• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New girl stepping out.

Cristie Bauman

Cristie Bauman

I am a 59 year-old, whose birth certificate has Male typed on it, but I've had my doubts about that since the age of 4 or 5.  I've spent a lifetime being a people pleaser and trying to live up to other people's expectations of what I should be.   While I am still alive and have my sanity, I feel it's time to be what I believe myself to be.   I want to learn from others who have been where I am, and hopefully find someone who would like to hear my story.  Gender counselors and Trans friendly doctors aren't common in my state, but we have an abundance of self-righteous religious fanatics who are quick to condemn the Trans crowd.

• Forum Moderator

Hello and welcome @Cristie Bauman. Nice to meet you.

3 hours ago, Cristie Bauman said:

I want to learn from others who have been where I am, and hopefully find someone who would like to hear my story.

You’ve come to the right place for sure. I for one would love to read your story. I’m sure you have some very unique stories to share within your journey thus far and likely more coming soon. Like you, I knew I was a girl at a very young age (4y.o.). I was told that boys don’t act or dress like girls at that early age. It didn’t change who I was inside. I was 56 before I finally said enough is enough and started living my life for me. I’m happy to see you are doing the same. Good for you!

Warmest Regards,

Susan R🌷

13 hours ago, Cristie Bauman said:

I want to learn from others who have been where I am, and hopefully find someone who would like to hear my story.  Gender counselors and Trans friendly doctors aren't common in my state, but we have an abundance of self-righteous religious fanatics who are quick to condemn the Trans crowd.

Good morning @Cristie Baumanwelcome to TransPulseForums you are in a friendly location here. Many of us have had the same questions about Gender for most of our lives. I've been on the forums since early Spring and can never adequately express the thanks I need to. Everyone who has engaged with me has been supportive as well as informative.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🌈🦋

Hi Christie!  nice to meet you, and Welcome!

13 hours ago, Cristie Bauman said:

've had my doubts about that since the age of 4 or 5.  I've spent a lifetime being a people pleaser and trying to live up to other people's expectations of what I should be. 

Well I have about a 6 month head start on you, but you've found the right place to start your journey.  My story of self-discovery and timeline is very similar to yours.  This Forum and everybody here have been so helpful, and their experiences are easy to connect with and learn from.

I hope you can find a gender therapist in your region, because I have found that to be the biggest help for me.  In the meantime we are happy to listen and share.

Deep breaths ... one step at a time❣️

16 hours ago, Cristie Bauman said:

I am a 59 year-old, whose birth certificate has Male typed on it, but I've had my doubts about that since the age of 4 or 5.  I've spent a lifetime being a people pleaser and trying to live up to other people's expectations of what I should be.   While I am still alive and have my sanity, I feel it's time to be what I believe myself to be.   I want to learn from others who have been where I am, and hopefully find someone who would like to hear my story.  Gender counselors and Trans friendly doctors aren't common in my state, but we have an abundance of self-righteous religious fanatics who are quick to condemn the Trans crowd.

Hi Cristie,

I am on the other side of the state, but there are Gender Therapists around. Trans friendly doctors might be a little more rare, but I have found 2 that seem to be. I HAD one that wasn't and changed doctors. If you google Arkansas Transgender Therapists and go to the Psychology today page you should find some within 40 mile or so SW of you. I found a very good one in a city very near me and another about 50 miles from me.

Now for the religious fanatics, there are plenty around who condemn. However I am religious and also transgender. Obviously I don't condemn. I have even managed to wake up a few of the condemners around me who no longer do so. The bible doesn't say what some of them think it does.

I think you will find a lot of friendly, helpful people here.

Hugs,

Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 79 Guests (See full list)

• Becoming Jordan
    • Audrey
    • Confused1
    • Liebchenmellon
    • ElizabethStar
    • MaryEllen
    • KathyLauren
    • CD Rachel
    • ReyArrivesL8
    • Shay
    • TTheta
    • VickySGV
    • 2beBreanna
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

