• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

I got out for a couple of hours today. My wife gave me the sweatshirt on extended loan. Feeling great, I think pulled off a look, of some sorts.

I love your confidence, it makes you shine and it's inspiring.  Nothing like a comfy hoodie!

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

My wife gave me the sweatshirt on extended loan.

I'm impressed that you asked. My spouse and I are more, "Is that my top?"

I'm not really sure why we have separate dressers to be honest.

Hugs!

Everyone is looking fabulous lately! ❤️ Today I'm just wearing my "some of us evolve differently" transition t-shirt that I picked up from Etsy and some black leggings. The thing about working from home (still!) is that I have to find reasons to put myself together in a real outfit. And failing that, feeling good about myself is reason enough sometimes... or really, always!

In no universe would I ever fit into any of my partner's stuff. It's probably better that way anyway - after I came out, that was still one of her very first questions whether I'd worn any of her things.

Love,

~Audrey.

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I'm impressed that you asked. My spouse and I are more, "Is that my top?"

I'm not really sure why we have separate dressers to be honest.

Hugs!

Haha, I can relate!  My wife had one of those "Did I just say that" moments when she asked me to pick up a bra like I wear for her when I went to Ross

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

Haha, I can relate!  My wife had one of those "Did I just say that" moments when she asked me to pick up a bra like I wear for her when I went to Ross

Tragically, Susan has larger breasts than I do and a narrower chest, so we're not going to be swapping bras. Also, hers are boring. Bleah.

We're both an XL top though and a 16 pants so we're close enough that we can swap clothes. Honestly, I have a couple of tops that she bought for herself and didn't fit her right, so they became my tops. Yay!

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Tragically, Susan has larger breasts than I do and a narrower chest, so we're not going to be swapping bras. Also, hers are boring. Bleah.

We're both an XL top though and a 16 pants so we're close enough that we can swap clothes. Honestly, I have a couple of tops that she bought for herself and didn't fit her right, so they became my tops. Yay!

Hugs!

Oh, she's a different size, hence needing me to buy her ones "like mine" but in her size  lol.  We have both been losing weight but she is staying ahead of me so I've been getting some hand me downs that don't fit her anymore.  We almost had a crisis when for about 2 weeks I caught up to her in dress sizes. She's very supportive but she doesn't want to be the same size as me. lol

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

Oh, she's a different size, hence needing me to buy her ones "like mine" but in her size  lol.  We have both been losing weight but she is staying ahead of me so I've been getting some hand me downs that don't fit her anymore.  We almost had a crisis when for about 2 weeks I caught up to her in dress sizes. She's very supportive but she doesn't want to be the same size as me. lol

Yeah, she wears these... shapeless tank-style things. I prefer underwire. The girls need all the help they can get.

Hugs!

I'm loving seeing (+hearing about) everyone in their outfits. I'm normally a dresses and skirts girl, but occasionally I get into skinny jeans like today.

IMG_20210115_104355919_HDR~2.jpg?psid=1&

Looking good @Niamh. I love the jacket, almost got one like that the other day, in dusty rose. Then I'm looking at you shoes thinking I should probably get a pair of heels but if I wear them with a skirt I'll also need some nylons or tights or something. More stuff to start thinking about.

Looking good @Niamh. I love the jacket, almost got one like that the other day, in dusty rose. Then I'm looking at you shoes thinking I should probably get a pair of heels but if I wear them with a skirt I'll also need some nylons or tights or something. More stuff to start thinking about.

It's kinda like doing a home project- one thing cascades into another. lol

2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Oh yes - it's a bit of addiction in itself. Mr Amazon really loves me! When there's a delivery at the door - my wife asks "What is it this time? A new dress, top, shoes, boots or jewelry? I used to have to hide all this and make sure it got delivered when she wouldn't be in or got sent to a pick up point. Now it's all in the open it is wonderful not to have to be so secretive :) . 

Today it's a long Lou la roo skirt (and tights under) and a cowl neck top. Went for the knee high suede boots as well.

