• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

I'm ridiculously lucky for that support and love. She is an amazing woman.  My son was in town and he helped prep dinner and took that photo for us. Then things devolved as more drinks were had and my wife had to prove she was better in heels than me and broke out some 5" heels to race around the table.  I had just run up and down the stairs in mine (2") and my son instigated the whole thing with his comment that he thought I had learned heels faster than my wife. hahaha. It was quite a show.

That's lovely. I am lucky with my children - they are very supportive and my daughter provided a lot of fashion and makeup advice in the early days. I'm so happy that she now will come to me for advice on makeup and fashion in return (and to be fair my wife has always come to me for fashion advice even before I came out to her). But I spent a lot of time in my gaining qualifications in Art and later in Photography so I have a reasonable grasp of structure and colour. I'm just so happy to be able to apply it to myself now. This is a pic from Friday...

y4mWBWsL5gJi4iKiXpefKGD-NgxnTNR3FI6CQ87Z

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Niamh said:

I'm just so happy to be able to apply it to myself now. This is a pic from Friday...

It is flawless.  I'm not sure how much makeup I will ever wear. I like a little but my weekly electrolysis makes applying makeup challenging. Couple days of beard growth followed by a couple days of healing leaves me one day a week to apply makeup.

• Forum Moderator

@ElizabethStar... it is UNCANNY how much you look like my sister-in-law, but thinner. She even wears her hair like that. Every single time I see your pic my lizard-brain says, "Oh, Kathy lost some weight!"

I didn't dress up today either. I'm wearing the racer-back I wore to the gym, jeans and a flannel over-shirt because it's cold.

Hugs!

Had an emotional day. It was workout day and though I worked out later than usual, pumping iron always helps me steady my emotions. Worked out in a cami and boy gym shorts (which look super huge on me, I need new gym shorts!) today. I really need to get a squat cage or rack and bench though or I'm facing a deload and working my way back up again.

Elliptical not getting any use today, unfortunately. Running the kids off to their mom and maybe having a face-to-face with her about some pressing issues.

20210215_161013.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Oh! In the vein of gym pictures, I wanted to share this. Please note how nice my broad back/shoulders makes my waist look. Rar!

20210215_080022.thumb.jpg.2ff92240cf1dd15ea36437cb6f58211f.jpg

I mean sure, it would be better without the muffin, but one day at a time, right?

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Please note how nice my broad back/shoulders makes my waist look.

Looking good, girl!

This my outfit yesterday just lounging around the house it was way to cold to go out. I was happy I did get to actually do my hair 3 days in a row. I’m lucky to get one day because of working 6 days a week it does no good to put effort when all I do is put a hard hat on and get dirty. After my surgery next week I will have time to put effort in to looking decent. My plan is to turn all my paperwork into the courthouse for my name change while I’m off. I’m seriously thinking of getting highlights in my hair before I go back to work.

8151920C-689F-489D-B76E-A4A9A07483A9.jpeg

4 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

@ElizabethStar... it is UNCANNY how much you look like my sister-in-law, but thinner. She even wears her hair like that. Every single time I see your pic my lizard-brain says, "Oh, Kathy lost some weight!"

Wow, thank you Jackie. BTW I'm jealous of your waist.

@NiamhIf I could only do my makeup as good as you.

3 hours ago, Drayse said:

Worked out in a cami and boy gym shorts (which look super huge on me, I need new gym shorts!) today.

Time to buy new clothes, I don't see a downside.

@Emily michelleCongrats on the pending name change. Highlight would look so cute on you.

2 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

My plan is to turn all my paperwork into the courthouse for my name change while I’m off.

Ooo, congrats on both the surgery and the impending name change.

1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:
3 hours ago, Drayse said:

Worked out in a cami and boy gym shorts (which look super huge on me, I need new gym shorts!) today.

Time to buy new clothes, I don't see a downside.

Right? I like the direction this discussion is going. ?

