• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

Today I'm wearing this. I did change shoe colors, and jewelry, most important is the smile on my face. It is genuine. 

LM♥️

Today27.jpg

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you girls, I plan on buying several more pairs of leggings and a nice top that can go over the first top. I really want a white cardigan. but it depends what I can find. On the up side, I've lost weight to the point where I went from a 4-5x pants to now a 3 x. I just need to keep going so I can find more things in my size. :)

I'm so jealous of you girls. I'm still trying to develop my style. Still trying to learn what goes with what. I have a lot to learn.

4 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Yeah, I was just thinking that about the layers. I'd go with the first top with another layer over that to cover my shoulders. Preferably in a solid black or at least a dark blue. Personally, I'd try to match with the color of the leggings and let the top be my accent. I'd add some simple jewelry (a chain or pendant, silver because gold looks awful on me) and I'd be good to go.

The patterned top won't work with the polka-dots. Way too busy.

Hugs!

I agree with Jackie.

I tend to go with print bottoms solid top or print top solid bottoms.

Layering works too but the only way to find out what looks good together is try it on.

I wear leggings and jeggings a lot and I am short and fat but I love them. I don't care what others think I wear them because they are comfortable.

I think your Mom suggestion with the polka dot leggings I would rock that look for sure.

1 hour ago, Holly Elizabeth said:

I'm so jealous of you girls. I'm still trying to develop my style. Still trying to learn what goes with what. I have a lot to learn.

I’ve been kinda copying my friend’s style. Of course I asked her first then she gave me a bag of clothes. 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Teri Anne said:

I just look at women and what they wear and try to copy the ones I think look nice.

So do most women. Of course the next step is where you think to yourself, "That looks great on HER, but would it look great on ME?" Tragically I'm built like a 2x4 so often the answer is, "No, I'd need breasts to pull that off." I miss changing rooms. Trying things on in the store was awesome.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Teri Anne said:

the only way to find out what looks good together is try it on.

This so happens when I'm trying to get ready to go out.  Back when I was living as a guy it was so simple.  It's insane how many changes I make before I get out the door.

I love my cardigan for layering.  And the right necklace can draw attention from where you don't want it to be sure.

Its funny how I bought a load of stuff online recently. I'm desperate to go proper shopping, anyway. Bought a nice shirt to wear with jeans on my last counselling session, only for my counsellor to come on the Skype chat in exactly the same outfit. So much for individual style haha.

2 hours ago, Holly Elizabeth said:

Hi, @Holly Elizabeth!  There IS a lot to learn.  A couple of helpful sources I've found to feel more confident and better understand women's fashion:

1. If you're interested in dress styles, check out the information presented at the bottom of this link:https://www.kohls.com/catalog/womens-dresses-clothing.jsp?CN=Gender:Womens+Category:Dresses+Department:Clothing
  2. Hundreds of terms on fashion defined in plain English:
    https://www.kohls.com/ecom/valueadded/Glossary.htm

Best wishes!

Astrid

I’m learning the plight of womanhood. I changed 3 times this morning before heading to work. 

I have been out for a little over a decade and I am still learning fashion stuff so I just keep my eyes open and pick items I like.

Still learning make up tips and tricks from women I know too so I guess the learning never stops.

I used to wear some body con type dresses and A line dresses that were snug fitting when I was smaller  and they actually make great  long tops now paired with leggings and jeans.

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I’m learning the plight of womanhood. I changed 3 times this morning before heading to work. 

I feel that Elizabeth, I have discovered I can sometimes change outfits 7 times and still be trying to find the OOTD. (outfit of they day)

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, Teri Anne said:

I used to wear some body con type dresses and A line dresses that were snug fitting when I was smaller  and they actually make great  long tops now paired with leggings and jeans.

@Teri Anne, I do this with a few of my dresses too. Most are longer than tunics but still work for this purpose. They work perfectly with jeans and leggings if I have a complimentary matching color...and I always do! lol

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

This is what happens when you have choices...so many choices.

• Forum Moderator

@gina-nicole-t Emptying your closet is like opening a flood gate. It’ll fill up just as fast as you emptied it. Your lucky the ladies dressing rooms are closed. It would likely fill up even faster if they were open. ?

My guy closet has more ladies clothes than mens clothes.

I need to do some closet cleaning and get rid of a bunch of stuff I have been holding on to  but I doubt I will ever be able to fit in any time soon so they need to go.

I have stuff I bought last fall on sale and I am too big for those now.:(  Clothes are a constant issue with me.

1 hour ago, Teri Anne said:

My guy closet has more ladies clothes than mens clothes.

I need to do some closet cleaning and get rid of a bunch of stuff I have been holding on to  but I doubt I will ever be able to fit in any time soon so they need to go.

This was one of my BIG milestones. Getting rid of any shall we say clothes from my past lives. To me it was one of the most profound moments and meant this was my way forwald. However it did hearld the end of that life. In a way I suppose it was just part of the mourning process. Like you get the clothing of someone who has passed away together before taking them to a charity shop. He was now gone completly. But this new and improved person had arisen from his ashes. So it was also a celebration.

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Susan R said:

It’ll fill up just as fast as you emptied it.

Faster. I've got at least twice as many options than I used to and even less places to put them.

Hugs!

My go to outfit is usually a skirt and top but after all the comments about the closet I took inventory of my own and realized I have a lot of dresses that I rarely wear.  So, two things about me and dresses.  The first is: there are only a couple of styles I think look good on me.  The second, and probably the reason I don't wear them much, is because I have always thought of a dress as a dressier form of attire.  Looking at my dress collection now, I realize many of them aren't any dressier than some of the skirt-top combinations I wear.  

Recognizing this, I should probably wear dresses more often.  

1 hour ago, Sally Stone said:

My go to outfit is usually a skirt and top but after all the comments about the closet I took inventory of my own and realized I have a lot of dresses that I rarely wear.  So, two things about me and dresses.  The first is: there are only a couple of styles I think look good on me.  The second, and probably the reason I don't wear them much, is because I have always thought of a dress as a dressier form of attire.  Looking at my dress collection now, I realize many of them aren't any dressier than some of the skirt-top combinations I wear.  

Recognizing this, I should probably wear dresses more often.  

I find i go through periods where i prefer to wear dresses and other times a skirt and top. Guess thats a great aspect of womens clothes that you can change what you like to wear depending on your mood. Lots more options than boring mens clothes lol.

2 hours ago, Jodie said:

Lots more options than boring mens clothes lol.

Jodie, you couldn't be more right!  Men's clothing is uninspiring and dull.  When I wore men's business attire daily the only way to express my sense of fashion was to change up the necktie.  I hated it!  It would have been so much more inspiring had I been able to wear women's business attire.  I would have rocked the workplace!

• Forum Moderator

Today is a working day on the farm when old jeans, a UPF 50 shirt and a sunhat are necessary.  Not as ladylike as i'd like but i won't be going to town.  I'm fixing the shed where the buck goats lived and where our new ram lambs will live.  A busy time here as spring comes in.  

Hugs,

Charlize