• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I was thinking about having the first one made a little more tribal rose-ish, the second is supposed to green shading to look like there is a light behind it, never got it done. Was thinking fuchsia, it's my favorite color.  This is the best I can do on my own for a picture of the one on my back. It's really old and needs something.

IMG_4068.jpeg

Definitely, now that I can see it more clearly, I'm thinking some kind of contrasting colors. Right now it all kind of bleeds together. It needs something to make it pop!

Hugs!

On 2/19/2021 at 5:15 AM, ElizabethStar said:

Yes, this. I hated getting dressed before especially suits and ties. Now here it is Friday morning. I'm drinking my coffee thinking about what I'm going to wear to work. Thoughts of: can I wear that top with those bottoms, what shoes to wear (I need more shoes), have I worn that before? Recently?

Figuring out what to wear makes me so happy in the mornings, unless I'm running late and hate everything I try on that day. lol. You cannot possible have enough shoes.  When you find a style that fits, get at least two color options in that style!  

On 2/18/2021 at 5:41 PM, AgnesBardsie said:

Went  shopping at Walmart. Lots of bargains! Bought a complete wardrobe. The outside is starting to come into synch with the inside. I can easily see dressing this way every day around the house. It will take a bit of confidence to step out the door and march into the world looking like this. 

All those ladies who have posted about unkind words from strangers. You are so brave! You give me courage!

Deep breaths!

me dressjpg.jpg

You look fabulous! The necklace choice is spot on and completes it.  You should so go out like this. No one would bat an eye except in jealousy. 

Today I woke up and jumped in the shower before work and didn't want to get my hair wet so I pulled it all up and used a big clip to keep it out of the water.  When I got out my wife said I looked cute with my hair that way so just kept it that way for work. I got 3 comments of "you look pretty/cute/love your hair so I thought I would share ;).  I've never gone out with my hair up before. I can get used to this. lol

C6DDA31B-F344-4E3B-A87E-494CD9356C04.thumb.jpeg.92bdb04c500ddda6ef3a7236841bd63d.jpeg

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

When you find a style that fits, get at least two color options in that style!  

Well, wear them around a little and figure out if it's comfortable. THEN go buy a couple more pairs. I have some shoes that fit, but I'd consider them more "sitting shoes" than "walking shoes." Oh how they hurt my delicate *SIZE 13* feet.

Hugs!

Went up in the country to see a friend since I had to go to the store anyway.  Ended up riding with her over to see a few more ladies.  (although I'm not sure the conversation was all that "ladylike")

IMG_2027.jpg.114d9f1fc8c5f8fa76218e8c2dd5993b.jpg

Beautiful day outside, -1°C and sunny. Running out to the laundry and all I have are these old clothes. ? Okay, that's not true but I really need to dress up and be myself. It is my weekend, and the weekend, after all.

20210220_140423.jpg

20210220_140756.jpg

Having another video chat with my fam-damily today. We'll see how things go with my mom. Last time I spoke to her she kept calling me "son." I didn't push back too hard because I don't think she remembered that I'm transitioning, plus it was over phone via voice only so she couldn't see how femme I was presenting. Now that she and my siblings will be able to see me it'll be interesting. Then afterwards I'll have an online course to attend. Wish me luck.

No outfits to show off. Unless I think of an interesting combination of what little I have I've run out of ideas. Maybe I'll try some of the skirts that I have, although the really nice one is too big around the waist to wear properly. ?

Today I'm trying pink eyeshadow with plum. Previously it was yellow with plum.

20210221_081941.jpg

Pink and plum seems to work well for you so a looking good is in order here.

I wish I could wear eye shadow for longer than a few minutes because I am allergic to most of the brands on the market.

I do the smoky eye thing most of the time and use a hypo allergenic brand If I can find it,stores don't carry much selection of HA makeup.

• Forum Moderator

You look warm @Maddee. I'm a little jealous, I'm freezing over here on the other side of the lake!

