• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

3 hours ago, Niamh said:

Apologies - Not sure why this link doesn't convert to showing the picture. I'm sure I've used the same process as previous to copy the link from Onedrive

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really didn't want to get out of my tights today after my workout but they're just no work appropriate. Today is a thin polyester top from Loft that my sis gave me for xmas and some parachute slacks gifted/hand me down from a staff member. Necklace is a nice middle eastern thing I found at a thrift shop. Shoes are DSW.  Socks aren't really right for this but they don't show unless I cross my legs and it's COLD today. lol

I'm realizing I have A LOT of clothes for just coming out 6 months ago.  ?

IMG_9995.JPG

This blouse really exemplifies the challenge of sleeves for taller trans women. These were meant to be wrist length. 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

This blouse really exemplifies the challenge of sleeves for taller trans women. These were meant to be wrist length. 

It actually looks like a normal 3/4 length sleeve. It still works well for you @Bri2020 but I’ve had the same issue on a few tops myself. You look great, btw!

You look amazing Niamh.  I'm loving every choice there. The butterfly is gorgeous.  I've realized I like the larger impact/statement pieces. 

• Forum Moderator

We keep mentioning workout clothes, so before I go back to civilian attire, this is what I wore to the gym today.

20210129_110110.thumb.jpg.fced0362914f61499f43252d1b84ded4.jpg

Though I was still wearing my tennis shoes then. I don't LIKE to wear my gym shoes outside the gym. Normally they just live in my gym bag.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

We keep mentioning workout clothes, so before I go back to civilian attire, this is what I wore to the gym today.

20210129_110110.thumb.jpg.fced0362914f61499f43252d1b84ded4.jpg

Though I was still wearing my tennis shoes then. I don't LIKE to wear my gym shoes outside the gym. Normally they just live in my gym bag.

Hugs!

Looking fit!  Do you use a national gym chain and if so which one?  I'm contemplating going back after I get vaccinated but have some anxiety about being trans in a gym environment pre-surgery.  My lifetime gym said their locker room policy is use the one you Identify with but I'm not comfortable using the woman's lockers when I still have man parts and certainly don't feel comfortable on that side now that I'm growing breasts.  It's all very anxiety inducing.

I would go with whatever gym policy is.

How odd would you feel in the men's locker room with breasts?

You could just not change at the gym so that is an option.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

Looking fit!  Do you use a national gym chain and if so which one?  I'm contemplating going back after I get vaccinated but have some anxiety about being trans in a gym environment pre-surgery.  My lifetime gym said their locker room policy is use the one you Identify with but I'm not comfortable using the woman's lockers when I still have man parts and certainly don't feel comfortable on that side now that I'm growing breasts.  It's all very anxiety inducing.

My workout partner thinks I can still drop another 50 pounds. I'm skeptical. She has a female relative of similar height, but I'm built a little thicker.

I use LA Fitness. My club is on the smaller side and happens to be within walking distance of my house (big plus). I actually felt the same way about the locker rooms, even if I wasn't getting naked (I shower at home because my skin is ultra delicate and I'd have to schlep like 100 pounds of product along with me. Also I CANNOT touch chlorine because I go up like an Alka-Seltzer tablet so public filters make me nervous.) Anyway, they have a unisex bathroom/changing room that I was using from the point I learned it existed until after my bottom surgery. Single occupancy, but I felt SO much better using it even if I did have to wait now and again for Xena (that's really her name, and she was the only other member who usually used that restroom/changing area. She liked privacy for her showers).

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Teri Anne said:

How odd would you feel in the men's locker room with breasts?

From experience, I can tell you "pretty odd" like a spider on a hot plate. It got weirder when somebody noticed and said, "You've got some balls coming in here with those."

Seriously, what do you say to that?

YMMV though because I've ALWAYS felt super-uncomfortable in a men's locker room.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

From experience, I can tell you "pretty odd" like a spider on a hot plate. It got weirder when somebody noticed and said, "You've got some balls coming in here with those."

YMMV though because I've ALWAYS felt super-uncomfortable in a men's locker room.

Hugs!

Im going to start a new thread on the subject

3 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

You look amazing Niamh.  I'm loving every choice there. The butterfly is gorgeous.  I've realized I like the larger impact/statement pieces. 

It depends on what I'm wearing. If I have a blouse or dress that comes up near my neck I prefer long pendant type necklaces. That butterfly and another teardrop style necklace I got from a private seller on ebay for £2 each. And I love the butterfly.

I find it strange that straight people worry so much about other peoples body parts. What they have or don't have LOL.

Transphobes are the worst when it comes to worrying about stuff like that.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Teri Anne said:

Transphobes are the worst when it comes to worrying about stuff like that.

Transphobes are EXTRA creepy. I mean I can look at another woman and think, "Damn, I wish I had a butt like that." A transphobe will look and think, "What's in her pants?"

