• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Biden Talked Trans Rights at Thursday's Town Hall

Carolyn Marie

1 hour ago, Wichita said:

And I’ve seen numerous instances where such an accusation is levied and the target of the accusation, in turn, highlights the fact that the accused is “a snowflake” who can’t debate honestly.

That should read “...highlights the fact that the accuser* is...”

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wichita

• Mia Marie

• MirandaB

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/10/2020 at 12:08 AM, Mia Marie said:

If it doesn't happen, we just have to hope Biden doesn't shut down the country worse than the last shut down which cost thousands their jobs, and forced hundreds of businesses to perminently close their doors.

It's spelled permanently. And thanks very much to your Orange Idol's "Masks are for sissies" campaign and rallies, 250,000 + dead, headed for 400 by New Year. I think we have to hope that Biden reanimates the CDC, and takes the decisive measures needed to control the epidemic. "Atlas' herd immunity" will kill millions of us. 

1 hour ago, Lee H said:

It's spelled permanently. And thanks very much to your Orange Idol's "Masks are for sissies" campaign and rallies, 250,000 + dead, headed for 400 by New Year. I think we have to hope that Biden reanimates the CDC, and takes the decisive measures needed to control the epidemic. "Atlas' herd immunity" will kill millions of us. 

That was awfully inflammatory. You also made a ton of assumptions not present in Mia’s post.

Let’s set the record straight. This virus came from China, not Trump’s kitchen. Despite the fact that Biden doesn’t want to state that fundamental truth doesn’t mean it’s not true.

Also, it marks Biden’s next “lie” to the American people. In one of his own ads, he said he’d “shut down the virus, not the country.”

Yet he’s not even taken office yet and already has one advisor urging a 6-week total shutdown.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joe-biden-adviser-4-6-week-covid-19-lockdown/

This virus, which has been used for fear-mongering all year, isn’t the only issue facing our nation. Great...so a shutdown might slow this oh-so-nefarious virus (with the oddly-fluctuating death toll). What will that matter when livelihoods are destroyed, the mental health crisis exponentially increases and people...”check out” in record numbers?

• Admin

This thread has devolved into numerous unrelated topics, including coronavirus issues.  If you want to discuss Covid politics, please start a new thread, and that goes for economics, foreign policy or anything else not related to the original topic.  This thread is not meant to be an all-encompassing anything goes spot.  Thank you.

Carolyn Marie

1 hour ago, Carolyn Marie said:

This thread has devolved into numerous unrelated topics, including coronavirus issues.  If you want to discuss Covid politics, please start a new thread, and that goes for economics, foreign policy or anything else not related to the original topic.  This thread is not meant to be an all-encompassing anything goes spot.  Thank you.

True.

We're not really getting anywhere, just kinda picking sides.  My life is already complicated enough.  I think I'll try to stay out of this now.  I prefer to be a conciliator anyway, never have liked conflict much.

The Trump campaign on Thursday won a case that attempted to disqualify a small number of mail-in ballots for first-time Pennsylvania voters who were unable to confirm their identification by Nov. 9.

These ballots had been segregated pending the judge’s decision and have not yet been counted, so their disqualification will not affect the current vote count in Pennsylvania. Joe Biden won the state, and subsequently the election, on Saturday and currently leads President Trump by more than 54,000 votes.

For anyone who didn't click on the link about the Trump court case. Keep in mind this is supposed to lead to him winning an election he's getting routed in...not counting votes that weren't counted anyway.

5 hours ago, RhondaS said:

For anyone who didn't click on the link about the Trump court case. Keep in mind this is supposed to lead to him winning an election he's getting routed in...not counting votes that weren't counted anyway.

And for anyone who refuses to acknowledge the truth... He's hardly getting "routed," considering this was just one story of many.

234 sworn affidavits sounds like an awfull lot to me, especially when false ones are treated like perjury in court. 

• Forum Moderator

1 hour ago, Wichita said:

234 sworn affidavits sounds like an awfull lot to me, especially when false ones are treated like perjury in court. 

Voter fraud is a felony so it is extremely rare as well despite a loser"s claims. 

It is time to move on and accept that we have a new president whether we like it or not.  When you lose the popular vote by millions and the electoral college vote count is overwhelming it is time.  

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Wichita said:

My understanding is that the affidavits are not testifying that "I saw a crime take place."  They are testifying that "I heard someone else say that they saw a crime take place."  The affidavit isn't false; it is just hearsay, and therefore inadmissible.

DHS chimes in:

"The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history," the DHS said in a statement. 

The Department's Elections Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council & the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Executive Committees found "no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised."

The Trump campaign has lost nearly every nuisance lawsuit they've filed, some law firms are dropping out of some cases to try to salvage their reputations. Trump has bragged about only hiring the best and appointing so many judges, if there was really a lot of fraud* he'd be doing a lot better.

*In fact, even at least one of Trump's lawyers dismissed claims of voter fraud

"This is not a fraud case," said Kory Langhofer. "We are not alleging fraud in this lawsuit. We’re not alleging anyone’s stealing the election. That’s not our theory here. In what appears to be a limited number of cases, there were good faith errors in operating machines, that should result in further review of certain ballots."

