• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Well I tested POSITIVE for COVID-19 12/5/2020

Mmindy

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

Day six of my COVID-19 experience.

While yesterday was a good day, and I worked in the home shop on a few projects. Today is another SICK DAY, with a congested head and sore throat and occasional productive cough. I still believe my toughest experience so far is this in no worse than a Mild Head Cold. I've been fever free since 12/6/2020, which could be contributed to my taking daily doses of Aleve or Aspirin. This still hasn't developed into a respiratory issue so far. As a survivor of pneumonia, I do have a good understanding of what I could be facing, and this is a long ways away from pneumonia.

Masked HUGS,

Mindy???

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mmindy

• Jackie C.

• Bri2020

• Confused1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Oh yeah, I've had pneumonia too. Nearly died from it. Same kind Jim Henson had so... yeah.

I'm glad your symptoms are still mild. Keep taking care of yourself though. COVID hits you in places you don't expect and the damage can take a long time to go away. Your body needs all the help it can get to fight the thing off.

Hugs!

Mmindy, glad to hear you are still coping. I spent most of my day reading, so you have been far more productive than I am! ?

Stay safe.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning Day Six of my COVID-19 experience.

My sinuses seem to be the worst part of this virus. The left front portion of my head feels like there's a balloon expanded in it causing pressure behind my left forehead and eye. My throat is less scratchy or raw to day. I'm giving credit to Melatonin Tabs for allowing me to sleep until 10:00 am. That's when my business partner called me to let me know he tested NEGATIVE for the second time since we got home Thursday 12/3/2020, we spent 10 hours together in the cab of a pickup truck traveling from Atlanta, GA to Indy. So my contagious time period must have started Friday 12/4/2020. I'm calling today another SICK DAY. I still have my since of taste and smell.

Masked Hugs,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

Good plan. Take care of yourself and feel better sweetie.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon from the DAY SEVEN COVID-19 experience.

I slept well and woke up feeling fairly well. After getting dressed for a day of College Football (GO ARMY beat NAVY)

My sinus congestion is easing and I don't have a headache. Post nasal drip is causing me to have a throat tickle and cough. No fever, I still have a functioning taste and smell. 

My Suzie, is starting to have the intense headaches as she seems to be a few days behind me in her COVID-19 experience, which is probably because I'm the one who infected her.

Overall I'm still considering myself luck that it's mostly been a head cold and not a respiratory infections.

Masked Hugs,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

I'm glad you're feeling better! Don't let up on the self care and keep vigilant though. You don't want to re-infect yourself. Happy thoughts for your spouse as well.

Hugs!

Glad you're doing better Mindy. Health dept here told me I was pretty much immune and not contagious for at least 3 months after my isolation period was over. I had to be tested again at two months for a certain doctor to see me, even though I had already been to two others. I tested negative. Hopefully Suzie feels much better in a few days as well.

Hugs,

Mike

• Forum Moderator

Good morning Day Eight of my COVID-19 experience.

I slept well and woke up with less of a headache today. No fever, however I have developed chest and throat rattle with a cough. My morning shower was extra steamy to act like a breathing treatment. I'm still feeling like I battling a cold.

Suzie says she's battling a cold, no fever and feels tired to the point of fatigue. We've been nurse maids to each other through this pandemic.

Masked Hugs,

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon everyone, Day Nine of my COVID-19 Experience.

What was once just a head cold has progressed into an upper respiratory infection. Post nasal drainage is causing me to have a persistent cough while I'm sitting up or working in the shop. My tel-a-med doctor visit, triggered them to put me on a Z-Pack making sure my weakened immune system doesn't allow for a bacterial pneumonia. I slept well last night as long as I stayed on my tummy or in the recovery position, allowing drainage aka drooling.

Suzie is feeling better today however isn't able to taste or smell anything.

Masked Hugs,

Mindy

• Forum Moderator

Well, shoot. Hopefully the Z-Pack will get rid of the secondary infections and you'll continue to mend. Keep taking care of yourself sweetie. We're pulling for you!

Hugs!