Who does that?

Hugs!

It got weirder when somebody noticed and said, "You've got some balls coming in here with those."

Sorry...Saw this and my inner silverback came out and instantly thought of something far worse and would be totally game for battle, worst then a charismatic raging D&D barbarian.

Though, I'm not you, if I was in your position my answer would lean more towards using snarky charism like a Bard trying to defuse a barbarian using the truest of weapons... comedy.

"You bet right! But not by choice... honestly I prefer the top weights to the bottom ones. Balls just don't make the cut for me. Also once again...not by choice. We all have preferences, too bad we can't have everything we want right away. Crazy world right?"

On the main topic, love your black tang top with the the dead lifting trash panda. It's adorable.

I'm now wearing stretch bell-bottom leggings a thermal turtleneck and a thin oversized sweater.

?Need to do my butt exercises or else there will be problems with movement.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Mx.Drago said:

Though, I'm not you, if I was in your position my answer would lean more towards using snarky charism like a Bard trying to defuse a barbarian using the truest of weapons... comedy.

Yeah, that was the safe answer. Other things that flitted through my mind:

"I'm sorry, but if I leave them at home, they cry."

"I assure you, balls had nothing to do with it."

"Where did these come from?!?"

Still, I'm a white woman from the Midwest. We're not all that confrontational most of the time.

Hugs!

Still, I'm a white woman from the Midwest. We're not all that confrontational most of the time.

Part of my personal hate of just simply walking around alone in the city dressed female is pigheaded nutbags that think I don't take notice to there pathetic attempts to catch me with misogyny. I scared my dad once on the train cuz had the nastiest bitch face on simply because it keeps the majority of crazy asswipes away. Thing was I was relaxing and felt a dude plop ontop of me randomly, not the first time and it's rude, but it was just my dad thinking he was being cute...My looks are deceiving and I will be the rabbit from Monty Python's holy grail movie. City life guts your innocence quick and leaves you with lots of practice. Before you know it, you find yourself smiling like a wolf but it's not a smile, your fangs just constantly are on display. 

Went to the laundromat; Denim skirt, black leggings with my black suede boots, and a very warm sweater.

Back home; swapped the sweater for a lighter shawl.

• Forum Moderator

My looks are deceiving and I will be the rabbit from Monty Python's holy grail movie.

The advantage is mine then. As a trans-woman in her 50s, nobody is especially interested in approaching me. Also, the public transport in and around Detroit basically doesn't exist so getting creeped on while on a train or bus ride isn't likely. Just doesn't happen.

Then again, I can abduct 225 pounds and maintain it easily. I can crush a skull between my thighs like a robin's egg.

Hugs!

37117b70_3ec0_48d1_be92_8ee5bf0aaf9e_by_harasurya_ded6q8f-pre.thumb.jpg.921730eed43ab2a0bb86569941d30992.jpg

What I wore to work today. I was seeing how my new silicone breast forms fit and looked. I work as a delivery driver for Jimmy John's, but honestly I never took my parka off.

Then again, I can abduct 225 pounds and maintain it easily. I can crush a skull between my thighs like a robin's egg.

Hugs!

I'm apparently a fat 165-170 lbs at 5'2" but my family have heavy muscle density and tend to sink like stones unless we maintain swimming like sharks. Clothing that fits for me properly is hard to find generally.? Tend to stick to baggy look cuz I just curl up in the extra layers. Stretchy turtleneck thermals shirt and cargo pants are my jam.

• Forum Moderator

I'm apparently a fat 165-170 lbs at 5'2" but my family have heavy muscle density and tend to sink like stones unless we maintain swimming like sharks. Clothing that fits for me properly is hard to find generally.? Tend to stick to baggy look cuz I just curl up in the extra layers. Stretchy turtleneck thermals shirt and cargo pants are my jam.

OK, so you're more built like a friend of mine (she's a touch taller but until she told me I could have SWORN she was taller than 5'4"). Doesn't mean anything though, she's been practicing martial arts since junior high and could probably kill me if she wanted to. Then again, she has an intersex condition and is sporting more testosterone than I am on any given day. I've never seen anybody give her a hard time either, but she goes to a private martial arts gym so I imagine the etiquette is different.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, HaraSurya said:

37117b70_3ec0_48d1_be92_8ee5bf0aaf9e_by_harasurya_ded6q8f-pre.thumb.jpg.921730eed43ab2a0bb86569941d30992.jpg

What I wore to work today. I was seeing how my new silicone breast forms fit and looked. I work as a delivery driver for Jimmy John's, but honestly I never took my parka off.

? They look natural to me. Even with real ones, you need that Parka outside in the cold, it hurts less. My favorite coats are the ones that are like sleeping bags with arms and fur trim.

1 hour ago, HaraSurya said:

You look happy! How did they feel for you? They seem to be the right size for you.