IMG_9767.JPG

I'm sure we've been through this already but how's it been learning to walk in heels? Like 3 inch heels...anyone? I was searching for some new boots and stumbled across high heel hiking boots. Yes, I'm that kind of girl. I am in love and really want a pair but they're in the 3inch+ heel height range (that would also put me at 6 foot). I do have some concerns about wrecking my knees and twisting an ankle.  If I can find some with a block heel I might settle for lower but the bar is set pretty high right now.

I'm sure we've been through this already but how's it been learning to walk in heels? Like 3 inch heels...anyone?

My advice? Start with kitten heels, with block heels, or with wedges. The habits we form while walking are pretty instinctual and hard to break. Heels will adjust the center of gravity forward, an effect that's more noticeable the higher the heels are. You'll want to compensate for this by leaning back a little bit. Also, when wearing flat shoes, we don't usually walk on the ball of our foot (towards the toes). So, when taking a step in heels, you'll want to land "heel, then toes" (not the other way around). Practice at home, don't rush, take smaller steps, and look ahead not down. If you're me, pronation is a problem and so that presents an extra challenge because I don't have a well-defined arch. Also, top secret: change shoes when you arrive at the occasion you want to wear your heels, especially if you ever wear stilettos. Your feet will thank you. ❤️

@Bri2020 I love the bright warm colors on that maxi skirt!

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Like 3 inch heels...anyone?

Check your ankle flexibility. Mine are pretty tight. I've been working on it, but you will REGRET wearing those if they put your ankles in a stress position for very long.

3 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I am in love and really want a pair but they're in the 3inch+ heel height range (that would also put me at 6 foot).

<sarcasm> Oh no. Not six feet. Whatever will you do. </sarcasm>

I've got a friend who keeps encouraging me to put on some heels. Tall women can be sexy. I'm already 5'11" and I don't feel like I should be drawing more attention to myself. That's probably my self-esteem issues talking though.

Either way, boot heels are about all I can manage right now. Maybe I'll go a little taller once I get my ankle flexors a little looser. Right now extending them much past an inch HURTS.

Hugs!

I started with wedges to get use to the shift in center of gravity. I can do a 3" no problem although it will be rough if I try and wear them all day. One thing is short strides. Men usually take longer strides and it's a hard habit to break.  (wear a pencil skirt, it will remind you) You will totally lose it if you take too long a step.  Also, you can't heel  "pivot" in heels without risking turning your ankle. You need to come up on the toes more to change direction.

I'm 5'11" but with or without heels I'm going to get noticed so I'm going to wear whatever I want and not worry about the stares ;)

I have to work today but I'm keeping it casual with some fun jeans by Denzien, a cami top and Tory cardigan. Plus my suede ankle booties with about a 2" heel.  I love the flower embroidery on the jeans.  No makeup today, tomorrow is electrolysis so I have too much facial hair for that. I did manage to deal with my mane of hair so at least I did that. lol

IMG_9800 2.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Nice feet! I love painted toenails but they are seldom practical with my lifestyle.

Tracy

It's dress nice day for me at work. The dress is sleeveless and I don't like showing my tats on my shoulders so a cover is needed.  I like my turquoise dragonfly necklace with this because it accents the small amount of turquoise in the dress.  Big hair courtesy of wanting some sunshine and braving the 38 degree morning commute with the top down. haha 

IMG_9819.JPG

Cute dress Bri.

I really like this sweater although I would’ve liked it a little larger so it could hang off my shoulder. Maybe next time. 

07DFA1FD-8029-469A-B355-7E42F66BF782.jpeg

@Bri2021 The turquoise really pops with the necklace! I love dresses with bold prints, though I struggle to wear them well. Maybe someday!

@ElizabethStar Can we talk about that phone case? It's awesome! Also, the stars - nice.

Love,

~Audrey.

Loving the updates here. @Bri2021That's a classy outfit, very elegant.

I just got back from a little essential shopping and exercise. This was what I was wearing (without the gloves. I was about 3C (37F) and some snow is expected this weekend.

IMG_20210122_164702401~2.jpg?psid=1&widt