There's a difference between waving pieces of paper in front of TV cameras and dealing with the justice system aka "Law and Order".

10 hours ago, Charlize said:

Voter fraud is a felony so it is extremely rare as well despite a loser"s claims. 

It is time to move on and accept that we have a new president whether we like it or not.  When you lose the popular vote by millions and the electoral college vote count is overwhelming it is time.  

Hugs,

Charlize

A “loser’s” claims? How mature. I thought we were supposed to refrain from name-calling and personal attacks. I guess that only applies to democrats. 

“Move on and accept...” You mean like the left “moved on” after the 2016 election? Might want to think about that before you answer because there are still, today, people who say “not my president” and similar sentiment. And let’s not forget the 3-year witch hunt over fictitious collusion that resulted in nothing. I thoroughly enjoy Rachel Maddow actually on the verge of tears live in air when no evidence was found. That was hilariously pathetic.

10 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

My understanding is that the affidavits are not testifying that "I saw a crime take place."  They are testifying that "I heard someone else say that they saw a crime take place."  The affidavit isn't false; it is just hearsay, and therefore inadmissible.

Your understanding is different from mine. The ones I’ve heard read alleged to having witnessed the crime. Have you read all 234 affidavits?

5 hours ago, RhondaS said:

DHS chimes in:

The Trump campaign has lost nearly every nuisance lawsuit they've filed, some law firms are dropping out of some cases to try to salvage their reputations. Trump has bragged about only hiring the best and appointing so many judges, if there was really a lot of fraud* he'd be doing a lot better.

*In fact, even at least one of Trump's lawyers dismissed claims of voter fraud

There's a difference between waving pieces of paper in front of TV cameras and dealing with the justice system aka "Law and Order".

The legal team that has dropped out has done so because they’re being harassed because people can’t act like adults and wait for the court proceedings to finish. It’s cancel culture at its worst and it’s one of the worst aspects of our society.

I love how you call them “nuisance” lawsuits. Kinda like the whole “nuisance collusion witch hunt,” hmm?

Personally, I wouldn’t call anything having to do with ensuring a United States Presidential election a “nuisance.” NPR would I want anything to do with the election simply being glossed over as a “nuisance.” 

But that’s just me. Perhaps I’m unique in that I think any and all possibilities for fraud relating to an election to the highest office in the land should be fully investigated and not glossed over for convenience. 

1 hour ago, Jandi said:

Please. y'all…

Two little words... sooooo much meaning. I sympathize and agree with what you’re saying. 

I understand what this thread is supposed to be about. Biden saying he is planning good thing for transgenders. He will do NOTHING. He lied to get you to vote for him. Historically, he hasn't done anything in 47 years in government offices but take up a seat he only kept by use of others speeches and calling it from his own hand. He has no idea of right and wrong and believes  he and his son are above the law. Now I will say this. I am not actually a Trump fan but I hate Biden more. Anyone who condones fraud in an election needs to be ashamed and willing to accept what they did and not wait until it's over to gloat what they did. 

Guess the stories in which the DHS said the election was secure and where Trump's own lawyers admitted there was no fraud are fake news? Cause it's easy to throw these things out when you're not in a "Law And Order" setting but when it came time to face legal consequences they shifted off that fraud conspiracy nonsense. 

Maybe give Biden administration a chance before you decide how it turned out? Attitudes certainly shift over time, and believe it or not, being one Senator among 100 does not give you the chance to steer policy (unless you're the leader of the majority). Even VPs don't control policy. 

Hating both sides is easy. But in our system you have to pick one and try to change them to do more for your causes. If you think Trump was more pro-trans rights than Biden, hey it's a free country, feel free to point out all he did for us-he had way more power than a Senator from Delaware even if it was only four years.

2 hours ago, RhondaS said:

Maybe give Biden administration a chance before you decide how it turned out?

You mean like people did for Trump in 2016? Oh wait...?

Biden's had his chance...47+ years' worth. He's on record as being anti-LGBT, regardless of the breadcrumbs he threw in his BS speech. 

Trumps lawyers never said that. Biden's team did and then lied some more. Rhonda I think you need to get your facts straight. It sounds as if you are prepared to accept control of your life with no choices and no free will.

• Root Admin

Keep it civil, please. The last thing I want to do is hand out disciplinary measures

5 hours ago, Mia Marie said:

Trumps lawyers never said that. Biden's team did and then lied some more. Rhonda I think you need to get your facts straight.

I linked to his lawyer saying that in the Arizona case they dropped. From a local Fox news website. I will post the quote again. 

"This is not a fraud case," said Kory Langhofer. "We are not alleging fraud in this lawsuit. We’re not alleging anyone’s stealing the election. That’s not our theory here. In what appears to be a limited number of cases, there were good faith errors in operating machines, that should result in further review of certain ballots."

