• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Covid quarantine weight gain anyone else?

Teri Anne

Just curious more than anything I can't be the only one.

I am bigger now than I have ever been. Staying home makes food too accessible.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teri Anne

• rainflower

• Jackie C.

• Maddee

• Forum Moderator

I've got the weight gain, but not from covid quarantine.  Mine is from complications of my GCS.  I can't walk more than 2 km, and I can't even do that every day.

What exactly is GCS in your case?  I have heard of the Glasgow scale but don't know much about it other than gauging head injuries.

• Admin

Because I have been home cooking and not going out, I have actually LOST nearly 20 pounds since last July.  I know I eat too much if I go out, but I am super lazy on that stuff.  The mess in my kitchen from the last week is scaring me.

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Teri Anne said:

What exactly is GCS in your case?

Vulvoplasty, a.k.a. zero-depth vaginoplasty.

I've gained back over 10 pounds that I had gotten rid of and I'm upset about it. I know what I need to do, but it's just finding the strength and energy to do it. Normally I'd walk a lot either around my neighborhood or the downtown area where I work, but I barely go outside anymore. I shouldn't eat as much and I should cook healthier meals. I should try to work out at home in my small apartment. I'm just so completely worn down from everything that it's a struggle to just do basic things most days now.

I used to walk around the neighborhood after dinner in the summer but now that its getting colder I haven't for a month or so

I doubt I could make it around the block without stopping now.

I never used to be self conscious about my weight the few times I have been over weight but I have gained so much this time that I am very self conscious   and kind of embarrassed by it now.

I know I eat too much and too often but I can't help it and have no self control.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

I've lost 30 pounds since March 2020, on purpose through portion control and working out. The last 15 days have slowed the loss, because COVID-19 stopped me from going to the gym. My sister-in-law said that with all the coughing I was complaining about I should look at the cough sessions as ab workouts. The most important change Suzie and I made to our eating schedule is when to eat our big meal. Since we're mostly working from home we eat a small balanced protein and fruit with high fiber content breakfast. Lunch is more along the standard Supper or Dinner Meal, protein, starch, and leafy greens. Our evening meal is small fresh fruits and veggies. Water, water, water, water. I'm still not at my goal weight, however I'm as healthy as I've ever been, my blood work panels have my doctors happy with this 64 year old.

Know your body, know your metabolism, calories in versus energy output.

Hugs (masked)

Mindy???

30 lbs Wow that is awesome!! good for you.

This year its been a constant struggle with my weight.

Up and down during the first of the year and I thought I was finally getting somewhere but the lock down happened.

By April I had gained back what I had lost and kept gaining some here and there.I wasn't too worried about it at that time.

Then I started letting my old binging habits take over and just gave up even trying to control it .Needless to say my weight has gone up and is still going up because I haven't done well trying to control it.

I know I need to just doing it is something else.

• Forum Moderator

@Teri Anne first and foremost I want you to know this isn't a competition, and no mater your weight or size, being happy and at ease with who you are is the most important. I follow several ladies on twitter who are doing well with the Curvy Big Girl fashion blogs. My very first follower on twitter is a lady from Chicago and her screen name is @Curvatude, she was the first person to actually engage with me in conversation. I only 5' 6" and use to weigh nearly 300 pounds and always enjoyed how Richard Simmons made sure that everyone was loved, felt important, regardless of their metabolism. We're all on different glide paths to our comfort zone, don't give up, it's a lifestyle not a diet, because diets never work or last.

Hugs, stay positive, and safe,

Mindy???

I was fine being the  semi curvy chubby girl in the crowd and actually liked it. Fashions were easy to put together and I followed several plus size Vlogs and watched all the clothing haul videos.

I was happy at 215 220 and loved how I looked.

Being 5'4" I was ok with the low 200s. Still considered past chubby I guess.

I passed 300 in Oct and 326 lbs as of today. I hope my week or so trying to stay on the wagon  will help to stop the gain.

