• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Just an old hippie

Dawn2020

Where to begin?  I have somehow managed to reach the ripe age of 71,  I have known about me for quite some time but have never been as aggressive toward transition as I am now.  I guess it's never too old to try to experience life to it's fullest.   I have been in therapy for over a year and am now on hormones for 4 months. It gets kind of lonely, especially during this pandemic.  I am pretty much out in the world except for at work and that may not be too far off.  I am looking forward to reading and learning and maybe even contributing in some small way. 

Dawn

• Forum Moderator

Well hello Dawn and welcome to Transpulse! It's great to meet you! Please feel free to poke around and ask questions. It's what we're here for!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Hi, Dawn.

It is always good to meet another old hippie. There is something about getting older that seems to light a fire under us.  I remember thinking that I had lived at least 2/3 to 3/4 of my life, and that I wanted the remaining 1/4 or 1/3 to be good.  Partly, too, it is the realization that we have had so much crap thrown at us and survived it that there is little left to be afraid of.

Whatever it is, congratulations on getting your transition started.  I am looking forward to talking to you more on the forums.

Regards,

Kathy

Hi Dawn!  nice to meet you, and Welcome!

Many of us here fit the category of "mature" hippies ?.. me too.  Also, someone recently coined the phrase Boomer Bloomer (which I kinda like).
I am sure you will be able to contribute much to others like myself in similar phases of our own unique paths.  Happy you found us and that we can be part of your journey❣️

Deep breaths ... one step at a time

• Forum Moderator

Hello Dawn and welcome.  You're at the right place.  Its never too late to be true to yourself.  Us old hippies need each other.

Cheers, Jani

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Dawn,

Have a look around, join in the conversations, start your own topics, or answer others. Post away as the mood strikes ya....

Hugs

Cyndee

• Forum Moderator

@Dawn2020 join the most wonderful place I've ever been and I hope your experience has been like mine. I am 68 and denied myself through all the therapy and anorexia and depression and anxiety and on and on.... and finally decided I had to come out and did. Gosh what an amazing feeling on relief and the weight of the world lifted from my shoulders. You and I have what appears a VERY similar trajectory and I am on HRT, have a new therapist who actually has a background in gender issues, I'm on electrolysis, came out to a lot of folks, am making progress on full transition and have my name picked (Heather Shay - actually both picked me).

I hope you share and I can tell you the ladies here are so helpful and supportive - what I've told you here I've achieved in less than 3 months and I cannot say enough about the ladies here - they aren't judgmental, will offer advice based on their experiences and not tell you what you SHOULD DO but encourage you to do what you decide you need to do.

The Dawn is breaking - welcome to the sunrise on a beautiful new day.

Heather Shay

Thank you,  My mood and attitude has really improved since i finally made the decision to live honestly.

13 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

Hi, Dawn.

It is always good to meet another old hippie. There is something about getting older that seems to light a fire under us.  I remember thinking that I had lived at least 2/3 to 3/4 of my life, and that I wanted the remaining 1/4 or 1/3 to be good.  Partly, too, it is the realization that we have had so much crap thrown at us and survived it that there is little left to be afraid of.

Whatever it is, congratulations on getting your transition started.  I am looking forward to talking to you more on the forums.

Regards,

Kathy

Thank you,  it's nice to know you are not alone.

• 2 weeks later...