• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Biden Talked Trans Rights at Thursday's Town Hall

Carolyn Marie

• Admin
1 hour ago, Wichita said:

wasn’t in line with their personal beliefs,

I did not say that, nor did they.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wichita

• Mia Marie

• MirandaB

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

As of Monday morning, CA is reporting that 87 percent of all ballots have been counted, so no one stopped counting and Biden has received 65.6% of the vote for president.  NO fraudulent ballots have been found in CA, and no evidence of fraud has yet been presented in any state court..  I really don't understand why it is so difficult for Republicans to accept that counting ballots, especially in a state with our population, takes time.

Carolyn Marie

Probably for the same reasons that democrats still can’t accept the results of the 2016 election. They pushed that false Russia thing for *years* and proved nothing. 

Now, we have several allegations and whistleblower statements — “sharpiegate” in Arizona; a 6,000 ballot glitch in one state, republican election officials kicked out of polling locations (in violating of the law) and a host of other curiously shady things going on. And none of those take into account the rampant tech company censorship and obvious media bias in the last 4 years. 

No, I had to hear about Russia for 4 years with no evidence. Democrats can now listen to such sentiment at least until January. 

And here’s the one thing you really can’t get around. If the election was totally legitimate and absolute nothing shady took place, Biden should be leading the charge to confirm the legitimacy of the results. He should be demanding recounts, and calling for full and transparent investigations into each and every battleground state complaint. 

Is he? No. He’s already choosing the new curtains for the White House. 

1 hour ago, VickySGV said:

I did not say that, nor did they.

October, 2008, Vice presidential debate: “Marriage is between one man and one woman.” — Joe Biden.

Eaaily verifiable. It’s even one of the clips on the videos I posted.

Let me real...real clear here. 

I’m not a republican. Prior to this year, I voted only once in my life — 2008...for Obama.

This time around, I was seriously considering Tulsi Gabbard. I was impressed by how effortlessly she destroyed Harris in the first democrat debate. 

And her reward for that performance? She was labeled by the left — her OWN party — as a “Russian puppet” less than 24 hours later. 

The democrat party is as corrupt and shady as the day is long. In that same democrat debate, Harris herself slammed Biden on his policies that nearly kept her from getting to where she is today. 

In an interview with Stephen Colbert I saw earlier today, she did her ridiculously fake cackle-laugh and simply said “it was a debate!” I guess that means either she was lying in the debate, or everything she pointed out is now “a-okay” since she’s the alleged new VP.

You're free to hate the big orange booger man all you want...even if it’s for false, media-generated reasons. Truth be told, I do r really “like” him, either. I’ve said more than once that he’s an immature, bipolar buffoon. 

But you can’t sit here and tell me the democrats are not up to some shady stuff. And if they truly aren’t...what’s the harm in proving it? Wouldn’t that go a long way in quelling all this stolen election talk?

1 hour ago, Wichita said:

Let me real...real clear here. 

I’m not a republican. Prior to this year, I voted only once in my life — 2008...for Obama.

This time around, I was seriously considering Tulsi Gabbard. I was impressed by how effortlessly she destroyed Harris in the first democrat debate. 

And her reward for that performance? She was labeled by the left — her OWN party — as a “Russian puppet” less than 24 hours later. 

The democrat party is as corrupt and shady as the day is long. In that same democrat debate, Harris herself slammed Biden on his policies that nearly kept her from getting to where she is today. 

In an interview with Stephen Colbert I saw earlier today, she did her ridiculously fake cackle-laugh and simply said “it was a debate!” I guess that means either she was lying in the debate, or everything she pointed out is now “a-okay” since she’s the alleged new VP.

You're free to hate the big orange booger man all you want...even if it’s for false, media-generated reasons. Truth be told, I do r really “like” him, either. I’ve said more than once that he’s an immature, bipolar buffoon. 

But you can’t sit here and tell me the democrats are not up to some shady stuff. And if they truly aren’t...what’s the harm in proving it? Wouldn’t that go a long way in quelling all this stolen election talk?

That should read I “don’t* really like him...”

• Forum Moderator

Tulsi Gabbard made a tweet in which she congratulated Biden on his win and mentioned that it is (as President Elect Biden stares) it is now time for unity and healing.  There has perhaps never been and may never be a president that expresses my views exactly or does what i want.  If they di it would satisfy only one person.  Guess who?  We are a country and must take what our fellows elect.  I'm proud to be an American and have faith that if we can work together and forget these petty arguments we can be and be seen as a blessing to the world.  A democracy that lasts even though I don't get what i want.

