• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

5 hours ago, LaurenMichelle said:

There is a Sephora inside a JC Penney close by…just go in and ask for help?

At the very least, they can help you find the colors that work for you. That's half the battle.  They're expensive though. Start with a powder foundation, maybe a "finish kit" to apply over that and eyebrow pencil if you need to darken them. Oh, color corrector if you have any beard shadow.  Either that or find a mary kay person who's trans friendly. I might do a quick video on how I do my minimalist  "natural look" makeup.  I spent about $300 at sephora almost a year ago. I only put makeup on a couple times a week at most. Most of those times it's just foundation, eye shadow and mascara. If I'm going out and want a more glam look I will add the brows, some bronzer/finishing powders and lipstick. Since I wear a mask everywhere nowadays, lipstick and contouring kinda stuff is wasted.  The only thing I've needed to replace is my brow pencil because my hair is so light you can't really make them out without it.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sadly, it being xmas, and family friends every day, "I've" been locked away in the wardrobe for 10 days.  Can't wait for January 3rd.

And this is roughly what I wore on New Years Day when I couldn’t bear to (pretend to) be a boy again and decided to go to MONA gallery in Hobart. This was my first ever day outing as Bette/Betty. I made friends! It was wonderful.

256DB7C3-0D1B-4A3B-83E2-7DCE2C15747A.thumb.jpeg.87c7737e3d8bfac0ec7211b83821b720.jpeg

(I wore sneakers again on New Years Day though, so as not to get gallery feet.)

This is me living my dream of having coffee at a cafe in a dress:

9FDA90D7-B9AD-4B3E-8BAD-3406BA2E450D.thumb.jpeg.8fb9eae572bdfe34745f755be2320d10.jpeg

One more: this is me at my (cisgender male) friend’s house in Hobart, where I stayed the last two nights. He was so supportive and his teenage children were absolutely respectful, calling me “she/her” and Bette. I have a great friend in his daughter, I think. My heart is full ❤️❤️❤️

82D7241C-2AE6-4315-BA33-4AAC4FFB6707.thumb.jpeg.5aa56664a8bafc0f111b741b1f5ac288.jpeg

Happy New Year everyone. I know I don’t post here often. I have been a bit shy to because I felt my transition was going so slowly. (Sometimes I even questioned if I would transition after all.) But I love this forum and I thank you all for sharing and existing. When I am confused I often look here to find answers and I am never disappointed by the wisdom and helpful facts I find.

Again, thanks.

Humbly,

Bette

• Forum Moderator
14 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Everyone looks so amazing. I get so much inspiration from this thread.

That reminds me. Mom shared a secret about tights that I thought I'd share with all of my sisters who find themselves as women who never got to be girls. If your tights ride down? They're too big. Go down a size. I'm currently wearing mediums and they're staying up just fine (same cut as the ones you modeled a couple days back Liz).

Hugs!

Great info Jackie C.

One of the very first cis gender girl friends/shopping partners taught me that as well. That applies to leggings as well.

52 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

Go down a size.

Guess they need to be tight !  

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

4 minutes ago, Jandi said:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Maybe the "Dad Joke" thing is terminal.

Due to last night's snow fall I had to go run the snowblower. I decided to wear black for contrast.

IMG_5035(1).thumb.jpeg.77a5352797999ff83e65ff6de5a6ea71.jpeg

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Due to last night's snow fall I had to go run the snowblower. I decided to wear black for contrast.

That’s the best contrast, and it looks good.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

7 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

That reminds me. Mom shared a secret about tights that I thought I'd share with all of my sisters who find themselves as women who never got to be girls. If your tights ride down? They're too big. Go down a size. I'm currently wearing mediums and they're staying up just fine (same cut as the ones you modeled a couple days back Liz).

Hugs!

Ain't that the truth. I found out the uncomfortable way when the weather finally got chilly enough to wear my new pair on a short run. Constantly having to pull up the waist band. Not a fun run.

On 12/28/2021 at 6:27 AM, Elizabeth Star said:

My partner got me a new dress as a Christmas gift. 

That sure is a nice dress, and it really suits you.

I'm going to post a throw back pix.

This is me many years ago practicing my style.

I want all here to know I had been going through training.

Who was training me?

The classes I were attending trained me.

The best part of those classes?

THE Home WORK

LM Whole lotta love.jpg