• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New girl stepping out.

Cristie Bauman

I am a 59 year-old, whose birth certificate has Male typed on it, but I've had my doubts about that since the age of 4 or 5.  I've spent a lifetime being a people pleaser and trying to live up to other people's expectations of what I should be.   While I am still alive and have my sanity, I feel it's time to be what I believe myself to be.   I want to learn from others who have been where I am, and hopefully find someone who would like to hear my story.  Gender counselors and Trans friendly doctors aren't common in my state, but we have an abundance of self-righteous religious fanatics who are quick to condemn the Trans crowd.

• Forum Moderator

Hello and welcome @Cristie Bauman. Nice to meet you.

3 hours ago, Cristie Bauman said:

I want to learn from others who have been where I am, and hopefully find someone who would like to hear my story.

You’ve come to the right place for sure. I for one would love to read your story. I’m sure you have some very unique stories to share within your journey thus far and likely more coming soon. Like you, I knew I was a girl at a very young age (4y.o.). I was told that boys don’t act or dress like girls at that early age. It didn’t change who I was inside. I was 56 before I finally said enough is enough and started living my life for me. I’m happy to see you are doing the same. Good for you!

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator
13 hours ago, Cristie Bauman said:

I want to learn from others who have been where I am, and hopefully find someone who would like to hear my story.  Gender counselors and Trans friendly doctors aren't common in my state, but we have an abundance of self-righteous religious fanatics who are quick to condemn the Trans crowd.

Good morning @Cristie Baumanwelcome to TransPulseForums you are in a friendly location here. Many of us have had the same questions about Gender for most of our lives. I've been on the forums since early Spring and can never adequately express the thanks I need to. Everyone who has engaged with me has been supportive as well as informative.

Hugs,

Mindy???

Hi Christie!  nice to meet you, and Welcome!

13 hours ago, Cristie Bauman said:

've had my doubts about that since the age of 4 or 5.  I've spent a lifetime being a people pleaser and trying to live up to other people's expectations of what I should be. 

Well I have about a 6 month head start on you, but you've found the right place to start your journey.  My story of self-discovery and timeline is very similar to yours.  This Forum and everybody here have been so helpful, and their experiences are easy to connect with and learn from.

I hope you can find a gender therapist in your region, because I have found that to be the biggest help for me.  In the meantime we are happy to listen and share.

Deep breaths ... one step at a time❣️

16 hours ago, Cristie Bauman said:

I am a 59 year-old, whose birth certificate has Male typed on it, but I've had my doubts about that since the age of 4 or 5.  I've spent a lifetime being a people pleaser and trying to live up to other people's expectations of what I should be.   While I am still alive and have my sanity, I feel it's time to be what I believe myself to be.   I want to learn from others who have been where I am, and hopefully find someone who would like to hear my story.  Gender counselors and Trans friendly doctors aren't common in my state, but we have an abundance of self-righteous religious fanatics who are quick to condemn the Trans crowd.

Hi Cristie,

I am on the other side of the state, but there are Gender Therapists around. Trans friendly doctors might be a little more rare, but I have found 2 that seem to be. I HAD one that wasn't and changed doctors. If you google Arkansas Transgender Therapists and go to the Psychology today page you should find some within 40 mile or so SW of you. I found a very good one in a city very near me and another about 50 miles from me.

Now for the religious fanatics, there are plenty around who condemn. However I am religious and also transgender. Obviously I don't condemn. I have even managed to wake up a few of the condemners around me who no longer do so. The bible doesn't say what some of them think it does.

I think you will find a lot of friendly, helpful people here.

Hugs,

Mike