• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, nympheanelumbo said:

aaaaa!! this made me really happy, thank you! it's a nice change of pace from a  conversation I had with my school counselor. Did you know that parents needed to be notified before changing deadnames off of school websites? It's gonna be rough talk with my mom, but I'll figure something out. Reason why I'm here, actually! ^^ There's a lot of talk about needing a support system, so I joined!

I didn't... but it doesn't surprise me. In most of the states your parents basically own you until you turn 18. It varies by school district though and how they handle trans students. Some will keep it from your parents and use your proper name in school to make you comfortable. Others... not so much.

Then again, their hands are probably tied in some places because your LEGAL name is still your legal name and that's attached to all sorts of official stuff until you change it. That's a court procedure and we're back to your parents owning your butt until you turn 18. It's a vicious cycle.

Hugs!

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I didn't... but it doesn't surprise me. In most of the states your parents basically own you until you turn 18. It varies by school district though and how they handle trans students. Some will keep it from your parents and use your proper name in school to make you comfortable. Others... not so much.

Then again, their hands are probably tied in some places because your LEGAL name is still your legal name and that's attached to all sorts of official stuff until you change it. That's a court procedure and we're back to your parents owning your butt until you turn 18. It's a vicious cycle.

Hugs!

yeah! i have to either convince my transphobic mom to approve of the school database name change, or deal with it until I'm 18, which honestly I'm not too sure if I'm capable of doing. She's kind of oblivious to the whole gender thing, so to save myself from feeling miserable, I just stopped trying to get her to understand, since all she knows is yelling and verbal abuse. But, regardless. Toughing it out is my only option, I'm turning eighteen soon in a while, so I'll be fine all things considered. :3

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, nympheanelumbo said:

yeah! i have to either convince my transphobic mom to approve of the school database name change, or deal with it until I'm 18, which honestly I'm not too sure if I'm capable of doing. She's kind of oblivious to the whole gender thing, so to save myself from feeling miserable, I just stopped trying to get her to understand, since all she knows is yelling and verbal abuse. But, regardless. Toughing it out is my only option, I'm turning eighteen soon in a while, so I'll be fine all things considered. :3

Two (ish) years isn't terrible, true. Just try to make sure you have a plan and a place to stay if she goes full transphobe and kicks you into the street. We don't need any more homeless trans kids (or adults for that matter).

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Two (ish) years isn't terrible, true. Just try to make sure you have a plan and a place to stay if she goes full transphobe and kicks you into the street. We don't need any more homeless trans kids (or adults for that matter).

Hugs!

I haven't actually thought of my plan, or a place to stay if she actually does. The best I have at the moment is just finishing school, going to a community college, and getting a job as a camgirl, because harassment in an unaccepting conventional workplace scares the living hell out of me, and I'd just rather be fetishized for my identity than harassed for it. Lesser of two evils, I guess.

Just because you turn 18 doesn't mean your Mom will change or make live easier for you if you live under her roof.

Getting your own place then you are really free to be who you are.

1 hour ago, Teri Anne said:

Just because you turn 18 doesn't mean your Mom will change or make live easier for you if you live under her roof.

Getting your own place then you are really free to be who you are.

thank you! i will keep that in mind when i graduate :3 

In the year 2000 I was driving through Hollywood and saw this skirt in a boutique window on Melrose.  It's the only piece that survived my last purge.  I enjoyed wearing it for group therapy tonight.

20210202_181417-01.thumb.jpeg.b4f292da5325c6215fa4b7025bf3e15a.jpeg

Oof, seeing all of you looking so good is making my head swim. It also makes me realize how far I have to go in my development. Sure, I wear women's clothes around the house, outside, and even occasionally to work.
But you all look so nice doing it!

Bri your  rocking that Black and Orange look.  Lv the haul

I use don't give rip about dressing room. I am a woman, buying wn clothing, if a Karen wants to make a fuzz then she can go to men room or RV or behind an ally to try her stuff. 

Sometimes we need to be proud for not just us but for the other TG ( Male or Female) that to afraid and look to us to shown the way

ElisbethStar 

congrats on your courage with your mgt.  I bet you will rock in shirt.

Can't wait to see. 

Pic of me at the beach.  First nice in weeks today so drove to Venice 

20200503_122240 (1).jpg

• Forum Moderator

Looking good!

Though it's 19F here with a wind chill that's bringing it down to 10F. I got a chill just looking at you. Brr.

Hugs!

Yeah Lexi!

Nice legs girl.

I know that place a little. 

Was so covered up last time walking through there, looking at all the bodies showing themselves off.

Damn you Cali girls are rockin!  You all are looking great.  Lexi I'm so jealous of your beach access right now (and your confidence).

Ann I love the skirt.  Actually, I love everything about your outfit.

8 hours ago, Drayse said:

Oof, seeing all of you looking so good is making my head swim. It also makes me realize how far I have to go in my development. Sure, I wear women's clothes around the house, outside, and even occasionally to work.
But you all look so nice doing it!

You just have to find your style and be confident. If an outfit makes you feel good, let it show.  I haven't been on HRT for long and it has barely changed my physical appearance. Ann can correct me but I believe the same with her.  Since starting my transition, my mental health has been so good it has made me feel so much more positive about myself and I let that show.  I also care about myself more which has led to better lifestyle and health choices which also helps the confidence.

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

You just have to find your style and be confident.

Between covid and the lack of clothing options in my area, it's hard to develop a style. There's little selection for women 6' or more even though I only weigh in with a body mass of 78 kg.?

But maybe I'll throw something together after work today.

1 hour ago, Drayse said:

Between covid and the lack of clothing options in my area, it's hard to develop a style. There's little selection for women 6' or more even though I only weigh in with a body mass of 78 kg.?

But maybe I'll throw something together after work today.

We are only an 1.5" different and same weight. 5' 10.5" There's plenty out there for us. I have two cis women working for me who are taller than me but same build. They have helped me find stuff and I've observed their styles to see what looks good on them ;). Biggest challenge honestly is shoes.  I'ma size 12 US women and finding truly cute shoes is difficult. Poor Jackie is a 13. 

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

Biggest challenge honestly is shoes.  I'ma size 12 US women and finding truly cute shoes is difficult. Poor Jackie is a 13. 

Oh wow, well i I'm approximately 12 1/2 - 13 US woman's shoe size myself. ?

Tops are also hard for me. Monkey arms and broad shoulders. And I'm so sick of leopard print. lol.

But thanks for the encouragement, your tips are noted. ?

Today is a pivotal moment in my life. This is the outfit I chose to wear to work today and I didn’t backup clothes. 

Elizabeth that's a nice outfit!

Like the boots, and the stars!

An idea....I would hike that skirt up higher, almost to the ribs.  But that's just my preference...classic women's waist opposed to a highlander kilt look. 

Please don't listen to me if I'm wrong...

Most important is how comfortable you feel in it.

Good luck with your pivotal point hun.  I'm crossing fingers for your luck and acceptance for who you really are :)