• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

• Forum Moderator

Eh, I never wear makeup. Mostly because I don't really know how. ?

Honestly though, you look great!

Hugs!

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

You look fine.  Many women never wear make up. 

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I never wear makeup. Mostly because I don't really know how. 

Same

2 hours ago, Stefi said:

This was the first time out dressed in women's cloths. I was scared but anxious at the same time. I said hi to a couple of people and the store cashier with no  "scary" outcomes.

This is a big step.  Glad it went okay for you.

4 hours ago, Teri Anne said:

I did the wild hair color when I first went 24/7 back in 2008.

Not sure why I did it and wasn't happy with it after a few weeks.

I guess it was the freedom of finally being out and I was trying to make a statement.

What that statement was I have no clue.LOL

Be free and do what makes you happy.

Both I and my daughter can relate to this - it really has nothing to do with being Trans, but to do with others trying to control how we behave. I have always got into trouble over being required to follow convention - even when it makes no sense. Having freedom to choose how we live and behave (provided it does no damage to others) has been my mantra for quite a long time - even before I came out as genderfluid. I mention my daughter because she has from day one challenged us as her parents (and everyone else) to justify any restrictions imposed on her, just because that's how things are done!

I aim to challenge convention until the end!

One of my daughters keeps trying to get me to dye (what is left of) my hair.  I just remind her that I'm 70 yrs old. 

Actually I have considered it at times.

Since I’ve doing a ton off yard work I figured I should have designated clothes. Most of it light-duty so I figured I wear regular gym style outfit. I just finished for the night and still have some makeup on so I’m a bit of a mess. 

6791E41E-DA79-4F9A-A362-9EC7AF60BF19.jpeg

This may not seem like much of a step to many here, but, this is my step towards an androgynous presentation. The clues are there...... ?

004C2F44-7A7E-4454-AC99-5CD7EEE01D46.thumb.jpeg.7192a73e514236ef503a20b349f2f208.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

I really like those jeans Pix!

@Elizabeth Star, I like the leggings. Not sure I'm brave enough to parade around in just a sports top like that though. I'm too self-conscious.

@Jandi, I've often thought about going with a hair color not normally found in nature. I still might. Not for everyday. but...

Hugs!

Love the look Pixie.

I did the andro thing for quite a while well since the late 80s.

Felt it was a good way to let my femme side spread her wings a little.

Baby steps  is what I called it.

On 5/20/2021 at 4:51 PM, Maddee said:

IMG_20210520_170503348.jpg

I know that look. lol

Met a friend uptown for a couple of pints.

It's nice to be able to get out again.

IMG_2243.jpg.0a9048444372d1fcd075ba38db85ebd5.jpg

tysm @Teri Anne & @Maddee  

when I didn’t get any responses, I was beginning to wonder whether posting a pic which wasn’t completely mtf was somehow... unwelcome?  Anyway, you’ve  allayed those fears. 

What’s interesting, is..... how did my day go out and about?

To answer tht, I have to point out what the clues are. Taking it from the top, that pendant is a neutrois colours pendant. The top is a female one, size 8, with split sides. I tried to get a fit which could gather at the waist a bit. Didn’t quite succeed there but hey. Red string bracelet? Jeans are women’s, skinny, low rise, stretch size 8. These were the most difficult part to manage. Needed hitching up every time I stood up. And lastly, although not in the pic, I wore espadrilles, black. 

so that’s how I went out visiting, shopping etc. It was a chilly day so I took a jacket with me, which also served as a cover up if needed. 

nobody - friends strangers - seemed to notice anything. I did get one comment of ‘when did you get the t shirt?, nice’. 

But, hold-up. What’s the objective here? Remember, I’m trying to present androgynous. So, It’s turned into a bit of a reverse ‘game’ of passing. I.e. wear women’s clothes to step away from masculine but not appear feminine. 

i don’t think I can go much further towards feminine without actually blowing it. Just a bit more of the same. 

so next on my list is a denim jacket. 

and lose some more weight!!

8 hours ago, PixieOfTheHills said:

tysm @Teri Anne & @Maddee  

when I didn’t get any responses, I was beginning to wonder whether posting a pic which wasn’t completely mtf was somehow... unwelcome?  Anyway, you’ve  allayed those fears. 

What’s interesting, is..... how did my day go out and about?

To answer tht, I have to point out what the clues are. Taking it from the top, that pendant is a neutrois colours pendant. The top is a female one, size 8, with split sides. I tried to get a fit which could gather at the waist a bit. Didn’t quite succeed there but hey. Red string bracelet? Jeans are women’s, skinny, low rise, stretch size 8. These were the most difficult part to manage. Needed hitching up every time I stood up. And lastly, although not in the pic, I wore espadrilles, black. 

so that’s how I went out visiting, shopping etc. It was a chilly day so I took a jacket with me, which also served as a cover up if needed. 

nobody - friends strangers - seemed to notice anything. I did get one comment of ‘when did you get the t shirt?, nice’. 

But, hold-up. What’s the objective here? Remember, I’m trying to present androgynous. So, It’s turned into a bit of a reverse ‘game’ of passing. I.e. wear women’s clothes to step away from masculine but not appear feminine. 

i don’t think I can go much further towards feminine without actually blowing it. Just a bit more of the same. 

so next on my list is a denim jacket. 

and lose some more weight!!