As the Stones sang:

"You don't always get what you want.....but if you try sometimes you might find you get what you need."

Hugs,

Charlize

2 hours ago, RhondaS said:

Typo Led to False Post About Michigan Votes Showing Up Magically For Biden

Wow, takes about 2 seconds to debunk these things

Strange... that's about how long it takes to see all the lies about Trump have been debunked. But to see that, you'd have to be willing to look.

And I trust USA Today about as much as cnn, msnbc of faux news.

2 hours ago, Charlize said:

Tulsi Gabbard made a tweet in which she congratulated Biden on his win and mentioned that it is (as President Elect Biden stares) it is now time for unity and healing.  There has perhaps never been and may never be a president that expresses my views exactly or does what i want.  If they di it would satisfy only one person.  Guess who?  We are a country and must take what our fellows elect.  I'm proud to be an American and have faith that if we can work together and forget these petty arguments we can be and be seen as a blessing to the world.  A democracy that lasts even though I don't get what i want.

As the Stones sang:

"You don't always get what you want.....but if you try sometimes you might find you get what you need."

Hugs,

Charlize

Of course she did. She, like Bernie is bending the knee to the corrupt dnc. How else will she get them to stop calling her a Russian puppet?

I'm happy you're happy. But talk is cheap, especially from a cis white male who supports the people burning cities to the ground and who willingly joined the chorus of people labeling half the country "racist."

He can call for unity all he likes. But I, and many many others, will not forget what he's been saying for the last 4 years. 

It's hilarious to me that Trump denounced white supremacy 35+ times in 4 years and the media still demands he to do it at every opportunity (and runs headlines falsely highlighting his refusal). Biden, on the other hand, calls for unity after 4 years of devisive statements and he's practically cannonized as a saint before he even takes office.

He can say whatever he likes in a "speech." However I still know he's been in Washington 47+ years and hasn't lifted a finger for the LGBT community.

To quote Kevin Bacon from "A Few Good Men:" These are the facts. And they are undisputed.

P.S. It just occured to me when talking with a friend that I hope every legal challenge is made regarding the election and truly hope that each and every one turns out in Biden's favor. You see, without he big, orange boogeyman to use as a scapegoat, leftists will have no one to blame as the country collapses further and leftists start to turn on each other.

I just need to keep a steady supply of popcorn for the show.

Wichita, Democrat supporters will never let you win this discussion due to a closed mind to find the truth in what is actually out there. They believe only what democrat politicians tell them. Even lies. It all comes down to whether or not the republican party will get a judge to order a recount. If it doesn't happen, we just have to hope Biden doesn't shut down the country worse than the last shut down which cost thousands their jobs, and forced hundreds of businesses to perminently close their doors.

So we can't trust any media that doesn't see the election conspiracies in multiple states run by both Democrats and Republicans? Georgia's a liberal state that's gaming the election?  

We're closed minded, you tell us. We don't believe in facts. You have sources telling you about 'sharpie gate' and ballots being tossed from sources more trustworthy than the ones we look at?  Add a link. Show us, don't just tell us.

Judges of all types have thrown out almost every Trump lawsuit due to lack of evidence. The only 'wins' have been judges telling states to count votes the way they already were counting the votes. 

2 hours ago, Mia Marie said:

Wichita, Democrat supporters will never let you win this discussion due to a closed mind to find the truth in what is actually out there. They believe only what democrat politicians tell them. Even lies. It all comes down to whether or not the republican party will get a judge to order a recount. If it doesn't happen, we just have to hope Biden doesn't shut down the country worse than the last shut down which cost thousands their jobs, and forced hundreds of businesses to perminently close their doors.

Sadly, you're not wrong. The "party of tolerance" is anything but. I'm not saying the GOP is some beacon of light, but at least they try to distance themselves from their fringe whackos.

Regarding Biden's oh-so-wonderful virus plan... His attack ads said he'd "shut down the virus, not the country." Yet I've already seen one article saying he's considering a shutdown. Oh and he's consulting, of all people, Dick Cheney on foreighn affairs. Some on twitter are already turning on him... before he's even taken office. It's truly a hilarious thing to see.

One thing that gives me a wonderful feel is the drug company saying they've found a 90% effective vaccine (condoms claim a 97% rate, but people still get pregnant, but whatever).

