• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

• Forum Moderator

@Bri2021, I often dress just like that. I absolutely love the dragonfly though. I've been looking for a nice dragonfly pendant. My spouse, tragically, doesn't QUITE "get" my style choices.

@ElizabethStar, love the sweater. I agree, it would look good kind of off one shoulder. It is what it is though, I'd just be happy it fits.

@Niamh... I need your coat. It's cold here and while mine is pretty, it's not warm and I really have to layer up. I'd love some down that looks that nice.

I'm still dressed for the gym so I'll spare you the carnage. Grey racerback, lavender tights. Nothing fancy.

Hugs!

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking fabulous ladies!  

Yes Liz, that off shoulder look would be nice although like Jackie says the sweater is nice as is. I'm not brave enough for off shoulder though.  The phone case is amazing.  

Niamh I'm loving everything going on there right down to the buckles on the boots.

Jackie given how much you work out, I don't think a pic of the workout attire would be "carnage" lol

Thank you to everyone on the compliments!

The phone case..... I actually got it awhile before I was out. It had one of those ring things on it but it blocked the image so there was no love lost when it fell off. Not that you can tell in the pic but my phone is rose gold. More things about myself I should have paid better attention to.

• Forum Moderator

Decided to make an effort today. Also it's cold so I bundled up.

825190441_20210123_081615(2).thumb.jpg.c8b0e2a5d06e562e1d00572639de4e7c.jpg

Behold my first experiment with full-body selfies and the timer function on my phone camera.

Hugs!

12 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Not that you can tell in the pic but my phone is rose gold. More things about myself I should have paid better attention to.

I chose the rose gold Apple watch when I bought one. I'd probably chose a phone like that too, except that I'm still using an iPhone 5 like they had on the Flintstones.

@Jackie C.  Super cute and warm! I love the blues with blonde hair look so much!

Love,

~Audrey.

1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

Onward to my micro-mini fashion show. 

I see where you're going from a fashion perspective here!  I love the front zip sweater!  Your choices all highlight my insecurities. lol. I hate my tattoos now so don't like exposed my shoulders or back. I'm also not brave enough to bear my tummy yet so you go girl!

Are the jeans new? Cause damn! you look good in skinny jeans.

This is as short a skirt as I'm brave enough to wear and as you can see, I'm covering my gargantuan and tattooed shoulders. lol

IMG_9836.jpg

I do like you outfit, especially the skirt, but I find myself still shying away from patterns. I think white clothes hate me. The last time I wore white I made it a whole 5 minutes before spilling coffee on it.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

The last time I wore white I made it a whole 5 minutes before spilling coffee on it.

I feel that. Every time I wear white I'm in terror I'm going to spill something on it. Doesn't stop me though. I've got a white peasant skirt and a couple pairs of white pants. I look fantastic in them.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Bri2021 said:

I'm covering my gargantuan and tattooed shoulders. lol

@Bri2021, I think your shoulders look perfectly feminine in shape and size...maybe it’s the outfit but I don’t see them as oversized at all. Also, I have to say that this new hairstyle makes you look very pretty. It really frames your face nicely.

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

image.jpeg.575ebb03fbe6c181a4ac7c72494722da.jpeg

@ElizabethStar, you definitely have some very nice curves in those skinny jeans!! They fit you so well, gurl! Your pup looks a little jealous I might add..lol?

1 hour ago, Susan R said:

@Bri2021, I think your shoulders look perfectly feminine in shape and size...maybe it’s the outfit but I don’t see them as oversized at all. Also, I have to say that this new hairstyle makes you look very pretty. It really frames your face nicely.

Susan R?

Aww- I love you right now.... we all have our insecurities though right?

My hairstyle is courtesy of a run in with an old client last night at work who just found out I was trans when she walked in. She's a hair stylist so naturally we talked hair.  Same haircut as before but after I put curling cream in she said to then scrunch it with a dry t-shirt or microfiber cloth. It absorbs some of the cream and the curls set/dry quickly.  If you do it with your hands the curls don't air dry fast enough and weighs things down.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2021 said:

Same haircut as before but after I put curling cream in she said to then scrunch it with a dry t-shirt or microfiber cloth. It absorbs some of the cream and the curls set/dry quickly.  If you do it with your hands the curls don't air dry fast enough and weighs things down.

Well, it looks great @Bri2021! Your old client gave you a fabulous new look. I like it!

Believe it or not, I use curling cream (given to me as a gift) like a setting cream to hold my loose curls instead of using hairspray and I have to say, it works pretty well.

If my hair is dry, I dampen it lightly with warm water from a spray bottle combing it thru evenly....not too wet though. Then drop a dab of curling cream into my palms and spread it in my palms and run my palms and fingers evenly through my hair. Then I comb it in with a fine comb. Then I use a blow dryer on the lowest setting and round brush my curls to style just before it’s fully dry. The loose curls last as long or maybe longer than hairspray without that tacky feel in my hair

I will have to try your method to see if I might look better with a few tighter curls. It could work well and may save me some time curling it when I want a different look. Thanks for the tip!

Susan R?

1 hour ago, Susan R said:

Well, it looks great @Bri2021! Your old client gave you a fabulous new look. I like it!

Believe it or not, I use curling cream (given to me as a gift) like a setting cream to hold my loose curls instead of using hairspray and I have to say, it works pretty well.

If my hair is dry, I dampen it lightly with warm water from a spray bottle combing it thru evenly....not too wet though. Then drop a dab of curling cream into my palms and spread it in my palms and run my palms and fingers evenly through my hair. Then I comb it in with a fine comb. Then I use a blow dryer on the lowest setting and round brush my curls to style just before it’s fully dry. The loose curls last as long or maybe longer than hairspray without that tacky feel in my hair

I will have to try your method to see if I might look better with a few tighter curls. It could work well and may save me some time curling it when I want a different look. Thanks for the tip!

Susan R?

Or use a diffuser and scrunch a section of hair into it and push it up to your scalp and run it for a couple minutes / until it sets, then go to another section. I use a medium heat so I don't burn myself since it staying in one place for a bit.  Not sure how any of this will work if you don't have much natural curl but worth a shot.

Or use a diffuser and scrunch a section of hair into it and push it up to your scalp and run it for a couple minutes / until it sets, then go to another section. I use a medium heat so I don't burn myself since it staying in one place for a bit.  Not sure how any of this will work if you don't have much natural curl but worth a shot.

Rather simple today. Going up to a friends house for a visit and wedding ceremony practice. New sweater and jeans that I got yesterday. Although I did manage to get a hint of cleavage for the first time. 

ABAC0866-97CE-4201-94DD-C4C2F8A73034.jpeg

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, JustineM said:

Although I did manage to get a hint of cleavage for the first time.

I call shenanigans. From that picture that's WAY more than a hint. I wish I had that much up top.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I call shenanigans. From that picture that's WAY more than a hint. I wish I had that much up top.

Hugs!

Lol. The size is from my forms. I’ve always had a had time positioning them for any kind of cleavage. Today I managed but it really isn’t all that much