TerriOB
    Newest Member
    TerriOB

1. KaraIndiana
      KaraIndiana
      (43 years old)
    2. Roobert1111
      Roobert1111
      (30 years old)
    3. theophobia
      theophobia
      (22 years old)
    • Shay
    • VickySGV
      I am sorry, but we cannot do that for members. Please let any of us on the Moderator / Administrator team know what you need to have corrected and we will do it for you with no question and no charge.  I do not see any problems up in your post that would keep others from understanding what is going on, and I wish you the very best results and rapid healing.  Dreams can come true for us.
    • 2beBreanna
      I agree with Niamh. If they came looking for you they already value you.  Everyone needs to get over this putting everyone on each side is the exact same.  Both sides of the aisle have good and bad.  Both sides have people who hate and others that accept.     I am working to gently show more and more femininity at work.  I keep my nails longer and had a translucent polish on them.  I wear lots of pink and purple shirts but in men's styles.  These small things help me enough for now.  I get a few comments from people about small things but nothing that is a big deal. 
    • Jeanette West
      Could an edit function be added so I could correct spelling and grammatical errors? Thank you!  
    • Shay
    • SL
      It depends on the doctor. My doctor doesn't like people to do transdermal methods until at least a year in unless they have a special reason. I pass out when I get shots and when other people get shots, but evidently that's not a good enough reason haha. I think a special case would be if you have liver or kidney issues, but I don't remember. He says he prefers doing shots at least the first year because it's easier to ensure how much your body absorbs or control doses which can make it easier to predict when changes will occur or something like that. There are some people in the US who never have to do injections though. 
    • Jeanette West
      Tomorrow 01-23-21 is the big day!!🤩 I am off work until 02-25-21, in Chicago preparing for my surgery Saturday. Background: I was diagnosed gender-dysphoric awhile ago, back when information was extremely limited. So I buried my insides and got on with life. I returned to university for the Fall '98 semester, bought and ancient military surplus PC that was all-steel, it weighed 70 pounds, which I had to carry to the top floor of my dorm! While I was hooking it up, one of the computer wizards down the hall asked me if I'd ever heard of "The Internet". I hadn't, at which a group of these adorable geniuses set up my comp for me and introduced me to the wonders of Netscape Navigator and I was off! That first week I did a search under "transexual" and found Dr. Zukowski's clinic in Chicago. I would read every sing;e page at least once per week while I was at University of Alaska Fairbanks, just musing about The Day. And here I am 23-years later. I told this story to Dr. Z last summer when I met him for the first time, kind of like meeting a Hollywood star, I had to remember to breath. He mentioned this story to the surgery team I met while at the pre-op yesterday; there were tears involved. The good kind. I'll have the following: 1. Browlift with frontal bone contouring, scalp advancement and fat-grafting to fill soft tissue hollowing. 2. Upper and lower eyelid lifts with 35% YCA chemical peel. 3. Feminizing rhinoplasty/septoplasty. 4. Upper lip lift and length reduction. 5. Chin-bone contouring, chin soft tissue reshape with tracheal shave. 6. Jaw body and jaw angle contouring, some muscle work, and fat excision. 7. Full mid, lower face, neck and jaw skin facelift. 8. Fat graft to the lips, soft tissue to the cheeks, and naso-labial folds. 9. Breast augmentation using Mentor Classic Round Medium Smooth Cohesive I Silicone 640cc. These will be done over ~12 hours. I have contracted with a nurse to be with me from the recovery room for 72-hours continous with an option to extend depending on how I feel. I would like to add; this is not a plug for Dr. Z, but a story of one individuals', more than a decade of dreaming, hope and sometimes striving towards a goal. Anyone can do it, I know, I am here to tell you it can be done. A little here, a little there, the warchest will grow.  
    • Shay
      I'm hoping some day I will understnad the plan.... I'm getting pretty used to the "cry when you have to" part of Dan's song.
    • VickySGV
      Slowly, bit by bit things are becoming better.  The driver's license issue will have to do until people can finally be taught to accept the fact that all humans are different in ways that should not matter one tiny bit.
    • Bri2021
      It's dress nice day for me at work. The dress is sleeveless and I don't like showing my tats on my shoulders so a cover is needed.  I like my turquoise dragonfly necklace with this because it accents the small amount of turquoise in the dress.  Big hair courtesy of wanting some sunshine and braving the 38 degree morning commute with the top down. haha 
    • Shay
    • Willow
      Hi @KymmieL of course you can.  Anytime.   I'm always here for you or anyone else that I can help.   Willow
    • KymmieL
      God, I hate my body. MMM I may have expressed that some other time, or 5. As normal up early even with getting up for almost 2 hours last night. Probably pass out in the chair later. @Willow I may call on your expertise once again. Let me see what I come up with.    At least I am alone today my youngest came home early yesterday. Saying they wanted him at another school today.   Hope, everyone has a good day. Again waiting for the coffee to warm up.    Kymmie
    • Jeanette West
      My co-workers and I have discussed on many occasions the change in our characters and personalities due to working in our environment. I haven't dealt with the rawness life can throw at one, but I deal with the people who initiated that rawness, and it most certainly has a deleterious affect. We as a whole become much darker people; attitudes towards others, life, humour, perception, and most problematic; interactions, or caring. I was in the airport getting ready to come to Chicago for my surgeries when a sanctimonious '70's something female approached me (I was all by myself at the farthest point from anyone as I don't like crowds), specifically came 75-feet just to tell me, "excuse me but I see you're not wearing a mask". I had been staring into space, lost in my thoughts when my mouth kicked in to overdrive and responded for me, "quit harassing me, shut the f&&* up and go away". Ten years ago this would never have happened, but being around the dregs of society have peeled away the layers of civility to the point I police my mouth by waiting for a half second before responding to someone. Poor timing on this female. I have drifted away from many people I once knew because I simply no longer know how to relate to others who don't know what I do about the black aspect of human beings.
    • Bri2021
      I've had 3 mugs on "Counter Culture #46 coffee this morning but apparently is wasn't enough. I slipped on my knee high boots and left the house thinking, "hmmm they feel a little tight today, it must be the thicker socks".  nope, wrong feet!  SMH. I had to go back inside to set things right and start the day off on the right foot.   I need a day off. hahahaha.  
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.