See, the vaccine has been found and will a few million doses by the end of the year. But guess who's still President and whose administration still has approval authority? That's right... if the lefties really want to be safe from the virus, they'll have to get a little Trump in 'em. ??? 

1 hour ago, RhondaS said:

So we can't trust any media that doesn't see the election conspiracies in multiple states run by both Democrats and Republicans? Georgia's a liberal state that's gaming the election?  

We're closed minded, you tell us. We don't believe in facts. You have sources telling you about 'sharpie gate' and ballots being tossed from sources more trustworthy than the ones we look at?  Add a link. Show us, don't just tell us.

Judges of all types have thrown out almost every Trump lawsuit due to lack of evidence. The only 'wins' have been judges telling states to count votes the way they already were counting the votes. 

The easiest to point your error out to you is to remind you how for 3 YEARS liberals screamed about Russia collusion rigging the election and now that we have an alled liberal winner, it's "Oh there's no way the election could have been rigged."

You can't have it both ways. If the 2016 election was vulnerable to interference, so is this one. 

In this election:

Rampant and obvious media bias (yes, even against Tulsi and Bernie)

Obvious and proven tech company censorship and interference (twitter and facebook)

Vulnerable voting machines

Strange software "glitches"

GOP observers kicked out of polling center in violation of federal law

Harris electioneering in Ohio (on camera, no less)

And now Giuliani allrges 450,000 votes in PA are not legal

Even if "sharpiegate" is BS, the above list will forever taint this election and our entire electoral process going forward. The only way to stop that is for Biden to show that "unity" he's spouting off about and with Trump to ensure every allegation is fully investigated.

But he won't. 

This is not aimed at anyone in particular  .. BUT,

I have found in life that when we easily accept and embrace conspiracy theories it actually is the result of a deep-seated unhappiness in the depths of our own Life

It takes great effort and self-reflection to look deep inside and ask ourselves .. why am I unhappy.  For many of us here, and least one of the answers is obvious.  But there are often other reasons we choose to ignore.

This will not change by clinging to false narratives of why one side or the other is at fault, or corrupt, or the source of everything that is wrong in the world.

The source of politcal power (probably forever, but now supercharged by media and social networks) is to create distinctions that lead to division and turmoil.  As Coldplay's song Politik says ... in confusion, confidence

The ONLY thing we can really change, is what we choose to embrace within our own hearts ... that can be suspicion and negativity .. or it can be value and compassion.  Its OUR individual choice.  Its OUR individual freedom to choose our path.

On this Forum we are all Brothers and Sisters (... sometimes Both ?)  Let's embrace each other as such ❤️

I'm going to agree that we should try to get along, so in fairness, I'm going to write about crazy things my side believes. Here's a list of recent topics:

Republicans booked a loading dock at a gardening center instead of a luxury hotel for a press conference at "The Four Seasons" in Philadelphia.

First witness in said presser, said to be a PA poll worker, was someone thought to live in NJ, known for running repeatedly for office there, and a convicted sex offender.

And that the head of the President's legal team has no law degree, in fact has no degree at all, which might explain why the lawsuits keep failing.  Also, he has covid.

The Trump family has a longtime history of voting by mail , even posing for pictures with their mail-in ballots.

Those are crazy things my side talks about. No one would possibly believe that's all real. 

15 hours ago, Wichita said:

P.S. It just occured to me when talking with a friend that I hope every legal challenge is made regarding the election and truly hope that each and every one turns out in Biden's favor. You see, without he big, orange boogeyman to use as a scapegoat, leftists will have no one to blame as the country collapses further and leftists start to turn on each other.

The Left is notorious for turning on itself for sure.

I don't think Biden will actually be able to get much of anything of consequence through the senate anyway.

And then despite how the GOP has been playing it, Biden is hardly a leftist - more like center-right.

As I've already said, I don't expect much from this administration.

It would be nice not to have to listen to the Orange One, but that isn't likely to be the case either.

But we'll get by somehow.

11 hours ago, RhondaS said:

I'm going to agree that we should try to get along, so in fairness, I'm going to write about crazy things my side believes. Here's a list of recent topics:

Republicans booked a loading dock at a gardening center instead of a luxury hotel for a press conference at "The Four Seasons" in Philadelphia.

First witness in said presser, said to be a PA poll worker, was someone thought to live in NJ, known for running repeatedly for office there, and a convicted sex offender.

And that the head of the President's legal team has no law degree, in fact has no degree at all, which might explain why the lawsuits keep failing.  Also, he has covid.

