• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

For the record, I sensed no malice whatsoever in how @Katie Mresponded to my post. Never entered my mind. I have alluded to my lack of smiling once or twice in the past. The notion that someone sees me as pretty to begin with, and encourages me further, warms my heart. I feel blessed to receive such a compliment, along with the rest of the support in this community.

Besides, anything said here is a breath of fresh air compared to what I get from my wife.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Ticket For Epic said:

Wait, I'm confused....  so we girls can tell each other we'd be prettier if we'd smile?

Sure! See? Smiling?

WIN_20220406_12_52_53_Pro.thumb.jpg.32df7c75c617dc199f5a04505fd55a80.jpg

@Jackie C. 😹Love the smile. Oddly enough it looks like my mom's smile when she's being silly.

At first I thought your necklace had a Facehugger pendant. It still looks cool.

I would show me smiling, but i am a minor, and my smile makes me look like spamton g spamton

2 minutes ago, Slavictaki said:

I would show me smiling, but i am a minor, and my smile makes me look like spamton g spamton

I know the feeling. I believe I look like a villain when I smile + I'm not good at taking pics of myself.

But, I think when people aren't forced into the smile, they look better. And even though you can't post it, I'm pretty sure you got a good full smile, even if you don't think so.😁

58 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

For the record, I sensed no malice whatsoever in how @Katie Mresponded to my post. Never entered my mind. I have alluded to my lack of smiling once or twice in the past. The notion that someone sees me as pretty to begin with, and encourages me further, warms my heart. I feel blessed to receive such a compliment, along with the rest of the support in this community.

Besides, anything said here is a breath of fresh air compared to what I get from my wife.

Thank you, Hannah - because I certainly meant no offense in my comment...we're all here to support one another...and I want to always be uplifting toward everyone!💜💜

38 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

Sure! See? Smiling?

WIN_20220406_12_52_53_Pro.thumb.jpg.32df7c75c617dc199f5a04505fd55a80.jpg

I love it, Jackie!

1 hour ago, Jani said:

I don't think there was any malice in that.  I will say though that many "new" women on the site don't smile.  Not that smiling is a prerequisite but so many look like they are still wearing their "Man face."   Trying to relax is good; the brow isn't furrowed, lips aren't pursed.   It doesn't have to be a big grin.  If you are happy you are finally getting to be you, show it!

Jani 🙂 (smilin')

That's wonderful encouragement, Jani!

EEEK!  We need a sarcasm font or perhaps an lol would have sufficed.

Am I the only one that gets mini anxiety attacks when I see that I've been mentioned or quoted?   Not that you should feel reluctant to do so, the same thing happens whenever I get phone calls, texts, phone notifications and goddess help me if there is an unscheduled knock at the door.  I probably wouldn't even check to see who it is!

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

No clue what any of the other patrons thought, or if anyone even paid me any attention, and no care in that regard. Another step in accepting and living my true self.

That's great Hannah,

I'm glad you made this milestone in getting out and about. You look very nice, and I'm sure it was seen as nothing more that a Mother, Daughter outing.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

TRUTH! Could our wives be reading from the same script?

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Sure! See? Smiling?

Jackie, I love your wide eyes, and smile.

I can only imagine what your laugh would be like, based of your quick wit, and word smith response here. I know you're laughing as to type them.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

25 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

That's great Hannah,

I'm glad you made this milestone in getting out and about. You look very nice, and I'm sure it was seen as nothing more that a Mother, Daughter outing.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

And she didn't even call me "Dad!"

1 minute ago, Hannah Renee said:

Thank the goddesses! XD

• Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

That's worth everything right there.

Smiling Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

12 hours ago, Katie M said:

I KNOW you're smiling on the inside...and you're still beautiful even when the smile hasn't made it to the surface!💜

This!  When I was trying to be a man, I rarely smiled.  I mastered the serious reserved staredown look.  Couple that with my overwhelming anxiety and fear of dentistry where I let my teeth go to -crap- and you had a person habituated to being reserved and embarrassed about their smile when it did come out. Now I have a situation where I LOVE to smile but seriously need to get drugged and have a lot of dental work to make that smile pretty. My inability not to smile (double negative I know) has led me to try and overcome my fear and start taking care of my dental situation.  The only thin stopping me from dealing with my teeth now are finances. It's going to cost about $17k :(. I need 3 implants and an additional couple of cavities filled.  It might take a minute to figure that out.