Hugs!

Somebody needs to send Jackie some hot tea or soup immediately;)

I wear alot of layers and keep moving.  Today is like a relative heat wave here in Wisco.  Still dressed for ten below.

On 2/20/2021 at 9:30 AM, Jackie C. said:

Definitely, now that I can see it more clearly, I'm thinking some kind of contrasting colors. Right now it all kind of bleeds together. It needs something to make it pop!

Hugs!

I wish my son was still doing tattoos. He's awesome at this kind of stuff. He can visualize and do freehand like his mom.

On 2/20/2021 at 10:26 AM, Bri2020 said:

Figuring out what to wear makes me so happy in the mornings, unless I'm running late and hate everything I try on that day. lol. You cannot possible have enough shoes.  When you find a style that fits, get at least two color options in that style!  

You look fabulous! The necklace choice is spot on and completes it.  You should so go out like this. No one would bat an eye except in jealousy. 

I agree. Great combo. Your hair looks just like mine right now, except you have a lot more on top. I'm trying to get it to come back. It feels like I have some new growth.

Jamie

On 2/20/2021 at 10:29 AM, Bri2020 said:

Today I woke up and jumped in the shower before work and didn't want to get my hair wet so I pulled it all up and used a big clip to keep it out of the water.  When I got out my wife said I looked cute with my hair that way so just kept it that way for work. I got 3 comments of "you look pretty/cute/love your hair so I thought I would share ;).  I've never gone out with my hair up before. I can get used to this. lol

C6DDA31B-F344-4E3B-A87E-494CD9356C04.thumb.jpeg.92bdb04c500ddda6ef3a7236841bd63d.jpeg

I agree. Looks great on you.

22 hours ago, Drayse said:

Beautiful day outside, -1°C and sunny. Running out to the laundry and all I have are these old clothes. ? Okay, that's not true but I really need to dress up and be myself. It is my weekend, and the weekend, after all.

20210220_140423.jpg

20210220_140756.jpg

You go girl! Have fun.

4 hours ago, Drayse said:

Having another video chat with my fam-damily today. We'll see how things go with my mom. Last time I spoke to her she kept calling me "son." I didn't push back too hard because I don't think she remembered that I'm transitioning, plus it was over phone via voice only so she couldn't see how femme I was presenting. Now that she and my siblings will be able to see me it'll be interesting. Then afterwards I'll have an online course to attend. Wish me luck.

No outfits to show off. Unless I think of an interesting combination of what little I have I've run out of ideas. Maybe I'll try some of the skirts that I have, although the really nice one is too big around the waist to wear properly. ?

Today I'm trying pink eyeshadow with plum. Previously it was yellow with plum.

20210221_081941.jpg

Good luck with your family. You look pretty today.

3 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Good luck with your family.

3 hours ago, Teri Anne said:

good luck with the family video chat

I appreciate the encouragement. Unfortunately there was a mix up in the schedule and I got called into work, so no video chat. I had planned to dress a lot more femme today, but I had to rush and get dressed to go to work so I'm dressed a lot more masc than I wanted to be. It's caused me a small amount of dysphoria this morning though I seem to have gotten over it now.

I have been reassured however, that next weekend will get both days off.

1 hour ago, Drayse said:

I appreciate the encouragement. Unfortunately there was a mix up in the schedule and I got called into work, so no video chat. I had planned to dress a lot more femme today, but I had to rush and get dressed to go to work so I'm dressed a lot more masc than I wanted to be. It's caused me a small amount of dysphoria this morning though I seem to have gotten over it now.

I have been reassured however, that next weekend will get both days off.

Bummer. Have a great day anyway.

1 hour ago, Jandi said:

Just staying home today.  Plenty of sun, but it's not warm - at least by our standards.

IMG_2045.jpg.686a35568c14ae891c7cfddbef743f19.jpg

love the skirt.  Your "neck of the woods" look awesome for mushroom foraging, a hobby of mine.