• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

black and turquoise

That would be cool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackie C.

• Elizabeth Star

• Teri Anne

• Bri2020

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The weather is a little cooler today. Perfect for a long skirt.

Top is from Old Navy, L

Skirt is Apt9. It’s a Med but really big. I had to take in the side by 2 inches. 

Boots by Journey, 11

Necklace (one-off), hand crafted from reclaimed copper with a Hematite heart pendant. 

2B624C48-1C1B-4080-84BF-2AB5F8235136.jpeg

my favorite consignment shop is having a sidewalk sale today with everything $5!  Picked up 3 dresses and some nice earrings.  This is what I plan to wear tonight to a town green live music thing.  Liz I thought of you when I saw it on the rack.  

IMG_1591.jpeg

4 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

The weather is a little cooler today. Perfect for a long skirt.

Top is from Old Navy, L

Skirt is Apt9. It’s a Med but really big. I had to take in the side by 2 inches. 

Boots by Journey, 11

Necklace (one-off), hand crafted from reclaimed copper with a Hematite heart pendant. 

2B624C48-1C1B-4080-84BF-2AB5F8235136.jpeg

Love those boots.  I'm really holding on to the illusion that summer will never end here. Today I'm running errands in the convertible, 85 degrees and sunny and I am the "redneck girl next door with bikini top and cutoff jeans. lol.

2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

my favorite consignment shop is having a sidewalk sale today with everything $5!  Picked up 3 dresses and some nice earrings.  This is what I plan to wear tonight to a town green live music thing.  Liz I thought of you when I saw it on the rack.  

IMG_1591.jpeg

I’d definitely wear something like and I like the color too. 

Speaking of wearing, I'm actually glad I'm not transitioning yet. Heat rash has me sitting shirtless in the shop trying to get the sweat off me while it feels like a thousand needles are stabbing me. 

Advice. Wearing a shell necklace as a bracelet with a watch will tear up your arm. 

16276761644422931457930624507502.jpg

2 hours ago, Alice_Sybilina said:

Speaking of wearing, I'm actually glad I'm not transitioning yet. Heat rash has me sitting shirtless in the shop trying to get the sweat off me while it feels like a thousand needles are stabbing me. 

Sounds horrible. I’ve noticed I sweat a lot easier these days. Probably due to body fat  moving to different places. 

1 hour ago, Alice_Sybilina said:

Advice. Wearing a shell necklace as a bracelet with a watch will tear up your arm. 

16276761644422931457930624507502.jpg

But did look cute?

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I have, I like it too. Was also considering black and turquoise but it depends on current hair color. 

Ooh, I usually go white with turquoise. I've got an awesome dressy racerback tank that I like to wear with my white jeans.

Hugs!

23 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Have you considered black AND pink? One of my favorite combinations.

Ooh, mine too. My favorite combos are anything around the pink to purple range paired with anything monochome, like black, white, grey, silver.

3 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I've got an awesome dressy racerback tank that I like to wear with my white jeans.

I can usually un-white anything in about 15 minutes.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Jandi said:

Can you do me? From my picture you can tell my complexion is (generously) "porcelain." Seriously, I use white-out as foundation.

Hugs!

Here’s today, yesterday, and the day before. Hooray for a strapless bra that fits and does what it supposed to do! There’s something to be said for spending decent money at VS. in other news, I’m healing nicely after surgery 2-1/2 weeks ago. 

4B0B3956-042D-4901-A990-4F335EA3B078.jpeg

74DAC0D5-A64C-4F43-8E3A-0BB82E44D623.jpeg

0B3A6341-E024-4AC5-8159-1195F72C8857.jpeg

12 hours ago, Jandi said:

So, I'm not the only one? That's why I like my black. And yet somehow I managed to splash bleach on one of my favorite black tops yesterday.

3 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

somehow I managed to splash bleach on one of my favorite black tops yesterday.

Dang, girl.    You're good at it!

Wow what wonderful outfits @Emily michelle, @Bri2020, @Elizabeth Star and @Maddee

Sorry I've been a bit distracted with work and stuff for the last few days. But yesterday I took public transport for the first time as Niamh to go and see my daughter in London. We went out for a meal and then to a series of bars and clubs in London drinking and dancing together and with other really nice people until around 1am. It's very unlike me and I failed to get any pics from in those clubs - I was just enjoying myself too much :) However I did get one of me at Paddington station on my way back home early this afternoon after having had brunch with my daughter and her boyfriend and I'm still wearing this dress...

IMG_20210731_131458242.jpg

@Elizabeth Starit did look cute, my wife picked it out for me. I tried switching wrists but it just pulled the hair on the other side and drove me crazy. There's pics of it somewhere back in this thread.

Here's something I've been doing. I get nervous and uncomfortable a lot in public with makeup or women's clothing on, then I start acting different and insecure and my wife ends up having to deal with it. My solution, soul surgery. I'm making sure to go out every time at least in makeup, at least enough to be noticeable. Then I refuse to let myself feel self-conscious, I tell myself that this is my world and I am a performer so I want to be seen. I stand tall and hold my head up and smile and I make myself feel proud. 

I don't know if this helps anyone here but I wanted to tell you all in case anyone did find it helpful. 

1 hour ago, Alice_Sybilina said:

I tell myself that this is my world and I am a performer so I want to be seen.

I'm an absolutely useless performer. When I go out as Niamh, I don't consider I am performing as Niamh, I am just being Niamh who is a woman. The rest seems to follow naturally and I'm probably way more confident a person as Niamh than I am being Neil. I don't expect that to make anything easier for you, just that's how it is for me.

IMG_0711.thumb.jpeg.10b2a50e3bd6ea66502758f7784d178b.jpeg

This is what I'm wearing today. I know. It sucks. But it's light enough to help an old girl clean a renovating house . . . and it's very slimming, don't you think? Wish I could clean the sarcasm off my mind, but it's going to take a lot more scrubbing.

--Davie

3 hours ago, Alice_Sybilina said:

I tell myself that this is my world and I am a performer so I want to be seen.

I think it was Kate Bornstein that said Gender is something we perform.

3 hours ago, Niamh said:

When I go out as Niamh, I don't consider I am performing as Niamh, I am just being Niamh

But, yeah.   I just consider I am being me too.

I guess it's a couple different ways of looking at it.

Alice you are having to deal with you because no one else has issues with you wearing womens clothes or make up.

The reason you feel the way you do is because somewhere inside  you feel what you are doing is wrong.