I have to do something I am just too heavy at this point.

• Forum Moderator

Holidays are tough on the waistline. Holiday cookies. Holiday meals. Holiday chocolate. Peppermint everywhere.

All you can really do is diet and exercise. Try to cut out emotional eating and eating when you're just bored. Stay busy. It'll come off.

Hugs!

On 12/3/2020 at 10:15 PM, Teri Anne said:

I used to walk around the neighborhood after dinner in the summer . . 

It's COLD in KY, just like Georgia? I used to daily walk the dog and babies but now she's annoyed at me, sleeps a lot and gives me dirty *growls*! There is no real COVID where I am, it's more-or-less "business as usual" with help-wanted signs everywhere . . 

Am always UP 'bout 4 or 5AM then @7:30 go to my part-time job driving landscape supplies 'round  town then generally home by 2.

TIPS sometimes included!

4NQNODNIVALRG_VA_999?$ShoppingCart$

Eat nothing prior 'cept black coffee but recently had to exchange an expensive large dress for an "XL"? Aren't we all supposed to look like our grandmothers? Tall, thin as a rail and dreaming of being the teen girl that we never once was? lol THAT DRESS is definitely not "age appropiate"!  At 6', 175lbs last time I checked anyone here LUCKY in the "desirable" dept, have any interest in the attentions of boyz to MEN?

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Kiera said:

Aren't we all supposed to look like our grandmothers?

Depends. Which grandmother am I supposed to look like? One of my grandmothers had a little weight problem. The other was rail thin, but she worked out like a fiend.

I look more like the second one, but my shoulders are broader and my chest is... well, the less said about that the better.

Hugs!

Holiday season this year isn't going to be a food filled one thank goodness because of covid with my family anyway which sucks in a way but might be a good thing for my waistline.

Yeah it has been getting colder here in Ky like it always does but in the 30s and 40s which is not bad for Dec.

Winter here can be light one year and brutally cold with tons of snow the next year.

• Forum Moderator

Two households. Mine and my sister in law. It's going to be seven people. I am in charge of dessert. Because my niece and nephew are both picky eaters (plus dietary restrictions and because I am a soft touch), I will be baking three types of cookies, cupcakes and a peppermint swirl cheesecake. Again, for seven people.

I expect there will be leftovers that my spouse can take up to her dad the day after.

Hugs!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't lost any so as 2020 ends Again I have made no progress in losing any weight.

Have not been binging which is a good sign.

• 5 weeks later...

My weight over the course of the COVID lockdowns has stayed pretty stable. I started walking in a nearby park in July, but the arthritis in my ankle made me stop. I don't like gyms and I'd rather actually go for a walk or do manual labor than use a treadmill or weights.

One of my New Years resolution was simply to eat better quality food, so no more fast food or processed food from the groceries. I've also started eating ovo-lacto vegetarian and only having meat as a treat or on special occasions which has worked for me in the past. (I don't do salads, but I love beans.) Once the weather improves I'll probably start walking again.

I doubt I will ever lose any weight as long as I am on anti seizure meds they really do affect my appetite and not in a good way.

I have just no will power when it comes to food.

5lbs here 10 lbs there really adds up quickly at least on me it does.

One thing tho it will not stop me from being my true self.

I was on antseizure drugs about 20 years ago to control bipolar disorder and reached my lifetime heaviest weight while on them. When my doctor took me off them them I lost 100lbs with minimal dieting and bicycling. Of course, I was 25yo at the time and that's an age you can still gain and lose weight easily. I'm fat and over 40 now and it's a lot harder.

I have been overweight a few times in my life and lost weight by just walking and hiking but yeah I was a lot younger.

I've just gotten so big now I doubt I will ever lose it.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to gain weight in January as I was going the more raw vegan route as a test and so far in Feb still gaining so I am not so sure raw vegan is a good choice.