• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Comment on Trans Recognition & Acceptance

VickySGV

Vicky that so true.

I constantly fight my self, judge myself, cause when i am out and get mis gender i just assume its my fault for still looking like a dude. 

It really screws with me

I kept my gender identity issues a closely guarded secret until my second major suicide attempt. So, in my case, it wasn't how I was treated when I disclosed. I actually continued to keep my gender identity issues secret through my first major suicide attempt & only "let the cat out of the bag", so to speak, in the process of making my second major attempt.

In my case, attempting suicide was more a combination of not being able to accept my assigned gender, knowing there was nothing I could bring myself to do that would change that, plus the sheer weight of the ruinous life I have led that caused me to try to end it all. And the fact is I'd still like to. But I'm old enough, at this point, that I think I'm content to simply let nature take its course... barring something unforeseen. ?