• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

This is my "puttering around the house" look. It's not even 3pm, but I doubt I'll be going anywhere for a while.

Sarra.thumb.jpg.8b3e3e80743ccb7e14e8167f3b3c8951.jpg

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first post here.  I was getting ready to go for a nature walk with a local group but it got canceled.  I stopped my makeup halfway through because I was failing at it.  So now here I am working around the house.

20210130_141200.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Nature walk? It's either warmer there or you have antifreeze for blood. I mean I feel chilled when I look out the window.

I'm finding I like tunic-length tops like that one. I prefer to show off my badass rivet belt when I can, but tops like that feel comfy and they're easy to do stuff in. I like the boot style too. I can't tell, are those slip-ons or is that a zipper I see on the outside?

Also, do they come in a size 13?

Hugs!

I work outside for the full shift even if it's-25.  Chicago area is currently about 31 but about to get a lot of snow.  Just need to bundle up a little more. 

Thanks Jackie for helping with the pic I appreciate it.

It was a half decent pic  but not what I wanted to post.

I have to give HRT  and my genetics / mom credit for the hips,big thighs and rather large butt.

I look just like my Mother which is fine by me.

@Teri Anne

I realized that when I posted it. It's the bathroom my roommates use more than anyone else and they're slobs (We're all slobs, to be honest, don't look at my kitchen sink.) One of the odder realizations as I've been starting to embrace my feminine side is that my house is a sty and I really need to clean it.

I never judge people about how the keep house because mine is not perfect either.

Dirty mirrors are kind of a pet peeve with me and mine get nasty in a weeks time and I keep a squeaky clean bathroom and kitchen.

Not dusting every week is what I am guilty of.

Thanks.  We got the full set.  We saw it while we were looking for stuff when we moved.  Did not need it but had to have it. 

I have a huge king sized water bed frame I bought 25 years ago and it has  4 huge drawers and in huge storage area in the middle.

I put a reg king size mattress in the frame many years ago.

I just can't get rid of it because of the storage.

I have a queen sized sleigh bed in one of the other bedrooms and can't bare to get rid of it either.

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, Teri Anne said:

...and can't bare to get rid of it either.

I think many of us face this dilemma.  As we go through life we hone our tastes and end up with things we love and can't bear to part with.  Sometimes life isn't fair! 

Thrift store fashion show!  I went looking for some workout pants and a crop top-no luck. However, I found some leggings that I might be able to work out in if they aren't too warm, 2 pair of skinny jeans, some "pleather" pants a necklace and earrings.  $22!

I LOVE THRIFT STORES.  My wife didn't snap pics of the necklace or 1 pair of jeans but here's the rest. I got the "leather pants" because one of my employees (age 25) said I absolutely had to have some to which I responded- "uhm, 54 years old here". So when I saw some today I bought them as a joke to show her but now I like them. haha. I never thought I would be confident enough to wear them but since my wife approves I will keep them.

IMG_0019.jpeg

IMG_0024.jpeg

IMG_0023.jpeg

IMG_0021.jpeg

deddw0x-728e4266-fe5e-4e16-9010-571051b378a5.thumb.jpg.4f851eac36eccd32b3df4c40a7cb6f4d.jpg

How I dressed after work today. I'm going to get some lower shaping garments, larger breast forms and wig over the next few weeks.

On 1/31/2021 at 5:12 PM, ElizabethStar said:

Good haul Bri. I'm brave enough to risk thrift stores yet.

Next time I visit my son in Chicago we're going to a thrift store!

5 hours ago, HaraSurya said:

deddw0x-728e4266-fe5e-4e16-9010-571051b378a5.thumb.jpg.4f851eac36eccd32b3df4c40a7cb6f4d.jpg

How I dressed after work today. I'm going to get some lower shaping garments, larger breast forms and wig over the next few weeks.

Good luck and have fun shopping !!

I think you will find that with a little shapewear you won't need larger breast forms. (those look great)  When I wear some tummy control or some hip/butt pads it makes my breasts stand out more.   High waist jeans/pants will work the same way for you. 

I thought I wanted bigger but i got clocked more when I presented that way because they are really hard to get to look natural.

Of course, if this is all for homewear getting clocked doesn't matter.

Have fun shopping- one of my favorite activities ;)

When I was  a normal weight and pre hormones I had to use hip and butt pads to set the illusion.

I got clocked a lot back then too so be ready to face that and just own it and be yourself.

The main thing is make your hips as wide as your shoulders and have boobs in the middle you should do fine.

Remember women come in all shapes and sizes but the main thing is attitude and confidence.

Don't hide or skulk in the corners trying not to be seen that just makes you look suspicious in public and brings more attention to yourself.

1 hour ago, Teri Anne said:

Remember women come in all shapes and sizes but the main thing is attitude and confidence.

Don't hide or skulk in the corners trying not to be seen that just makes you look suspicious in public and brings more attention to yourself.

So true. Making eye contact also seems to help. At least it does for me.

My main thing I'm doing right now is finding a "look" I like and developing it further until I have the comfort to go out in public wearing it.

1 hour ago, HaraSurya said:

My main thing I'm doing right now is finding a "look" I like and developing it further until I have the comfort to go out in public wearing it.

I hear that. It took me a while and I'm still working on it. It's pretty hard to do these days since all the fitting rooms are closed. The process of buying clothes on line, waiting for it, then having return it only to find out they don't have that piece in the "right" size really sucks.

1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

I hear that. It took me a while and I'm still working on it. It's pretty hard to do these days since all the fitting rooms are closed. The process of buying clothes on line, waiting for it, then having return it only to find out they don't have that piece in the "right" size really sucks.

It kind of reminds me when I first developed Hara Surya in Second Life and it took me about a year to find the right combination of looks that felt like "me." Except, you know, in real life.

2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

It's pretty hard to do these days since all the fitting rooms are closed. The process of buying clothes on line, waiting for it, then having return it only to find out they don't have that piece in the "right" size really sucks.

It sucks big time!  My clothing expenditures in 2020 were miniscule, and not by choice!  Whenever it's safe to use fitting rooms again, I will be ready! 

My best luck with online buying has been in brands who's sizes I already have and that I can be reasonably sure will still fit. However, with the changes from HRT, clothes in my wardrobe that "still fit" are getting gradually rarer.  Shape shifting does indeed affect how I look in my jeans and my tighter tops, just to name two.  

Astrid