• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I am a little scared I might develop a disorder

BasiliaChopin

BasiliaChopin

I have always felt overweight even when I was underweight, I felt a little better for a while, then had a partner who would make me weigh myself in front of them even if it made me cry, and tonight I ate something which made me feel deeply sick. To relieve the pressure I made myself vomit, and realized it felt pretty great. I need to know if this should scare me or not.

• Forum Moderator

In my opinion it is something to keep an eye on. There is a difference in knowing something does not agree with you, making yourself sick to speed the process and regularly making yourself sick. If that happens you have a problem. DON'T use vomiting in any regular sense.

My only real experience with this was a few years ago when I was wanting to lose weight. I reduced down to a reasonable weight but increasingly found that I was feeling sick after meals so eat less. People were beginning to say I looked gaunt even though I was not underweight. I realised what was happening and gradually recovered without help but it was scary to know what was happening. It is strange that these days I have gone down to a similar weight, or even temporarily less, but not had the same problem or appearance. Now I look better at the lower (but still inside correct weight for my build) weight and don't have these feelings. There are both good and bad ways to lose weight and you need to understand what is ideal for your body rather than any outside prompt. Talking to a nutritionist would help but it is respecting your body which will make both it and you feel at your best. Don't aspire to a look which is beyond reason for you nominal body type or lifestyle.

Tracy

BasiliaChopin

Thanks for the help, friends. I am going to make sure not to revisit this unless I think something in my body is about to kill me. I think I was just super scared by how easy it was, when formerly I thought it had been nearly impossible.

Learn to love yourself first.

It sounds like you have some sort of shame or guilt you are harboring deep inside.

I am speaking as a person that has an eating disorder so I know what you are feeling.

I never did the voluntary vomiting thing because my disorder is over eating. Frequent vomiting is dangerous and one friend who was anorexic actually died from throwing up so much.

My suggestion to learn to love yourself first is based on how it helped me to deal with my own issues.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 70 Guests (See full list)

• KymmieL
    • Linda Marie
    • SheenaT
    • ValerieRun
    • Jackie C.
    • claire1000
    • Aurora
    • Jandi
    • Kim Kostusiak
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

DK
    Newest Member
    DK

1. Luna Tik Clark
      Luna Tik Clark
      (54 years old)
    • Linda Marie
      Gosh, My biggest pleasant surprise. So many to choose from. Which category?  I mean like there are so many to cover here...get what I mean? So about that time my amazon order actually fit. Yep that was nice. Emmm, my first stimulus check...yep, bought 2 new dresses.... That night, late at night, that sound.....my stomach.... so I tip toe to the kitchen and....yes....both milk in the fridge and special k in the pantry.... This one will sound really weird ....  My wife and I covid shots. Expecting 2-4 hours and in an out in 30 minutes!!!!!!!! So far this year....covid shot #1
    • Jandi
      Wellcome Willow F
    • DK
      Good article:  https://news.yahoo.com/parents-of-transgender-kids-take-issue-with-simplistic-portrayal-of-issue-100002879.html
    • Linda Marie
      Yes I served. 1973-1975 USAF.
    • ElizabethStar
      Hi viz polish, I’m in. 
    • JustineM
      Here you go Kymmie! I think they have the red as well.
    • HollyNoel
      I don't always agree with Blair White, I'm fact I don't agree with most of what she says. I just think she is so beautiful and would love to look even half as good as she does.
    • Jackie C.
      Oh, you know what you need to do sweetie.  
    • Heather Nicole
      Oh, wow, those are awesome! I only do clear on my fingers, but I like to go loud and pretty on my toenails because I can just cover them with socks when I need to. But shoot, I already have so much polish as it is...Oh, what to do... 
    • Jackie C.
      The article raises perhaps the most important part. Just because you're trans, doesn't mean you're a gender binary. I think more people could benefit from that brain nugget.   Hugs!
    • DK
      A good article on the issues facing the parents of transgender kids.    https://news.yahoo.com/parents-of-transgender-kids-take-issue-with-simplistic-portrayal-of-issue-100002879.html    
    • LusciousTheLock
      I used to watch Blair and Rose and agree with Maid in Bedlam. It's also kinda annoying when they throw a political angle into everything. I love Contrapoints (she drinks too much, but is georgeous!) and her exploration of ideas, but when she gets political and start's telling people how to vote. I think that's an abuse of power.   I have never really followed the same political party between elections (here in the UK). I may not agree with all the policies from one particular party, but make an educated decision to pick the best bits of policy that best suits my lifestyle and opinions. And all opinions are an evoloution of ideas that need exploring. My wife votes differently to me, and opinion with respect is the spice of life and what debates and conversation are made for xx.    
    • LusciousTheLock
      Wow! Thank you. Your progress is much further than mine. I'm just over 12 months into social transition and expect to start Hormones in around eight months if all goes to plan, its not easy here in the UK. The thing that always held me back the most was believing I was a freak or a "Shouldn't have been" a mistake. It took me three years of counselling to admit, that maybe I'm not such a bad person and I do deserve and have a right to live and be the person I want to be. The only reason I opened up in the end was when my own counsellor admitted that our stories were so very similar and she completely understood my thought processes and decision making. There are more of us out there, and I hope the world is changing for the better. Children, shouldn't go through what we did.   
    • AwesomeClaire
      My new voice therapist is about an hour away and they do telemed appts. It's not ideal but better than nothing. Sorry your insurance won't help with it. Have you found anything useful on YouTube? I tried that first and it was too confusing and not very comprehensive, just a mash up of random tricks to try and that isn't very helpful for me.   That's really interesting, I too always thought my voice wasn't masculine enough when I was trying to be that way. I know a lot of it has to do with the words I use and how I say things.   
    • Jandi
      I have some dresses that I wear in hot weather at home.  But I'm not sure I would wear them when out and about.  My youngest daughter tried to get me into something short awhile back.  I told her I needed to act my age.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.