The Trump family has a longtime history of voting by mail , even posing for pictures with their mail-in ballots.

Those are crazy things my side talks about. No one would possibly believe that's all real. 

What does a person’s covid status have to do with anything?

7 hours ago, Jandi said:

The Left is notorious for turning on itself for sure.

I don't think Biden will actually be able to get much of anything of consequence through the senate anyway.

And then despite how the GOP has been playing it, Biden is hardly a leftist - more like center-right.

As I've already said, I don't expect much from this administration.

It would be nice not to have to listen to the Orange One, but that isn't likely to be the case either.

But we'll get by somehow.

I don’t know... I didn’t mind listening to Trump. He has some outstandingly ridiculous quotes. 

“I stand by nothing.”

Still, I’d rather a president who “says mean things” and gets things done (such as...oh I don’t know... 3 peace deals in the Middle East.... “little things” like that) rather than a president who supports rioters. But that’s just me. 

I live in a red state that’s proud of its self and home defense laws. And I’m not near any major cities. So I figure I’ll be alright as the leftist cities crumble. The nearest “leftist” city in my state is a minimum of 3.5 hours away. Plus, our police around here know we value them. So there’s no chance of any “blue flu” around here as there are in other cities. 

So... again... I just need to keep the popcorn flowing and maybe some Kleenex nearby for when I’m laughing so hard tears stream down my face.

Its going to be entertaining.

3 hours ago, Wichita said:

... 3 peace deals in the Middle East....

I don't think these are anything more than acknowledging the status quo, and hardly to be real "peace deals".  Peace in the middle east is a pipe dream.  It is funny how all this came out right before election day.

4 hours ago, Jandi said:

I don't think these are anything more than acknowledging the status quo, and hardly to be real "peace deals".  Peace in the middle east is a pipe dream.  It is funny how all this came out right before election day.

The articles would disagree with you.

The articles disagree with the take that the election was stolen, and probably would that the VP elect is the antichrist if that was something you could research, but ok!

On 11/9/2020 at 6:23 PM, Wichita said:

You're free to hate the big orange booger man all you want...even if it’s for false, media-generated reasons.

That is tremendously disrespectful of each and every person's personal judgment.

I've lived in NY since 1984.  I have completely and utterly despised Donald Trump since I became aware of him as a person in the early 1990's.  I personally know a caterer that he completely stiffed after she provided catering service for a big party.  He said that she should consider that she served him as reward enough.  In my opinion, a typically Republican attitude towards women.

You should understand that Fox News' business model is to make -crap- up.  The founder of Fox News, when he retired, stated that it was the original business model of Fox News.  It is simply cheaper to make stuff up in the back room rather than hire reporters.  Remember, everything Fox News accuses anyone of is simply something they thought of themselves.  -- source is NPR, from an audio clip of Roger Ailes after he retired.

When Fox News talks about need to recount and "fake" anything, they are just spreading fear and doubt, with no basis in fact.  They have no facts whatsoever, it's all made up.

Things I know personally:

*  There is no rioting whatsoever in New York.

*  I know six people who died of Covid, one of whom was a relative of my partner, in Vermont, in March

*  My partner and I had Covid in March.

*  The supreme court violated Florida's state rights in the Bush election.  States have their own jurisdiction over voting.  It doesn't matter how corrupt they are or what their process is.

It would be worse if it were controlled from D.C.  Just imagine if Trump had personal control over the elections.  Can you honestly say that he would be fair and impartial and count all of the votes?  No more would Trump be honest than Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe.  In fact, I consider Trump a worse criminal than Mugabe, has lower morals, and is worse for America.  Those things are my personal opinion.

By the way, citing "the articles" is not citing a source, merely casting fear and doubt.  Do you really want to be responsible for spreading misinformation and undermining America?  Clearly state your sources or make clear that statements are your personal opinion or from your own experience.  Otherwise you are just a troll blowing smoke at us and you are working hard to destroy America.  People like you have worked so hard to undermine America and destroy all the things I have loved about it my whole life.

It doesn't matter what each State's process is.  It is their right to conduct their process themselves and it is fundamental to America that it be so and that no central agent controls it.

Grace

Rule 6 

1. The following behavior is strictly forbidden everywhere on the site: flame wars, trolling, deliberately provoking arguments, intentionally insulting others or yourself. . . you get the idea.
Edited by MaryEllen
  • Carolyn Marie locked this topic