sleeves.  They hold up to normal washing too.  They are only a little more expensive but well worth it.

unfortunately for me the one iron clad promise I made was never come to bed in women’s things.  So I don’t get to experience that.  

My boobets are telling me to be careful with them today.  No harsh fabric rubbing them.  I suppose that’s because I slept in a shirt last night.  My fault, I’m not used to their rules yet.

Willow

2 hours ago, Willow said:

unfortunately for me the one iron clad promise I made was never come to bed in women’s things.  So I don’t get to experience that.  

My boobets are telling me to be careful with them today.  No harsh fabric rubbing them.  I suppose that’s because I slept in a shirt last night.  My fault, I’m not used to their rules yet.

Sounds like your sleeping in a men's shirt. Sorry to say it but you might want to renegotiate your promise. I sleep in a women's sleep t-shirt. Personally I can't stand the feel of men's clothing on my skin anymore.

I’m the same way I can’t stand to wear men’s clothing. The few hoodies I have left I keep hidden and in a separate closet from the rest of my clothes. I believe I’m stuck wearing men’s socks and work boots. It’s even harder to find a women’s steel toe boot in a size 12.

2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Sounds like your sleeping in a men's shirt. Sorry to say it but you might want to renegotiate your promise. I sleep in a women's sleep t-shirt. Personally I can't stand the feel of men's clothing on my skin anymore.

Yes! Once I switched to short and longsleeve women's nightshirts a few years ago, I haven't reverted to my former choice -- Hanna Andersson soft cotten men's PJs -- even once. If it's cold then I'll add leggings. 

2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I sleep in a women's sleep t-shirt. Personally I can't stand the feel of men's clothing on my skin anymore.

Oh yes.

I sleep in the t-shirts in the summer, or a cotton nightgown.  When the weather turns cooler I love a flannel nightgown, kinda granny style.   But hey, I am 70.