Mindy, I'm sorry you're feeling worse. Hopefully these are the worst days and it goes upwards from here.

Take lots of care.

Masked hug and sending you a ton of energy

Gabriel

By time you are up in the AM and get this post I hope you are feeling better @mindy.  I have a relative whose case of Covid started about the same time as yours, with similar symptoms and seems today they have finally started to turn the corner.
Sending positive vibes your recovery is on the upswing also ❣️

• Forum Moderator

Thank you @KayC Good morning Day 10 of my COVID-19 experience.

I slept well again for the second night, however as soon as I stood up the coughing started back up.

My daily routine is to get dressed in fitness clothing, because I want to look like I'm going to the gym, even tho I'm not getting out of my big chair with pillows and a comforter. Suzie and I are both taking a sick day today. We each try to play nurse to the other, and end up not doing much. Drinking water, coffee, water, green tea, water, and sleepy time tea in K-Cups. Meals are minimal. Breakfast poached eggs, toast, yogurt, blueberries. Lunch is a soup of some kind. Dinner baked chicken thighs, fresh raw veggies. I hope KayC is right about being ready to turn the corner on this virus. We have a great family and friends network who are doing our grocery and pharmacy pickups.

I'm still able to taste and smell things, however Suzie is not.

Masked Hugs,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon/evening and welcome to Day Eleven of my COVID-19 experience.

It's snowing outside, and I'm sleeping the day away on the bed. I woke 07:30 up feeling good, made my bed, took my daily medications and vitamins, combed my hair, brewed a pot of coffee, and promptly build a pillow fort on my bed as slept until 1:00 in the afternoon. The coffee was overcooked, Suzie had made Chicken Noodle Soup, so I had a big bowl of that, afternoon meds, and climbed back into the pillow fort on my bed. I'm just so fatigued, and unmotivated.

Am I really ill or just hiding from life because I have an excuse? I'm unable to do the normal things I would do because I'm house bound by COVID-19 policies, need to let my body recover from fighting this virus.

Masked Hugs,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

Am I really ill or just hiding from life because I have an excuse? I'm unable to do the normal things I would do because I'm house bound by COVID-19 policies, need to let my body recover from fighting this virus.

It can be two things. ?

Seriously though, it's OK to take a personal day now and again. Especially if you're recovering from an illness. You're not Wonder-Woman. Somebody else can save the day today.

Get some rest. Plenty of fluids. All that jazz. Feel better soon sweetie.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

Good afternoon/evening and welcome to Day Eleven of my COVID-19 experience.

It's snowing outside, and I'm sleeping the day away on the bed. I woke 07:30 up feeling good, made my bed, took my daily medications and vitamins, combed my hair, brewed a pot of coffee, and promptly build a pillow fort on my bed as slept until 1:00 in the afternoon. The coffee was overcooked, Suzie had made Chicken Noodle Soup, so I had a big bowl of that, afternoon meds, and climbed back into the pillow fort on my bed. I'm just so fatigued, and unmotivated.

Masked Hugs,

Mindy???

I'm glad you're feeling better, so enjoy and relax on this snow day while you can and get back your strength. At least you made it through the damn virus and now can enjoy your pillow fort cushion comfort. Be well and get well soon.

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon Day Twelve of my COVID-19 experience.

I slept most of yesterday and all of last night. The fatigue issue is the tough thing for me right now. I woke up feeling mostly okay with sore chest and diaphragm muscles from the almost constant coughing. My since of smell seems to be slipping as I could only smell the bacon I cooked and not the coffee that I brewed.

Masked Hugs,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

Gosh darnit. Stop getting worse! ?

Seriously though. Feel better. Seek medical attention if you get any worse, OK?

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Thank you @Jackie C., my sister-in-law said I should look at my constant coughing as a substitute for my not working out at the gym. If I'm coughing as much as I say I am, my abbs should really be looking good soon.

Masked HUGS,

• Forum Moderator

Careful with the coughing... yeah, I know... I've broken my short ribs doing that. It tightens up the back muscles something fierce too. Coughing plus broken ribs is a special kind of hot place.

Feel better soon sweetie.

Hugs!