• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forth time trying makeup and I think I did a thing!  The first time was a horrific failure and I may or may not have cried...  more than a little. 

20220902_002644.jpg

20220902_002455.jpg

20220902_002132.jpg

20220902_002100.jpg

20220901_234506.jpg

20220901_234420.jpg

20220901_231250.jpg

20220901_231344.jpg

Hi Ticket For Epic,

Wow, that looks so natural. To me it looks like you make your makeup like this everyday.

Also I like your style a lot. That cardigan, boots, hair, make up... everything fits together perfectly!

I had my fist makeup experience lately that totaly went south.

My therapist told me I should give it another try or two, which I haven't done yet.

You motivated me to do it, thank you so much for that!

For me today I will wear my new shoes. Unfortunately they will hide my painted toenails that I love so much. But I will paint my fingernails later in the same color before going to a friends BBQ party. Hope I do not forget to take a picture to show you.

20220721_091342.jpg

20220725_121004.jpg

@This Ichi thank you so much!  

I don't have much to offer in advice but I think the biggest difference this time was that I gave myself PLENTY of time (made an evening of it) and let go of expectations and just played.  Oh, and I learned that you can do your eyes first instead of last and it made a world of difference.  Don't like it the look? Wipe that crap off and try again.  

This is the tutorial I used to get that eye should you be interested.  

Because of his male brow I feel like I get a more realistic idea of what to expect in regards to results.

Also, I don't know it it's just me but it always seems like I'm not getting any product on until BAM...  way too much.   So went with a light touch and softer colors because mistake don't seem to pop too much.

Also, also...  I am obsessed with those Converse All Stars. 

Thanks again, your comments made my morning!

Much luv♀️🧚‍♀️🌈

23 hours ago, Ticket For Epic said:

@This Ichi thank you so much!  

I don't have much to offer in advice but I think the biggest difference this time was that I gave myself PLENTY of time (made an evening of it) and let go of expectations and just played.  Oh, and I learned that you can do your eyes first instead of last and it made a world of difference.  Don't like it the look? Wipe that crap off and try again.  

This is the tutorial I used to get that eye should you be interested.  

Because of his male brow I feel like I get a more realistic idea of what to expect in regards to results.

Also, I don't know it it's just me but it always seems like I'm not getting any product on until BAM...  way too much.   So went with a light touch and softer colors because mistake don't seem to pop too much.

Also, also...  I am obsessed with those Converse All Stars. 

Thanks again, your comments made my morning!

Much luv♀️🧚‍♀️🌈

Softer, lighter color on the eyes is best for most preop trans women. The brow ridge already shadows the eye lids so putting darker smoky colors can accentuate the brow ridge. You did wonderful. With time you can recreate this in 5 minutes. My routine is to put on a moisturizer/spf lotion on first, go make coffee and let that absorb a few minutes. Then I use a powder foundation with a sponge and then brush it out with a big brush. I will add a little blush and blend that. Then eye shadow and brow pencil. Caveat, I have very light hair so I need the brow pencil and I also don’t need concealer since my beard is white and mostly gone from electro. Last a touch of mascara.  5-6 minutes.  If I am going out for a formal evening then I will do some highlights or bronzer and it might take 10 minutes. I am not into contouring or heavy makeup. 

2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Softer, lighter color on the eyes is best for most preop trans women. The brow ridge already shadows the eye lids so putting darker smoky colors can accentuate the brow ridge. You did wonderful. With time you can recreate this in 5 minutes. My routine is to put on a moisturizer/spf lotion on first, go make coffee and let that absorb a few minutes. Then I use a powder foundation with a sponge and then brush it out with a big brush. I will add a little blush and blend that. Then eye shadow and brow pencil. Caveat, I have very light hair so I need the brow pencil and I also don’t need concealer since my beard is white and mostly gone from electro. Last a touch of mascara.  5-6 minutes.  If I am going out for a formal evening then I will do some highlights or bronzer and it might take 10 minutes. I am not into contouring or heavy makeup. 

10 minutes!!!??!?! That took me almost two hours!  😅   Being a ginger I to got lucky with my beard,  though it is thick and coarse (That's the right coarse... I think?) It is ginger colored and only slightly darker than my foundation, so my green tinted primer seems to do the trick.  I know you can see my mustache a touch in those photos but I didn't go in for a close shave as I am REALLY, REALLY prone to razor burn, was just practicing and not planning on a photo shoot. 😳

I also ditched my conture palette and went in with my eyeshadow palette instead, just to keep me from looking washed out.  I also learn about something called the... 'star zone' I think?  But anyway, I smiled when I initially applied foundation and avoided my wrinkles then blended into those areas.  Cut down on the appearance of my wrinkles by orders of magnitude!

Anyway, thank you so much for you words of wisdom and encouragement, really means a lot.

FYI-  I'm also here for constructive criticism, so if you ever see an "Oh honey, no..."  don't be afraid to say something.  I'd much rather find out here than go out thinking I've "done a thing"  lol!  For instance, I love that blue top but I'd never go out in it because of my arms.  I did my best to minimize them in the photos but I'm relatively muscular and anything less than half sleeve just will not do. 

Never thought I say this but...  I can't wait for winter and layers, big, thick, form hiding layers.  Masks and layers= anonymity and anonymity is a warm blanket!

Sorry, that kindo of got away from me at the end there. 😉

Much luv🤸‍♀️♀️🌈🧚‍♀️

9 minutes ago, Ticket For Epic said:

For instance, I love that blue top but I'd never go out in it because of my arms.  I did my best to minimize them in the photos but I'm relatively muscular and anything less than half sleeve just will not do. 

