• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Starting a NEW - what are you listening to today - Use this topic to leave your happy or sad or winning or losing songs that affect you today

Shay

• Forum Moderator

The Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto is a beautiful piece of music.  Snippits of it have been used by many artists.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shay

• Abi

• TTheta

• Cyndee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great crossover. Mostly known as Country/Western singer. First heard this on an Indie station. An outstanding example how the simplicity of three chords can drive a tune.

I'm in a somber mood today - I always get emotional when I hear Aimee Mann sing "Wise Up" and the movie sequence from Magnolia wanders around my head. I love the minimal instrumental arrangement arrangement and the haunting background vocals and subtle synth...........

a soothing concert and I feel the SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH

This song kills me every time. Phil Hanseroth wrote the tune The Story. I relat o this song so strongly because know what I had to do to get here, I know where the lines and scars I carry came from and although a lot of those scars, I wish I could have bypassed, but they made me who I am.

I feel up and moving forward and energized - I hope you are to my sisters and brothers and all of you no matter who you are and you must be the you you were born to be and I love you for it.

I have three grandbabies, a boy and two girls ranging from 2 to 5, who like to "hop, sing & dance" so this is prolly our "fav":

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 0 Anonymous, 88 Guests (See full list)

• MaryEllen
    • Jackie C.
    • Chloe Cozee
    • BillieB
    • Drayse
    • jae bear
    • LaurenA
    • HaraSurya
    • Lee H
    • dianeT68
    • TTheta
    • Kestrel McLoughlin
    • Cyndee
    • Audrey
    • DeeDee
    • Red_Lauren.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Lisandro
    Newest Member
    Lisandro

1. claire1000
      claire1000
      (70 years old)
    2. nikrs
      nikrs
    • Jackie C.
      Hopefully the bill won't pass. "Outgrow my feelings," indeed. I'm almost 51, so when does THAT start? This is just a case of going after trans kids because they can't defend themselves. Shameful.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      I do enjoy her point of view actually. I just finished watching it myself. I now have bathtub envy though. That thing looks positively decadent.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      Well obviously. Women's deodorant has scents. The stuff for guys comes labeled with things like, "Dominance!" and "Success!" They smelled chemical to me before I started HRT. Now they're just nasty. I'll stick with my lavender and vanilla, thanks.   Hugs!
    • Audrey
      Thank you @Charlize and @Carolyn Marie for sharing your thoughts. I feel the situation isn't hopeless, and we have many clients who are Reform Jewish and I imagine they will be far more supportive and understanding. The Orthodox Jewish clients are a smaller but very visible minority. I'm finding solace in the fact that I have worked in my current position for several years and have an extremely positive reputation among all of our clients. I'm hopeful that this will help ease the acceptance with individual clients, though it will be slow. Everything else about me that they've come to know isn't changing - just my outward gender expression is changing. The thing about Orthodox Judaism is the very strict gender roles that define so many aspects of life, and the concept that it's possible to switch those roles could be quite the hurdle for some. I'll follow the Tzniut when it comes time to returning to the office even though I'm not Jewish myself (well technically I am but only vaguely culturally observant). I feel the other important aspect is the tone the executive director (she's also my supervisor) sets, and we have a wonderfully inclusive environment on many other fronts - but I will be the very first transgender person many will have ever met, and I hope to set the most positive example I can to help challenge any transphobia people may be harboring. Thanks again for commenting!   Love, ~Audrey.
    • Drayse
      Thanks for the feedback back. So probably nothing but keep my doctors updated and ask them.
    • HaraSurya
      I've been reading My New Gender Workbook by Kate Bornstein and I'm beginning to think the best way to describe how I feel about myself is "the butch lesbian aunt who happens to have a penis." I've decided to stop making decisions about what I wear and buy based on gender assumptions.   I've also been experimenting with small, secret (or at least innocuous) changes like shaving my beard, body, legs, armpits and arms and I started buying feminine antiperspirant. (Which I've always thought smells better.) When my current bottles of body wash and shampoo run out I'll probably buy from the more generic scent section as opposed to "Dial for Men."   I also ordered (and am currently wearing in public under two shirts) a brassiere that fits my "man-boobs." I had chest tubes as an infant and mild cerebral palsy in my pectorals, so I've always had "man-boobs" even when I was skinny.
    • Drayse
      From one newly out older trans woman to another, and new to the forums; welcome. 😊
    • Chloe Cozee
      That was very sad to read! I felt this way when I was a teen. I never outgrew my feminine feelings, in fact, they grew stronger!
    • Carolyn Marie
      That was very entertaining and informative, Jandi.  Thank you for posting it.  I have to admit I'm pretty much done with the whole J.K. Rowling bit, but this was better than most.   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      As far as I know the Orthodox Jewish hierarchy (Rabbis and such) do not accept transgender Jews.  How they feel about transgender gentiles is unknown to me.  I have had very little dealings with the Conservative wing of Judaism, but of those contacts I have had most were polite but standoffish.  The Reform wing is very accepting and tolerant, amazingly so.   I do know that trans men have been barred from praying at the Western Wall in Jerusalem if it becomes known to those in charge.  Like @Charlizesaid, the orthodox of most any religion are very set in their ways and slow to change.  That doesn't mean they can't change, but it just takes much longer.  I don't envy your position, Audrey, but you never know about individual attitudes.  There was a very orthodox Catholic in my office, and I expected some hostility when I announced my transition.  But he was very accepting and kind.  We are often the first trans person folks have ever met, and when faced with someone they know who's taken that big step, hearts do soften.  I've seen it happen many times.  So please don't discount that possibility.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Jandi
      I don't know if anyone here watches ContraPoints Youtube, but this is a link to her latest video regarding J.K. Rowling's trans issues.   It is pretty long, and she is not always "safe for work" as they put it.  But it might be interesting to some.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gDKbT_l2us      
    • Jandi
      Here's another one…   https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/01/iowa-bill-criminalize-medical-treatment-transgender-youth-will-outgrow/
    • Willow
      Yes I’m hoping the E goddess friends me soon.  I was on Spironolactone for a year, and Progesterone for nine months before my left nipple showed any signs of life.  That’s when my  endocrinologist gave in and put me on E. Not quite 3 months on that along with the other two. Almost the next day my right nipple woke up.  They both still hurt. I will say I think there has been shape change but not size.  More feminine perk, less male flop.   on another note, saw my foot doctor today because of the wet episode yesterday.  The nurse took out my stitches, and sent me to x-ray. No sooner were the X-rays up when in walked the doctor. Looked everything over and decided I was good, healing nicely x-rays showed everything was as it should be.  Told me stay with the boot and the scooter.  I could take the boot off in bed and I could shower but not soak my foot.  All that and three days early!     This girl would do a happy dance but it would end up one footed hopping until I fell on my face.  😃   happy hugs   Willow
    • Charlize
      My preferences have not changed.  i like men and am flattered when they are attracted to me but i have never been attracted to them.  There is no reason to change that once one transitions.   I did have trouble with that concept years ago before i knew that the way i felt wasn't really weird or that i was some repressing my self as a gay man.  If anything i am a lesbian and have expressed that reality to several men when pressed.   Relax and be yourself!  Sexuality does not, as mentioned above, rule who we are any more than it does the cis gender community.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Shay
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.