• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

So my leggings came today and I make them look GOOD.

Work it, girl!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

He's waiting for his dinner.

Man, I first read that as, "He is dinner," and my brain half melted as I did a double take. ?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I need to be wearing is a new top, something light colored, but this morning as I walked through Macy's (my first shopping excursion since the pandemic began) the selection was severely limited.  Needless to say, I didn't find anything to suit my fancy.  I did find a very pretty ring while in the jewelry department, but couldn't find anyone to ring me up; I guess the staffing matches the selection.  

Jackie, I think that Bob wig you are wearing makes you look adorable.  You may not be fond of it, but it flatters you.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jandi said:

Don’t know how that got on there twice.    

Uploaded twice. Fixed it! That's also a cute hat. I wear a fox-ear felt cap myself. I'm silly.

Hugs!

5 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

So my leggings came today and I make them look GOOD.

I hope I can make mine look that good but I won't know for a week or two.

So I made an impulse buy today. I took some bad bananas back to Safeway to get them exchanged, and bought a pair of no-nonsense shaping great shapes tights, medium size while I was there. They did feel tight when I put them on but now I have been walking in them for a mile or so (under my jeans) I can’t believe how comfortable they are!  No friction down below. It puts an extra wiggle in my step.

I also bought myself for the first time conditioner and moisturizer cream. I can feel the difference the cream makes on my sandpapery skin.

I know what you must be thinking! I must sound like baby groot! 

1 hour ago, AgnesBardsie said:

I also bought myself for the first time conditioner and moisturizer cream.

Phhbt! No! I only started a skin care routine about, wow almost 10 years ago now? And I occasionally, though rarely, used facial moisturizer. I did start using facial moisturizer regularly over the past year though as I noticed that I was losing suppleness in my skin. Fortunately I have been a regular user of sunscreen so that may have saved me some years on my face.

It's never too late to start a skin care routine. Good for you, that's awesome! ?

I've been toying with the idea of buying some tights. Leggings just feel too bulky to wear with a skirt. Sandpaper skin? yeah, it's a thing. I didn't realized how rough my skin was until the last couple months of HRT softened it up. Now it's always dry and I go through a ton of hand and body lotion.

8 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Now it's always dry and I go through a ton of hand and body lotion.

OMG right?  Soft yes- desert dry-absolutely.  I have tubs of homemade moisturizing creams I go through on my legs and arms now.  I think I need to invest in coconut farming with the amount of oil I use.

• Forum Moderator

Ah, OK as someone with eczema here's what I do:

• Water softener in the shower. There's a cartridge in the shower head that filters a bunch of stuff the city puts into my water OUT of my water (I'm looking at YOU chlorine).
  • Moisturizing body wash. Soap never touches my skin. Mild, moisturizing cleansers only. Mine have extra stuff for the eczema in them.
  • Warm water. Never hot. Hot showers feel amazing, but they dry out the skin. I don't want you to freeze to death, but turn the dial down.
  • Pat, don't rub. I pat dry. None of this scrubbing stuff for me.
  • Seal it in. After I step out of the shower, I rub in a coat of moisturizer. A second coat of moisturizer with sunscreen goes on where I have exposed skin.

This plan was basically me and my allergist working to keep my breakouts to a minimum. I only need to apply extra moisturizer to my hands after I wash the dishes or something similar.

Hugs!

I wore the tights to bed and did some research and it turns out that there’s a thing called compression therapy. They sell compression socks to runners and panty hose does the same thing! 

when I walk my dog I go a mini of 4 miles and sometimes 20 miles or more. I can really feel the comfort level in my legs this morning. 

Freaking -40°C (-40°F) so may not be going outside much today. Just wanted to show off the lady's sweatshirt I picked up. The lady's sweatpants sadly turned out to be not only too small but the waistband elastic seems to be decaying. So I'm wearing my boy sweatpants today. Will hit the elliptical soon.

20210207_081341.jpg

All the talk of cute shoes in large sizes makes me think of my ex-wife who had the opposite problem - her feet were so tiny (and calves so wide when it came to boots) that no one made adult-looking shoes in her size. (On the up-side she could buy little girl's athletic shoes and save a ton of money, but she still had small feet for a little girl.)

13 hours ago, Drayse said:

Freaking -40°C (-40°F) so may not be going outside much today. Just wanted to show off the lady's sweatshirt I picked up.

This made me realize that I actually don't have any real clothing for cold weather. I have a coat that I rarely wear because it's so bulky but that's it. You would that since I've been living in the mid-west for the 20 years I would have more. Sub-zero cold and I'm out in sneaker and a fleece jacket or zipper hoodie.

Day 2 of the tights. Walked 17.5 miles in 5 hrs 25 mins, just over 3 mph. They really cut down the fatigue. Also discovered that walking by thrusting the hips completely eliminates chafing and there is virtually no difference in the speed factor. So smart!

Men on the other hand tend to fall forward when they walk, which definitely causes some chafing. You can really feel the difference after 10 miles.

So I got to practice walking gracefully for five and a half hours and  the legs feel great, no soreness except for a little tenderness on my soles, but no blisters. No evidence of wear and tear on the tights (at least not yet). 

Loved my black pants so much I had to wear again this week but with a more body contour mock wrap top. Purple is my fav colour.  This top's plunging neckline was too much for me given no cleavage without a lot of manipulation so my wife sewed a snap up higher on it to make it less plunge-y. Ankle boots today.  

IMG_0148.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Nice! I have to admit, I'm enjoying my pleather more than I thought I would. It's a great look!

Hugs!

A bit of a black theme for me today. My work shirt is red but I don't think it's appropriate for me to wear it for a public photo, so just image a red t-shirt under the jacket. ?

20210208_103549.jpg

20210208_103615.jpg