• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

• Forum Moderator

My legs are like my second best feature (tied with my cheekbones but behind my smile). A pair of pants like that would REALLY show them off. So... the same reason I wear skinny jeans, but more so.

Hugs!

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Alright. I just ordered a pair. They'll be here tomorrow.

Mine! They'll be mine! Bwah ha ha ha ha!

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Alright. I just ordered a pair. They'll be here tomorrow.

Mine! They'll be mine! Bwah ha ha ha ha!

Hugs!

You go girl, and yes, you will be posting a pic.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

You go girl, and yes, you will be posting a pic.

Yeah... already planning what top to pair them with.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Before we get TOO far away from the subject, I just wanted to share my first wig. This is absolutely not the right look for me. The bangs don't really work and the way it frames my face isn't great. The color's OK though. I had auburn hair once upon a time.

WIN_20210205_12_18_27_Pro.thumb.jpg.c06e25b9bd1c1eea8f4232c66f6865ee.jpg

Today I'm not dressed in anything too fancy. A nice top with an artsy copper cat on it. Black. Long-sleeved. With jeans, fluffy socks and my house slippers.

I'm going to go change back into long hair now.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Teri Anne said:

Bri ,Liz and Jackie you are all looking fabulous.

Hah! See? That's the power of my best feature. That wig is AWFUL, but my dimples keep you from noticing. I'll be fabulous tomorrow. Promise.

Hugs!

You all are a bad influence on me. I had a couple dollars and points in my SHEIN account from the stuff I returned. Now in a week or two I’ll have leather leggings. 

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Hah! See? That's the power of my best feature. That wig is AWFUL, but my dimples keep you from noticing. I'll be fabulous tomorrow. Promise.

Hugs!

You do have amazing dimples and smile!

1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

You all are a bad influence on me. I had a couple dollars and points in my SHEIN account from the stuff I returned. Now in a week or two I’ll have leather leggings. 

My work here is done ;).  hahahahaha.  Seriously though, it's impossible to not walk tall with your head raised wearing these.

Today's outfit and a new wig. I got it because I'm an older person and I really don't want to stand out. Also I have natural grey hair that keeps on poking out when I wear red brown or blonde wigs. I don't need to hide it with this. What has surprised me is it seems to make me look younger and that doesn't seem to make sense. What do you think?

y4mpBvtVT4zBQB4IN7Zf18GoBA9-fCIdtUI-a_cS

1 hour ago, Niamh said:

Today's outfit and a new wig. I got it because I'm an older person and I really don't want to stand out. Also I have natural grey hair that keeps on poking out when I wear red brown or blonde wigs. I don't need to hide it with this. What has surprised me is it seems to make me look younger and that doesn't seem to make sense. What do you think?

y4mpBvtVT4zBQB4IN7Zf18GoBA9-fCIdtUI-a_cS

Is it the gray or the wild side top?  Either way, you look great.

SOmetimes when you see an older person who's hair color is obviously dyed it stands out more and makes you notice the difference in "hair age" vs body/face age if that makes any sense.. Personally I've always believed in embracing your gray/silver/white.  I say that now but we will see in about 5 years whether I stick to that. haha.  I've got a lot of white starting to show when you're up close.

At the dentist for a filling, wearing nail polish!

i will ask them for an opinion about my overbite, different shades of white and crooked teeth. I have never worried about it before.

wish me luck

2 hours ago, Niamh said:

I got it because I'm an older person and I really don't want to stand out. Also I have natural grey hair that keeps on poking out when I wear red brown or blonde wigs. I don't need to hide it with this.

I love that.   I want to find something like that.  My hair is grey of course, but there is very little on top.  I usually cover that with a kerchief or something.  If I had a wig that would blend in… that would be wonderful!

Lots of lovely outfits here! I always feel inspired visiting this thread. @Jackie C. I confess, even if you don't like that wig, you are wearing the shorter hair beautifully!

Now that I think of it, I have some store credit at Venus from the suit I returned the other day...

Love,

~Audrey.

I do have some grey along the temples but I do color it.

I usually wear mine in a pony tail, its roughly 21 inches now because I cut 3 inches off the length to clean up some split ends.

I started letting my hair grow in 2012 and haven't been to a salon since.

3 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

At the dentist for a filling, wearing nail polish!

i will ask them for an opinion about my overbite, different shades of white and crooked teeth. I have never worried about it before.

wish me luck

Well I left wearing a smile and an appointment with an orthodontist next month. No one said boo about my nail polish! Yea! They replaced a discolored filling that was fracturing with one that matched the rest of the tooth. 

I stopped by Goodwill on the way home to look at the clothes and was overwhelmed by the variety of styles and colors. I will definitely need some help figuring out what to buy. 

No picture today. About to head to work. I decided I would wear that long black skirt and boots again. This time I chose a color matching hoodie and (not that anyone can see them) fur lined leggings due to the extreme cold this morning.

16 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

No one said boo about my nail polish!

It's such a good feeling. isn't it? It gets a little weird when you start getting compliments.

The last time I went to the dentist I asked them to update my name. They did without question but resulted in everyone having to wander in to take a look at me while the hygienist was digging around in my mouth.

3 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

The last time I went to the dentist I asked them to update my name. They did without question but resulted in everyone having to wander in to take a look at me while the hygienist was digging around in my mouth.

It was a wonderful feeling to lie there with my hands gently crossed in my lap. When the dentist came in she gave me an opportunity to ask my questions about straightening out my teeth with no hint of surprise or reproof. Exactly the opposite. There was a tinge of care and compassion which she always exhibits. She made sure to repeat the orthodontists name twice and said the  initial consult would be free.  I’ve been going there for years and she’s done a lot of work on me. It all seemed so normal. It felt good!

After a couple of weeks off, resting my aggregated patela, I got back into my exercise routine, stretched, showered, put on my eyes and got dressed for the day. Did some shopping, I won't lie ?, got some cute tops and bottoms that I can't wait to try. The store was having a Bogo Sale (apparently any white tagged item is free if coupled with a coloured tagged item). Sadly, no nice shoes my size again. Took advantage of the full-length mirror to capture what I was wearing, but my parka was obscuring.

20210206_151509.jpg

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Drayse said:

Sadly, no nice shoes my size again.

That, sadly, is the story of my life. On the other hand, when I DO find something in my size that's cute I do a dance. I like the cut of that shirt! I haven't been able to find any like that that I like, but hopes remain high. I am SUCH a clothes horse.

So my leggings came today and I make them look GOOD.

20210206_174722.thumb.jpg.61cbd010b7d203f09723ad52c7da5cdc.jpg

And from the back... 

20210206_175103.thumb.jpg.9eac8dd6d3277f757278ba18792f16c5.jpg

The cat's name is Bodhi. He's a rescue from a friend's cousin who couldn't keep him anymore. He's waiting for his dinner.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

20210206_175103.thumb.jpg.9eac8dd6d3277f757278ba18792f16c5.jpg

I think you need to form a female version of a ramones cover band Jackie! You would have to go with a black wig though.   And yes, damn you look good in those!