• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

This!  When I was trying to be a man, I rarely smiled.  I mastered the serious reserved staredown look.  Couple that with my overwhelming anxiety and fear of dentistry where I let my teeth go to -crap- and you had a person habituated to being reserved and embarrassed about their smile when it did come out. Now I have a situation where I LOVE to smile but seriously need to get drugged and have a lot of dental work to make that smile pretty. My inability not to smile (double negative I know) has led me to try and overcome my fear and start taking care of my dental situation.  The only thin stopping me from dealing with my teeth now are finances. It's going to cost about $17k :(. I need 3 implants and an additional couple of cavities filled.  It might take a minute to figure that out.

Same here Bri, I have not been near a dentist since I left the Navy in 2000, teeth like an abused piano, I for 1 was happy when we all had to wear masks....lol

On 4/3/2022 at 1:44 PM, SaraB said:

You want to go to Chestertown if you need anything. Progressive college town.

I may be exposing too much for someone who's hiding behind an identity-concealing Internet handle, but I have to speak up at this: I went to that college (there's only one in C-town). How funny that years later on this little corner of the Internet somebody happens to mention it out of the blue. And oh yes, so red the necks roundabout thataway... 😄

Not wearing anything fancy - but wanted to share a pic after trying my makeup kit from BOOM! By Cindy Joseph...as I shared in another post, this makeup is designed for quick, easy, everyday use by older women - and it IS easy! I used the "Glo Stick" as a basic moisturizer (applying with the stick itself and blending with fingers). Next, I used the "Color Stick" as lipstick and blush on cheeks and a little on my forehead (again blending with fingers). Next it was the "Glimmer Stick" on my eyelids, brow bone and highlight upper cheek bones). I also tried their no-clump mascara, which worked beautifully and finished my lips with their lip gloss. I really like the products, and I literally went from no makeup to "out the door" in less than 5 minutes. I'll be using this stuff a LOT!

One other thing new today - I had my eyebrows threaded instead of waxed...it hurt a bit, but I like the finished look better than wax...

Have a beautiful weekend!💜

Boom! Cosmetics.jpg

10 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

If I had any doubts before, I certainly don't now.

I'm happy that you had such a wonderful "milestone" day, Hannah! 💜

• Forum Moderator
19 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

After that, I picked up my daughter from school, picked up her girlfriend for an overnight, and stopped at a local Culver's since we were all very hungry. All the customers were older women (like me) from the Del Webb retirement community across the street. I was addressed as ma'am, and, since I'd been in the salon chair for 2 1/2 hours, followed by another 45 minutes in the car, I had to use the ladies room - and that was another first. A good day, I should say.

Here are the old Hannah and the new Hannah.

Hannah, you look very nice in both the before and after pictures.

I do see the differences, and I'm sure that since you had two young ladies with you, nobody thought or viewed you as anything else but a mother, daughter family outing. I'm glad you're getting to reach all of these first experiences without confrontation.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Finally had the right weather to wear my new maxi dress that's been in my closet for the last two months! I went shopping for a few hours, and took full advantage of a panty sale at Soma and then picked up two pairs of flaired leggings, a top, and a sports bra at Fabletics. Then a picnic lunch at the park before heading home!

April 9th.jpg

14 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

Sounds like a lovely day for a lovely lady.

You're sweet, Hannah - and it was a lovely day!💜

Granted, they're my jammies for tonight but I wanted to feel pretty so I wore a tank top and a skirt.

Y'all, I'm a pretty boy tonight!

My text response response when asked out yesterday: You had me at "brunch". 

I was so excited not just to have a date but Sunday morning brunch dress was all ready then she said it was at Silver Diner so fancy Sunday dress isn't coming out of the closet bt I thought this spaghetti strap almost maxi dress would be fun. Of course it's a tad chilly for spaghetti straps hence the black denim crop. I will pair with some black slip on leather shoes.

1A11D75A-9E1D-45D8-AAA2-EED54FC28EAC.jpeg

C356DB31-A60B-42EE-920C-C5FBD1D3B59A.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

Of course it's a tad chilly for spaghetti straps hence the black denim crop.

You look great! I love the look of a midi or maxi with a crop denim top!

6 hours ago, Susan R said:

@Hannah Renee Lovely changes. Love the boots too. 😘

@Katie M You look very relaxed & comfortable in that dress.😃

Thank you, Susan...not only comfortable in a dress - but finally comfortable in my own skin...I've never felt better in my life!

On 4/8/2022 at 5:41 PM, Hannah Renee said:

Well, @Katie M, I'm just going to have to try it. Thanks for the tip.

Now, for today's news. After meeting with my therapist for an in-person session, and signing a couple of release forms for letters for a surgical consult (top) and preparing for name/gender change, I went around the corner for a wonderful session with her hairdresser.

After that, I picked up my daughter from school, picked up her girlfriend for an overnight, and stopped at a local Culver's since we were all very hungry. All the customers were older women (like me) from the Del Webb retirement community across the street. I was addressed as ma'am, and, since I'd been in the salon chair for 2 1/2 hours, followed by another 45 minutes in the car, I had to use the ladies room - and that was another first. A good day, I should say.

Here are the old Hannah and the new Hannah.

IMG_20220408_144132789~2.jpg

IMG_20220408_144018900~2.jpg

Yay! So great to see your face! You look great sis! I can't wait until I get a wig and start HRT so I can start feeling more myself. I'm jealous and proud of you ladies for all you're doing ❤️ I have my first appt with gender care services at the end of May and hopefully I'll get started on things then and start seeing a therapist.

I will post later what I will wear out tonight to meet a friend but I’m excited to show off my new shoe storage!  

FAD70F8E-A0CF-49E4-AA3F-C22F38912D40.jpeg

Hats count, right?  I picked up this cute sun hat today.  Now I need to put together an outfit that goes with it!

Fun hat.jpg

10 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

I will post later what I will wear out tonight to meet a friend but I’m excited to show off my new shoe storage!  

FAD70F8E-A0CF-49E4-AA3F-C22F38912D40.jpeg

omg them shoe's I seriously need to go shopping. I don't have one pair yet xxxx

On 4/8/2022 at 11:43 PM, Hannah Renee said:

1160978120_IMG_20220408_1126406592.thumb.jpg.7daf73b3d4e5f1fb146a2c7ea6cd2f20.jpgOops. Wrong pic for the old.

IMG_20220408_112640659~2.jpg

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, Becoming Diana said:

Hats count, right? 

@Becoming Diana I agree that a Red Scarf would be the next item, and you're off. I also agree with @Hannah Reneethat I need to go beyond visors, an ball caps. I do rely of ball caps to keep my long hair in a loose ponytail without using a scrunchie.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

10 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

I have a number of ball-type caps, which are good sun as hade for my walks. Looks like I'll need to branch out into something more stylish.

Having to wear ball caps as uniform in the military and then on my job turned me against ball caps.  To each their own I guess.

Been trying to get back in the habit of walks by the river.  I used to go regularly, but then covid, and also a flood washed out a lot of the trail.  But they're getting tings put back together now.  I was down there this morning.

image.jpeg.e248e0c8eec9f929aec6f34a9e127a2f.jpeg

15 hours ago, Miss idk said:

omg them shoe's I seriously need to go shopping. I don't have one pair yet xxxx

I would totally go with you if I there wasn't an ocean between us. lol

I'm up to 27 pairs and still, I can't find the right shoe for the occasion/outfit half the time.