After working out I had to clean up and change quickly. My kids and I stopped for A&W Beyond Meat Burgers and Fries on the way out. Still a mite hungry so am scarfing down some microwaved frozen veggies before I attend an online meeting with a political organization that I'm affiliated with. Wearing a tie-dye shirt and leggings as the latest pieces of clothing I have yet displayed.

Now if I could only find some nice shoes that fit my oversized feet....

20210215_182005.jpg

1 hour ago, Emily michelle said:

Shopping is always fun it’s my favorite thing to do now haha

I remember all the times I would walk through the women's department to get to the men's department and wish I could stop and touch the clothes, and omg try them on?!. Then I'd become very self conscious and desperately hope nobody saw my eyes wander. Eyes straight ahead and lock on the sign that said MEN! And then settle for a long sleeved flannel shirt and a pair of jeans. I was ashamed of my skinny arms and always wore long sleeves to cover them.

4 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

I remember all the times I would walk through the women's department to get to the men's department and wish I could stop and touch the clothes, and omg try them on?!.

The breakthrough when we at last begin to shop for what we really want to wear, and try things on in-store, and find a gem after searching through messy racks of clearance items-- that's one of the most uplifting and affirming feelings ever! ?

?,

Astrid 

Just an observation here.

I have been looking at the pics and reading the thread. I have noticed something.

Why is it some of you ladys never smile? 

It cant be all that bad can it? From your words you are in your favorite outfits and choose to show them to the world as your authentic selves. You really should be in a much more happy disposition i would have considered.

Plus a smile would make your pictures shine so much more.

Please feel free to shoot me down if im missing the point!

2 hours ago, Maid In Bedlam said:

Just an observation here.

I have been looking at the pics and reading the thread. I have noticed something.

It cant be all that bad can it? From your words you are in your favorite outfits and choose to show them to the world as your authentic selves. You really should be in a much more happy disposition i would have considered.

Plus a smile would make your pictures shine so much more.

Please feel free to shoot me down if im missing the point!

I love to smile and there is usually a hint of one in most of my pics at the moment. My only issue is that one of my front teeth broke off a few weeks ago and while I'm waiting for treatment I just don't like seeing a big gap. I'll be back to my beaming self as soon as I can. 

And internally I'm nearly always smiling while I'm being Niamh - I'm far better looking than the other me that occupies my body :)

3 hours ago, Maid In Bedlam said:

Aside from a few missing teeth I don't like how I look when I smile.

Like your cute jeans @Bri2020

!

Score!!

Someone left around ten pairs women's shoes and boots up for grabs at my apt building. Most have some wear.

They're size ten, so some are a little tight on me.  Any lucky 10s out there, hit me back if interested to see more pics (altho u can probly find her own shoes in that size)

Sorry photo blurry.  My camera phone may have been drinking ;)

IMG_20210216_035256950.jpg

5 hours ago, Maid In Bedlam said:

I'm overdue to have my teeth cleaned at the dentist due to covid situation so I've been a bit embarrassed to show my crooked smile. Which reminds me....

3 hours ago, Maddee said:

Someone left around ten pairs women's shoes and boots up for grabs at my apt building. Most have some wear.

They're size ten, so some are a little tight on me.  Any lucky 10s out there, hit me back if interested to see more pics (altho u can probly find her own shoes in that size)

Not to sure if I personally would want to wear someone elses shoes or boots. I wouldnt endorse it myself but then again thats me.

But if you are i would recommend:

make sure that they are your right size and shape for your foot and that they don't rub
 if they can tolerate it, put them into the washing machine let them dry thoroughly, preferably in natural light
try to replace the insole that comes in them. If you cant, an antimicrobial one would work
do they have hole or are they worn? Remember shoes have a certain life span,

theres is always a possibility if you do not follow the above. you can still get fungal, bacterial and viral issues from other peoples shoes though regardless. Especially if you dont know where they have come from.

Just saying

On the plus side they would be far to big for me. I only take a UK  5.5 or USW 7.5 Tiny feet