Much luv🤸‍♀️♀️🌈🧚‍♀️

Plenty of muscular ladies out there but you could get a super light white almost see through cardigan/ cover that drapes over the shoulders and deltoids  for your sleeveless top 

7 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Plenty of muscular ladies out there but you could get a super light white almost see through cardigan/ cover that drapes over the shoulders and deltoids  for your sleeveless top 

That will definitely happen!  I do have a bit of a cardigan addiction, I can't seem to leave a thrift shop without a new one, 🤣.

I'd like a time machine so that I could go back and find whoever it was that decided women shouldn't be muscular...  and beat them until they change their mind or haven't a mind to change it with, whichever comes first.

7 hours ago, Ticket For Epic said:

That will definitely happen!  I do have a bit of a cardigan addiction, I can't seem to leave a thrift shop without a new one, 🤣.

I'd like a time machine so that I could go back and find whoever it was that decided women shouldn't be muscular...  and beat them until they change their mind or haven't a mind to change it with, whichever comes first.

Your strong arms would come in handy there 😅.

At least I did notice that over the last years the akzeptance of strong women increased quite a bit. My wife (separated) was a bodybuilder, so I was exposed to that topic all the time.

Thank both of you for your makeup tipps! They will come in handy soon. At the moment I am trying to find my look, for going 100% feminine. Not sure if I will feel comfortable going out, but I would love to try it.

Since I did powerlifting in my past I also have quite strong arms. That makes finding feminine clothing extremely difficult for me.

I did forget to make a picture on friday (and i hate selfies). But here at least are my nails. It was the first time for me painting them so do not take a closer look, but for the first time it worked out OK.

I had some time to kill before my flight back from Chicago last week and there is a Fashion Outlet Mall right there so in I went. My fave brands for work attire involve White House-Black Market (pictured), Kate Spade dresses (not bags) Tory Burch bags, Chicos, Ann Taylor, Ralph Lauren and Tommy Bahamas.  This dress was the only thing I like that day and was only $39. It's a knit sweater dress although it is very light so can go 3 seasons.  In the fall I will wear it with my black knee high boots. 

My advice for people is to thrift shop and try things on at the shop. (wear a tight cami spaghetti strap top and either yoga pants or yoda shorts to shop in so you can just try things on in the aisles. ). Even if you don't like the colors, try the brands to find sizes and styles that compliment you.  Once you have narrowed that down, you can seek out those brands/sizes at other thrifts/consign/poshmark.  If you are fairly new to clothes shopping/styling just know you will go through some phases as you figure out your preferences.  Thrifting keeps the initial investment down a bit.  Also, if you have a descent consignment shop in the area, you can re-consign things that don't fit you or your style anymore. I've found some amazing things at thrift stores for $5-$10. I wore them for a season then consigned them for twice the payout to help defer the costs of my closet.

IMG_0370.jpg

• Forum Moderator
34 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

yoda shorts

Like these? You GO girl!

Kids Baby Yoda Grogu Biker Shorts, Grogu Shorts, Baby Yoda Set, Star Wars  Shorts, Mandalorian, Girls Disney Shorts, Hollywood Studios Outfit

Apparently I am in a black and white mode.  This dress is a Ralph Lauren bodycon with ruching and blocked side panels. The shoes are a kinda open toe leather pump by "dexaflex comfort" They were sold through payless originally but I get them off of poshmark. They aren't the designer brand kinda thing but they fit big feet well and are really comfy. I can wear these all day. I had to go bold chunky gold necklace, anything daintier got lost in the dress pattern. You can't see through my hair but I have gold flat loops for earrings.  After today it is back to tropical wear, heading to FL for 4 days.

IMG_0398.thumb.jpg.3b6c028ceab3127ae37569a3e2a61084.jpg

56 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

Apparently I am in a black and white mode.  This dress is a Ralph Lauren bodycon with ruching and blocked side panels. The shoes are a kinda open toe leather pump by "dexaflex comfort" They were sold through payless originally but I get them off of poshmark. They aren't the designer brand kinda thing but they fit big feet well and are really comfy. I can wear these all day. I had to go bold chunky gold necklace, anything daintier got lost in the dress pattern. You can't see through my hair but I have gold flat loops for earrings.  After today it is back to tropical wear, heading to FL for 4 days.

IMG_0398.thumb.jpg.3b6c028ceab3127ae37569a3e2a61084.jpg

Ooo la la 

On 9/6/2022 at 11:13 AM, Jackie C. said:

Like these? You GO girl!

Kids Baby Yoda Grogu Biker Shorts, Grogu Shorts, Baby Yoda Set, Star Wars  Shorts, Mandalorian, Girls Disney Shorts, Hollywood Studios Outfit

Those are not Yoda shorts, they're Grogu shorts! :D

• Forum Moderator
54 minutes ago, MetaLicious said:

Those are not Yoda shorts, they're Grogu shorts! :D

I mean, true, but Grogu has pretty much eclipsed Yoda in merchandising and I didn't want to spend all day hunting an image for a throw-away joke. Besides, he was "Baby-Yoda" for like the first 80% of season one, so I think it still counts.

Hugs!

My wife spent a nice amount of time doing my hair up for the first time in many many years. I like it, and wanted to show her work off. Just wish it were thicker lol.

885C9796-6659-4398-92DA-37AB5B257021.jpeg