• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

Looking good, Bri.

3 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Ankle boots today. 

Hah, I'll try not to be jealous. ?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

This top's plunging neckline was too much for me given no cleavage without a lot of manipulation so my wife sewed a snap up higher on it to make it less plunge-y

I don't know that you should worry too much about that. Many women have very little cleavage. I don't think I could be accused of having much cleavage, but this is one of my favourite dresses now (posted a week or so back). Yes I do have some B cup silicon boobs in my bra, but there was no manipulation going on as far a cleavage was concerned.

y4mPDODh91LiUn4TwYKKkjUL_2j-Bcd7LQpCqfkB

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Drayse said:

so just image a red t-shirt under the jacket.

... ANY red shirt? Hmm...

1 hour ago, Niamh said:

Yes I do have some B cup silicon boobs in my bra, but there was no manipulation going on as far a cleavage was concerned.

It still looks lovely. Whatever you're doing is working for you girl!

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

so just image a red t-shirt under the jacket.

... ANY red shirt? Hmm...

You'd think that might bother me, but it doesn't as much as you might think. ?

Nice dress, Niamh. You look very pretty in it. I wish I knew what I was doing picking out dresses or I'd have one by now.

4 hours ago, Drayse said:

Nice dress, Niamh. You look very pretty in it. I wish I knew what I was doing picking out dresses or I'd have one by now.

You will figure it out in time don't worry.

It's very much trial and error. I know many buy from charity/thrift stores so they don't waste too much money while they find what works for them. As I belong to Amazon prime (I use most of the free services such as the free Video, Music and Kindle books), you can also buy clothes with a free no questions asked returns policy (I assume the same applies in other countries with Prime). That way, I have bought many clothes online and returned whatever didn't fit or didn't look right and not wasted any money. But I still buy at the budget end. That 50s style dress only cost me £23 (about $32). I've never spent more than £35 on a single fashion item so far in the 18 months that I've been openly buying womens clothes. 

Having said that - I probably have a budget of around £250 a month on clothes, shoes and makeup. My wife just assumes anything coming to the door these days is for me.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

I decided to go with the official garb of the people today. 

Ah yes, I wear that... a lot. Not today though. Today I'm going from shower into pajamas. Take THAT adulting!

Hugs!

2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I decided to go with the official garb of the people today. 

That's pretty much how I've always dressed since the 1990s...lol

Liz I love the look and dress that way a lot.

I have Chucks in the same color as well as blue and red ones too.

When I first started exploring my trans-ness I thought I had to wear dresses  and skirts to present as feminine so I went thru a hyper feminine stage.

I soon learned by observing cis women  that pants and or jeans were actually OK and I could present in a casual way and still be feminine.

2 hours ago, Teri Anne said:

When I first started exploring my trans-ness I thought I had to wear dresses  and skirts to present as feminine so I went thru a hyper feminine stage.

I wear skirts and dresses almost exclusively.  But it's just what I prefer.  I know that most women I see out and about, go with pants and a top of some sort.  And I will wear jeans or similar for jobs where the skirts would be less practical, like getting firewood.  I have my hoodies for cool weather.  Since I'm retired I don't have to consider a job.

I'm not out to prove anything, I just feel freer that way.  My skirts/dresses are not anything fancy, and I don't use makeup (at least so far) and have no desire for it.  Maybe I'm a throwback to another time or something.

My female role models are all "tom boy" types. I don't think I've ever seen my mother wear a dress or a skirt outside of photographs and I think the last time my sister wore one was her wedding. (And, thanks to King Oedipus that's the kind of woman I find attractive.)

I'm not saying wearing skirts or dresses are a bad thing please don't take what I said the wrong way.

Wear whatever you prefer to wear and what makes you feel pretty there is nothing wrong with that at all.

I am all for wearing whatever you want and if you don't use make up thats OK too its your choice.

I wear skirts occasionally if I am going to a special event or something.

Jandi I am retired too and have been for 10 years so like you I have nothing to prove as well.

14 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

the official garb of the people today. 

Working class, even a little grunge. It looks good on you. Much of my boy outfits look a lot similar, and I imagine as my girl wardrobe expands I'll be incorporating some of the same aesthetic.

Funny thing about aesthetic. When I first began exploring my gender I assumed I'd be stereotypically "girly", but clothing opportunities only permitted jeans and sleeve shirts. Several purges and retocks later, and now that I've given myself permission to withhold restraint, I thought I'd go for a more muscle girl/body builder aesthetic. Instead I find that I'm moving in an athletic business lady direction. It's a bit puzzling, but I'll just keep playing this by ear and see where it goes.

1 hour ago, Drayse said:

Working class, even a little grunge. It looks good on you. Much of my boy outfits look a lot similar, and I imagine as my girl wardrobe expands I'll be incorporating some of the same aesthetic.

Thinking back this out seemed to work pretty well. I got called ma'am a lot when I wore it earlier on in transition. Even before my girls made themselves known. Now if my hair would just grow back a little faster.

A girlfriend dropped this hand me down sleeveless jumper off for me.  I probably never would have bought it because jumpers just haven't been on my radar but I really like it.  Even has pockets! I'm not a sleeveless person because I'm working on removing shoulder tattoos so I'm pretty self conscious about them. But with a cardigan it works.   The only issue I have is being on spiro, I'm a regular visitor to the girls room and 4 buttons, a zipper AND a belt is a lot to undo when you really have to go.  lol

I'm so lucky to have friends that want to outfit me ;)

IMG_0175.JPG

• Forum Moderator

That looks good on you @Bri2020! The only thing I'd change is to make the belt an accent color instead of just letting it blend in.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

That looks good on you @Bri2020! The only thing I'd change is to make the belt an accent color instead of just letting it blend in.

Hugs!

I like that idea. It's sewn in in the back. I might look at it though and see if I can unstitch it without damaging the fabric