• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Thought of the day

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

I posted originally in general forum without many sharing so I thought I'd put it here as our group seems more willing to share -

Monday Mantra 254 – Fall in love with taking care of yourself… | Lawhimsy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Mmindy

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

such true words, wonderful Heather :)

Thanks for your uplifting messages 

Hugs

Cyndi

• Forum Moderator

My big brother passed yesterday - I was able to say goodbye - now I will smile with the memories he brings

60 Sympathy & Condolence Quotes For Loss

• Forum Moderator

I'm sorry to hear of your brother's passing Heather this past weekend. I know you will cherish the memories. With each person's passing a reminder of the impermanence of life, and that everyday we have is a gift. 

HUGS 

Cyndi

• Forum Moderator

YOu are an oracle and a woman of wisdom.....

• Forum Moderator

Heather I can't say anything beyond Cyndi's wise counsel. You will live with your good memories of your brother. 

Hugs, Jani

• Forum Moderator

my second thought for today

Hold your head up - Macklemore ft Xperience (Lyrics on screen) - YouTube

• Forum Moderator

I just talked to a friend who considered suicide - glad he didn't......

It's not going to rain forever... #NeverGiveUp! | Storms dont last forever,  Daring quotes, Success inspiration motivation

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• Betty K
    • MiraM
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Maximum
    Newest Member
    Maximum

1. Bookworm
      Bookworm
      (19 years old)
    2. CareBear
      CareBear
      (43 years old)
    3. Meiruru
      Meiruru
    4. nellie56
      nellie56
      (67 years old)
    5. Willow McKenzie
      Willow McKenzie
      (70 years old)
    • Heather Shay
      Follow up consult today looking forward.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • tracy_j
      An old friend - In from the cold   Tracy
    • Jamey-Heather
    • MiraF
      This is irrelevant. There is a lot of diversity amongst Christians, as every Cristian is quick to point out whenever someone accuses Christianity of being homophobic, but the not allowing Christians to talk about Christ in public would immediately cause every Christian in the country to start screaming that the Chrisian religion is being eradicated. A Jew who saw himself as primarily a German citizen would have still been killed in the holocaust. Primary identity does not matter, only whether or not you are part of the group.   It also makes life difficult, and makes you feel alone, as any community interaction will break concealment. A community is important because being trans comes with difficulties unique to trans people, you can't ask a cis person about stuff like binders, and having to deal with problems only you have that you can't discuss with anyone else is dangerous.   Do you live in Florida? Ron DeSantis is the current favorite amongst republicans for president. He is isolating Floridian trans people to the point that many are just leaving.   By weak state, do you mean stopping States from enacting laws that are harmful? Taking away power from the State? In that case, I agree! Let's make a broad law, one that applies to all the States, stopping all legislature from excluding on basis of gender, sexuality, and gender identity on all levels of government. Something on a national level. What would you call that? Maybe... Federal law. That sounds catchy, right?   For anyone who didn't catch on, the italics were a joke.
    • MaryEllen
      "In Video, Trump Vows To Target Doctors Treating Trans People If Re-Elected"   This is the topic. (above)  I fail to see where mass shootings and gun control have anything to do with it. Please get back on topic or I will lock it.   MaryEllen Forum Director
    • Clofree
      Welcome Pluto!
    • Delcina B
      Hi Pluto! Glad you're here. Cool name!   Welcome! Delcina 
    • Ivy
      I'm not sure this thread had much do do with gun control in the beginning.   I don't know if there is much to be done anyway.  Let's face it, guns are already here.  Perhaps it would be better if that wasn't the case, but… I think  mass shootings are a separate issue.    The subject is more about using the powers of the government to persecute a minority.
    • MiraF
      From an article about mass school shootings: " While seemingly random, experts say these shootings typically have one thing in common: they mostly happen in small, rural towns.   Back in 2018, the Associated Press reported that of the 10 deadliest school shootings in the U.S., all but one happened in towns with fewer than 75,000 residents. Most of them were in cities with less than 50,000 people. Uvalde's population fits these criteria, sitting at 15,860. " The reason people don't see shootings in their rural neiborhoods is that you are in small towns. LA accounts for 10% of the California population, and rural towns account for 6% of the population. If there is a mass shooting in LA, 10% of Californians get to say, "there was a mass shooting in my city", and if there is a mass shooting in a rural town, 0% of Californians get to say, "there was a mass shooting in my town", so even though there are more mass shootings per capita in rural areas, less people realize this is happening in places like theirs. Just because it hasn't happened in your town doesn't mean mass shootings happen less in towns like yours, in fact they happen more often.   Source of the quote: https://bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/why-mass-school-shootings-continue-to-happen-in-small-towns
    • Ivy
      Yeah.  I totally get it. I'm pretty sure this was what was really going on.   This happened a lot.   I mean, how could you not?
    • MiraF
      False. There are higher rates of mass shootings in US states with more relaxed gun control laws: https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/higher-rates-of-mass-shootings-in-us-states-with-more-relaxed-gun-control-laws/ If what you said is true, how come there are far fewer mass shootings in countries with robust gun control laws? Myth: Gun violence happens everywhere. The NRA often points to incidents of gun violence abroad to argue gun laws are ineffective and such widespread gun violence is not unique to America. However, the evidence tells a different story. Fact: While most countries experience occasional incidents of gun violence, the gun violence epidemic is a uniquely American experience. The United States has the highest level of gun violence across developed nations, with a gun homicide rate 26 times greater than that of peer nations.14 This number is even higher among young Americans, who experience a gun homicide rate 49 times greater than that of other developed nations. Source: https://www.americanprogress.org/article/debunking-myths-the-gun-lobby-perpetuates-following-mass-shootings/   PS: Myth: Mass shooters are likely to target gun-free zones. Gun lobbyists often deploy this myth to deter legislative efforts to limit gun carrying in certain locations that are considered particularly sensitive or unsuitable for guns, such as schools, houses of worship, or government buildings. However, the overwhelming majority of fatal mass shootings in the United States occur in locations where guns are allowed or not explicitly banned, such as in private homes or public locations. Fact: Most mass shootings occur in areas where guns are permitted. The gun lobby often claims that 98 percent of mass shootings occur in gun-free zones, but research has thoroughly debunked this. Of the 156 mass shootings that occurred from 2009 to 2016, only 10 percent occurred in gun-free zones. The majority of these shootings—63 percent—occurred in private homes. Source: https://www.americanprogress.org/article/debunking-myths-the-gun-lobby-perpetuates-following-mass-shootings/
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Always a Star Trek fan, and I grew up with TOS, TNG, and DS9.  Enterprise came along when I was a teenager, and I enjoy the recent series that are being produced.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      The young vote Democrat because their schools taught them to do so since the 90's, and higher education is controlled by leftists.  No surprise there.  When the typical Republican candidate mostly pleases the aging Boomers and has little to offer the young, they aren't going to do well.  "MAGA" doesn't mean anything to those who aren't old enough to remember when America was great....  
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.