14 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:
15 hours ago, Katie M said:

You look wonderful, Hannah! The only thing that would make you prettier is a smile!🥰

I'm trying to remember how. It's been a long time. Like so much over the years, that's something else I've kept trapped inside. One of these days, I promise!

I have this problem too.

• Forum Moderator
12 hours ago, Katie M said:

I love it, Jackie!

It's more impressive when I've done my eye makeup. I look truly deranged.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Couple that with my overwhelming anxiety and fear of dentistry where I let my teeth go to -crap- and you had a person habituated to being reserved and embarrassed about their smile when it did come out

My teeth are a mess - many missing etc.  

On the plus side, it does go with my hag-witch persona.

6 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

This!  When I was trying to be a man, I rarely smiled.  I mastered the serious reserved staredown look.  Couple that with my overwhelming anxiety and fear of dentistry where I let my teeth go to -crap- and you had a person habituated to being reserved and embarrassed about their smile when it did come out. Now I have a situation where I LOVE to smile but seriously need to get drugged and have a lot of dental work to make that smile pretty. My inability not to smile (double negative I know) has led me to try and overcome my fear and start taking care of my dental situation.  The only thin stopping me from dealing with my teeth now are finances. It's going to cost about $17k :(. I need 3 implants and an additional couple of cavities filled.  It might take a minute to figure that out.

Same here Bri, I have not been near a dentist since I left the Navy in 2000, teeth like an abused piano, I for 1 was happy when we all had to wear masks....lol

Ok, this is not from today, but what I was wearing in 1973. Not pictured, next to me is my first wife, hence an actual smile on my face.

Screenshot_20211010-130820~4.png

On 4/3/2022 at 1:44 PM, SaraB said:

You want to go to Chestertown if you need anything. Progressive college town.

I may be exposing too much for someone who's hiding behind an identity-concealing Internet handle, but I have to speak up at this: I went to that college (there's only one in C-town). How funny that years later on this little corner of the Internet somebody happens to mention it out of the blue. And oh yes, so red the necks roundabout thataway... 😄

Not wearing anything fancy - but wanted to share a pic after trying my makeup kit from BOOM! By Cindy Joseph...as I shared in another post, this makeup is designed for quick, easy, everyday use by older women - and it IS easy! I used the "Glo Stick" as a basic moisturizer (applying with the stick itself and blending with fingers). Next, I used the "Color Stick" as lipstick and blush on cheeks and a little on my forehead (again blending with fingers). Next it was the "Glimmer Stick" on my eyelids, brow bone and highlight upper cheek bones). I also tried their no-clump mascara, which worked beautifully and finished my lips with their lip gloss. I really like the products, and I literally went from no makeup to "out the door" in less than 5 minutes. I'll be using this stuff a LOT!

One other thing new today - I had my eyebrows threaded instead of waxed...it hurt a bit, but I like the finished look better than wax...

Have a beautiful weekend!💜

Boom! Cosmetics.jpg

Well, @Katie M, I'm just going to have to try it. Thanks for the tip.

Now, for today's news. After meeting with my therapist for an in-person session, and signing a couple of release forms for letters for a surgical consult (top) and preparing for name/gender change, I went around the corner for a wonderful session with her hairdresser.

After that, I picked up my daughter from school, picked up her girlfriend for an overnight, and stopped at a local Culver's since we were all very hungry. All the customers were older women (like me) from the Del Webb retirement community across the street. I was addressed as ma'am, and, since I'd been in the salon chair for 2 1/2 hours, followed by another 45 minutes in the car, I had to use the ladies room - and that was another first. A good day, I should say.

Here are the old Hannah and the new Hannah.

IMG_20220408_144132789~2.jpg

IMG_20220408_144018900~2.jpg