Wichita and Mia Marie --

It is an objective fact that Trump's legal challenges are being dismissed as lacking merit, or even as frivolous. Most courts -- even Trump appointees -- act only on law and facts, as shown by either a preponderance of the admissible evidence [civil litigation] or proof beyond a reasonable doubt [criminal prosecutions]. As of the last count I heard, 19 out of 20 had been dismissed because the purported plaintiffs lacked standing to sue, or as having no merit. In any event, most of them are moot, because the number of votes they challenge would not change the result in that state.

If any of the massive, humongous, overwhelming, terrible voter fraud or election officials' conspiracies alleged on Fox News, and/or Breitbart, and/or Alex Jones had any substance, there would be some proof -- admissible evidence, not just "some people are saying." People alleging vote-counting behavior they think is "fraudulent" is not admissible evidence. It's only their opinions. 

I agree with one statement though -- I did not consider Trump to be my president at any time. Nevertheless, he had received over 270 electoral votes, so I accepted the result, and acknowledged that he occupied the White House consistently with the Rule of Law. However, he has not abided by it during the interminable 3yr, 10mo he has been in office. He still is trying to place himself above the law, unwilling to concede the election results, not cooperating in a peaceful transition, trying to sabotage the incoming Biden administration by replacing civil servants and military leaders with Trumpian acolytes.

His behavior is that of a bully who will tear it all down if he can't have his way, and it is destructive to American democracy. Why can't people who profess to be patriotic Americans see that destruction, and stop? It is so unfortunate. We are all Americans. We need to heal our deep divides and become one country again. We need a Senate without a GOP majority solely devoted to blocking any and all progress if it is proposed by anyone who in their eyes is not "with us." 

In particular, we ought to remember the primary reason we're all on this site. I suppose this won't help, but it is my take.

~~Here's a "let's not call each other names" hug, from Lee~~

• Forum Moderator

Somehow appointing a transgender vet to the defense department as part of his transition team seems a confirmation of a new attitude.  

It is indeed time to let this denial of facts drop.  The American voters have chosen.  Unfortunately 4 years ago despite the popular vote the electoral college gave Trump the election.  This time it went differently.  Both popular and electoral votes actually confirm the person i prefer.  I"m happy for that just as i accepted the results 4 years ago.

Time to move on without trying a revolution or civil war.   

Hugs,

Charlize

7 hours ago, Lee H said:

I did not consider Trump to be my president at any time. Nevertheless, he had received over 270 electoral votes, so I accepted the result, and acknowledged that he occupied the White House consistently with the Rule of Law.

What a wonderful contradiction you have there. If you’re American, it matters not what you’re willing to consider. The man was, in fact, your president. 

It amazes me how you and so many others share this sentiment and then react with such surprise that those on the right want this election fully investigated. 

It makes me laugh heartily in a dark, twisted humor kind of way when I see things like this or like what RhondaS said about “giving Biden a chance before...” while knowing full-well half the country never gave Trump the same chance...going on four years now. 

No, we’re going on four years of people listening to the lies and misinformation put forth by cnn and msnbc and taking it at face value. We have people in this country who still blindly believe Trump “never denounced white supremacy” despite the fact that he’s on record as having done so 35+ times, to include the first presidential debate vs. Hillary in 2016.

But no, the blind trustees of cnn and msnbc still lose their minds each and every time Trump gets asked the same question he’s answered 35+ times now. 

I honestly can’t name a single president that was treated this badly by the media outlets of this country. It’s hilarious that people blast Trump for his treatment of the media... he didn’t start that fight. He’s merely responding to the worst treatment any sitting president has ever received from the media in this country. And yes, I’m including Carter and Nixon in that statement. Carter is still widely regarded as our worst president and Nixon actually had to resign from the office. Yet neither of them faced the level of insults, trash talk, and misinformation that Trump has. 

Sure, go on and point to the one or two lawsuits that are dropped here and there. There are just as many that aren’t. And Georgia is doing a by-hand recount as we speak.

If you’re so certain of the election results... why not just let all the legal challenges play out? For that matter, why won’t Biden? He’s on record as saying he wouldn’t declare victory until the results are certified. 

To my knowledge, that hasn’t happened yet. Biden’s starting the lying a bit early, isn’t he? But that’s no surprise...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8950275/Joe-Bidens-cancer-charity-spent-3-7million-staff-salaries.html

5 hours ago, Charlize said:

Somehow appointing a transgender vet to the defense department as part of his transition team seems a confirmation of a new attitude.  

Yet somehow Trump nominating a woman to the Supreme Court doesn’t stop the chorus of people calling him a misogynist.

What’s good for the goose...

As for facts... here’s a couple: The election has not been certified yet. Nor have the electors cast their electoral ballots. When those have occurred, then the election will be final. Until then...well until then, we’re all seeing Biden’s first lie “(of his presidency anyway) exposed. He’s claimed victory despite the results not being certified...which he stated he would not do.

Strange... Trump can say he’s wearing a red tie when it’s obviously burgundy and the media outlets would lose their minds over his “egregious lie.” Here we have Biden’s first, nation-dividing lie...and not a peep from anyone in the media.

The lies, corruption and rampant bias are on full display. And the nation is watching.

• Carolyn Marie locked this topic