You look great and please keep posting. This is for everyone in the gender ID spectrum. Low waisted or hipster waist jeans while they look good on someone with your height, always slip down. Lol. We don’t have the pelvic flair/ angles to hold them up. High waist might be better. Or belts needed which is fun because so many more options then traditional “male” belts.  As far as style: are u looking to blend in and not be noticed as either gender or are u looking to stand out as a fashion statement of androgynous fashion. ( which is a total thing right now) ? 

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

As far as style: are u looking to blend in and not be noticed as either gender or are u looking to stand out as a fashion statement of androgynous fashion. ( which is a total thing right now) ? 

Firstly, tysm for your very kind reply. Boosted me no end!! (I’m BDD at the moment, which is really causing me headaches. Lol). 

Your question is an excellent one which I can’t really answer with....... confidence.... at the moment. I’ll explain. 

As I start this journey I want to gauge reaction to how I present according to how I identify as neutrois/androgynous.

Yesterday went...... well..... people just did not notice (so far as I could tell) that actually I was wearing a female top and jeans and yeah shoes in a Female style. 
in that respect I was happy with the outcome. Had I not blended in, I’d probably have got home in a right state. I saw my ex who knows what’s going on with me and she said later via text ‘Yes it was fem but not overly fem’. So that’s good. 

regarding the future..... if I can build sufficient confidence in my presentation and subsequent reactions, I’d love to carry the standard wider as a person promoting the right to *BE* androgynous in appearance. ‘Fashion’ is probably to strong a word. ‘Style’ would be closer. Indeed, I have a stock answer ready for the first person to pass a negative comment in public. I’ll say ‘it’s called style. Something you clearly know nothing about’. 

oh. And my ex also said ‘Your hair looked great too btw’. Which was nice. And for the benefit of those who missed my introduction...... my new hairstyle is...... male pixie. Ahhhhhh......!! ?

Good morning everyone.  Having my morning coffee on the patio listening to the drone of billions of cicadas in the background. Having a heat wave this week so I’m sporting shorts, slip on sandals and a cami top I tie dyed yesterday. If I were standing u would see the “ heart” shape to it   I made it too low though. C7185793-BBD8-4083-875A-33D51B9E8E00.thumb.jpeg.741e119db94363db058a85e1bbe27117.jpeg

hell @Bri2020, how do you do it? I mean that’s such a high speed pass!! (Btw. That’s a rhetorical question. No answer is requested!!!)

I have a male head and I can’t see myself changing that. It is.... there. Hence I chopped my head off my previous pic. 

On 5/22/2021 at 12:33 AM, PixieOfTheHills said:

This may not seem like much of a step to many here, but, this is my step towards an androgynous presentation. The clues are there...... ?

004C2F44-7A7E-4454-AC99-5CD7EEE01D46.thumb.jpeg.7192a73e514236ef503a20b349f2f208.jpeg

It's a cute out fit and I definitely noticed the necklace. Looks like the  Agender flag.

TBH, I still get a little confused by non-binary people. Not as in I don't understand what it is but how to address them without accidentally being offensive. I do have an enby friend. She goes goes by they/the/theirs/her/she but also boy/guy, not man, not woman and definitely never say girl. They say it's just easier to go by their fist name when speaking to or referring to them which is also the male version of their name.

I'm being a bum today so I'm back in the yoga shorts from last night and hoodie. No makeup, I should at least brush my hair.

IMG_0233(1).jpeg

• Forum Moderator

I'm just in a UPF 50 (sunscreen like protection clothing) to cover myself as much as possible as i work art the haying of the upper meadow.  With my fair skin and a history of skin cancer showing any skin isn't all that wise.  Fortunately i love big floppy hats!

Hugs,

Charlize

Pixie I wouldn't get too hung up on the "style" or "fashion" aspect and deff not cop an attitude with someone if the don't understand how you dress.

I think you will realize the more you dress andro that people don't care how you dress for the most part and if they do comment well so what don't let it bother you.

If you act like their comments don't bother you they will stop commenting because they get no response out of you.

I have been thru all the stuff you are going thru now and I know it seems like a huge deal but its more you worried about what people will think than it really is.

Again people generally don't care what clothes you wear.

Once friends get used to you dressing that way it will be normal.

2 hours ago, PixieOfTheHills said:

hell @Bri2020, how do you do it? I mean that’s such a high speed pass!! (Btw. That’s a rhetorical question. No answer is requested!!!)

Not clear on what you are referring to with "How do you do it": My hair, my presentation, how to tie dye?  I'm not happy with the masculinity of my face if that's what you're referring to but it is what it is for now.  Facial Feminization surg in my near future though.

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

Not clear on what you are referring to with "How do you do it":

I mean you look like you’ve transitioned rly well!! ?

1 hour ago, PixieOfTheHills said:

I mean you look like you’ve transitioned rly well!! ?

Thank you.  9 months HRT and an amazing support system who encourages me to push past my own insecurities and fears.  Turns out, my circle and community is inspired by my authenticity vs condemning it. That makes you want to push yourself honestly.  And with all that support comes a level of happiness I've never had so IMO, happy authentic people just look "natural"