• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Saw Myself in a TDOR Event I Did Not Realize Was Being Shown.

VickySGV

• Admin

I knew they were playing one of my Chorus's videos tonight and secretly hoped it was one where I was behind a camera, or better had not been at the particular filming one time.  Oh well, the entire show was well put together by a bunch of people from the Black, Latinx and Native American Trans communities in the So. Calif. area.  Not quite the in person experience, but it worked out fine.  Tomorrow night is the show I posted about here a week or two ago.  I have a reading part in that one that I am a bit nervous about but life happens.  I don't know why I hoped I was not in the video, but I am in a down mood tonight.

• Admin

Sorry to hear that you're feeling down, Vicky.  No reason the video should be a cause for that, at least.  I hope you feel more chipper tomorrow.  TDOR is usually a very sad day, at least for me.  I'm kind of glad it was virtual today.  Anxiety coupled with sadness is something I'm getting used to, unfortunately.

Carolyn Marie

• Admin
9 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

No reason the video should be a cause for that, at least. 

The video was not the cause of my grumpiness .  It is really a very cute one and meaningful.  The song at its base is Don't Give Up On Love by Maggie Szabo who is a wonderful young Canadian Cis woman artist who adopted the Chorus as her back up for the major video of the song.   There are two videos of it that were made before COVID hit that did not have me in them, and then last summer I was asked to take part in a photo shoot which I ended up doing outside the Rose Bowl, at about a 20 foot distance from the photographer without mask, in front of a prop microphone.  The photo shoot images were placed over parts of the sound track of the other videos.  I guess a bit of uncharacteristic shyness on my part was brewing yesterday for some reason. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)

• Cortomaltese
    • RhondaS
    • Mary
    • Heather Nicole
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

LauraMarie
    Newest Member
    LauraMarie

1. Shawnster
      Shawnster
      (52 years old)
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, Jen.  Glad you're here, and please let us know what questions you have and how we can help and support you.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, LauraMarie.  I'm sure we can learn as much from you as you can from any of us.  You are a pioneer!  Congrats on your long marriage, too.  We welcome your contributions to these forums.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Zelaire
      I really liked that, Ticket! Now I'm looking up more of her music...
    • Zelaire
      I waver and waffle, but I usually wind up on the right side of the hill by the end. I suppose it's a combination of letting myself feel the feelings, then taking steps to move forward. Sometimes it's journaling about my feelings and tracking them back and forth in words. Sometimes it's having a conversation with a friend or my wife. Sometimes it's a nap. When things are really bad, I think of my wife and kids and how much I love them and how I would march through fire for them.
    • Zelaire
      Welcome, LauraMarie! 😊
    • Delcina B
      Welcome Laura Marie! Glad you're here. I stopped to think what my life was like in 1992. It wasn't transitioning, I was deep in the corner of a dark closet, with a lot of self hate & denial. How did you come to accept you as you? Was there any support?   Hugs! Delcina 
    • CD Rachel
      I am having a difficult time with this hiding. So I think I am going to start pushing my boundaries. This week I came out to a friend at work. He is supportive and told me he is available if I need to talk. I then spoke to my brother and he and his wife now know. They both told me that they still love me and though they do not understand that this is about my happiness and they want me to be happy. I plan on talking to my sister soon. Then the hard part will be talking to my son, he worries me the most but this must be done. Then i will start to look at work. I would like to be full time by the end of this summer.   Done hiding!    ~Rachel 
    • Delcina B
      Welcome Jen! Glad you're here. Hope you find the wonderful support, advice & acceptance here as I have.   Hugs! Delcina
    • KymmieL
      Well had a good feeling today. Our apt is about 50 yrds from the parking lot. It is a PIA. SO today I am walking out to do some work on the wagon. Get her ready for the road trip tomorrow.   I notice that my pony tail is bouncing as I walked. Just like a girls does. I made me feel great.   Kymmie
    • LauraMarie
      Same here! 
    • Artpetal
      Hi it's nice to meet you
    • Artpetal
      I'm naturally a happy person and it's only the bad things that have made me more timid over the years. It's easy to be happy and it's difficult (with a -cult) to be upset...
    • Jandi
      Of course. IMG_0414.HEIC
    • Jani
      Knowing that I am stronger than all the crap thrown at me over my lifetime.  
    • Hannah Renee
      I forgot to mention. Second day on my new job. Yesterday was all paperwork, today was all over the plant. Introduced to everyone as Hannah, and she this, her that. So awesome. Then I found out that my name badge can't have Hannah on it until I legally change my name. Not what I was initially told.😟 It actually didn't hit me all that hard at first, until I was introduced to a couple of folks in the same job who had their name badges hanging on their shirt pockets. Got kinda triggered.😬
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.