• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

God Still Loves in the Gray

Valorie

Hello everyone, 

My name is Vaela (Vay-lah) Kay. My profile says Valorie but that name turned out to be a place holder haha 

A couple months ago, after a lifetime of struggling, I decided to start down the road of transition. I haven't started HRT yet but I'm preparing for when I do at the start of March, fittingly on my 30th birthday.

The greatest struggle I've found in my life is reconciling my faith in Christ with my struggle, and now decision, to transition to the woman I've always more fundamentally been. I've looked high and low on the internet and found few sources that are about transgenderism and Christianity. As a Christian writer, I feel called to reach out to a community of people that are unfairly disqualified by most in the church. And so, I've started a blog called Finding Peace in the Gray: Reconciling My Faith in Christ While Preparing to Transition (MTF)

It's meant to be a real and raw source of encouragement for those on this same kind of journey.

I'm including the link in case anyone is interested in seeing more: https://transitioningandchristianity.blogspot.com/?m=1

Thanks everyone! And remember that you aren't alone in this.

Vaela Kay

• Admin

Welcome to the Forums, I think if you read the earlier posts in this forum you will find a list of books and writings that others have found over the years.  If you have not read about them already, Paula Stone Williams (a Trans woman) and David Weekly (Trans man) who are Trans pastors and writers are some good people to find information about.  Publication is behind schedule due to the Pandemic but there is a book in the works on how the Bible was erroneously translated to condemn Gay and Lesbians individuals and through them, Trans people.  Its proposed title is Forging A Sacred Weapon by Kathy Baldock who is a champion of the LGBT community for many years.

Why don't you make a post in the Introductions Forum about yourself since it will introduce you to more members than really read this Forum.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Valorie said:

The greatest struggle I've found in my life is reconciling my faith in Christ with my struggle, and now decision, to transition to the woman I've always more fundamentally been.

Welcome Vaela, Nice to meet you. It’s a pleasure to have you join us. Reconciling my true gender identity with my Christian faith and belief system was one of my most difficult struggles in life too. When I was younger and just starting to understand more about who I was, there just weren’t the resources available as there are today. One of the books and authors that influenced me recently was Transforming by Austen Hartke. Also, thanks for your blog link, I’ll be sending it to a few of my friends who I think will enjoy your material based on my quick perusal of your post summaries. As Vicky mentioned, it would be nice to get a little back story on your life up to this point in an intro and maybe if you feel up to the task...share with us what was the pivotal turning point in your decision to finally decide on transition?

Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself with us this evening. I hope to read more in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

Hi Vaela Kay!  (I'm Kay also ?) nice to meet you, Welcome! and congratulations on your decision to move forward in your life and transition.

This is a great community to connect with, and as you have already found out, to be able to share similar experiences and struggles with other Members facing challenges regarding faith, family, and society.

Hoping to hear more from you in the future, and thank you for sharing your story.  btw, if you want to change your profile name just Private Message one of the Forum Admins and they can do that for you.

Deep breaths ... one step at a time

HI Vaela,

I think you may already realize you are not alone here. Some of us have dealt with many of the thoughts I read in your blogs. What type of church to attend and does it teach sound doctrine? Do I try to educate the one I am currently attending? What does the bible really say? How will I be accepted by the people I care about around me? If you read the few threads I posted previous to yours in the Christianity forum you will see we have similar thoughts. I even put videos in a couple of them you might be interested in watching.

In addition, the blog with the third option of a switch to switch back and forth is something I have also thought about.

Hugs,

Mike