• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Trying to move forward

SydneyAngel

I started taking my anti deppresant again. I think i was going off the deep end without taking it. Plus i need to get back into therapy . 

I just learned that Husky D is approving ffs . Thats great for people but when i was in the process of dealing with my Surgeons assistant she keep dropping the ball and i missed my chance because i started working and couldnt claim no income. I sent her a nasty email basically telling her my i wasnt satified. It just amazes me how people can sit on there butt that are lazy complaining about gender issues get all there surgeries covered. I should be driving a audi a3 which was what i was going to buy. My car sucks and has a bad cat and my face is -toasted- up while others get it handed to them its such BS. I had no one to help during recovery because my family doesnt give a -crap-. They think my transition is a big waste of time. It been over ten years since i been on hormones. I had to work to get them the legit way with all the high price blood work with doctors who didnt care either way. Its safe to say im bitter and i cant just swallow it without saying how pissed off i am. 

• Forum Moderator

I'm glad to read you have restarted taking your medication and will go back to counseling.  I have been on antidepressants before and it seems we never realize how much we need them until we start.  Good for you for seeing this. 

I can see that you are bitter and it seems to be understandable.  But please try to move forward.  The only person consumed but the fire will be you.  Please try to rise above this and move on.  You are better than this.  We cannot re-do the past but we can imagine a bright future and then work towards it.  Invest in your future Sidney.  

Hugs, Jani

1 hour ago, Jani said:

I'm glad to read you have restarted taking your medication and will go back to counseling.  I have been on antidepressants before and it seems we never realize how much we need them until we start.  Good for you for seeing this. 

I can see that you are bitter and it seems to be understandable.  But please try to move forward.  The only person consumed but the fire will be you.  Please try to rise above this and move on.  You are better than this.  We cannot re-do the past but we can imagine a bright future and then work towards it.  Invest in your future Sidney.  

Hugs, Jani

Its just bs 10 years of this and im not any closer when people just blow right through and dont have to work for anything. It isnt right. I work to hard to be left empty handed 

The whole insurance thing just added more salt in the wound. Maybe i should just be lazy and not work ? Is that the new thing. Be lazy not work get everything for free 

Honestly, best foot forward. Keep on them meds and doctors, get what you need. But don't be trivializing other people's journey, everybody got there own pile of crap to worry bout and nothing is ever easy. Things can go well, and may all go with blessings and prosper. Also depending on the job you get depends on them benefits you receive. I sadly don't have that luxury, especially living on the barely minimum wage whatever pennies they throw at my face like I be rolling in privilege with them bankers. I wish I could afford a car, but don't have one. Most likely spend the money cleaning the debt off my cards. Was starting to work on that, till pandemic happen. I got a room and somewhat running water from a shared bathroom. Sink is busted in the kitchen which is shared, and haven't had heat in years cuz people who own the building are nuts. Lucky the small walk-in closet size bedroom I've been hiding in with my partner, cuz pre-exsisting issues, doesn't cost me anything. Even has a balcony, so I can have my one smoke at night cuz owners don't like the smell. But city I live in is so expensive, sucks all the money from me to keep myself at least well fed and able to have a functioning computer and phone...oh and medicine, can't forget the medicine. Still haven't even started the transition process which requires a doctor but I've been holding it off because crazy times. But don't matter what level of the bottom I'm at, just keep walking, climbing, swimming or whatever. But there be no flying where I'm at. At least men make more money then women, could be the same exact job. They say they are working on it but doesn't cover the years of meat shielding and grunt work. Could fight it, but with what money, and good luck finding work after. World ain't full of roses and definitely doesn't smell like one. Some are born in a garden and some just have to roll them sleeves and move all that dirt to make there own. But all gardens require work to make and keep. All people who transition have to work for it one way or another and the journey doesn't end there. One foot in front of the other till your done.

1 hour ago, Mx.Drago said:

Honestly, best foot forward. Keep on them meds and doctors, get what you need. But don't be trivializing other people's journey, everybody got there own pile of crap to worry bout and nothing is ever easy. Things can go well, and may all go with blessings and prosper. Also depending on the job you get depends on them benefits you receive. I sadly don't have that luxury, especially living on the barely minimum wage whatever pennies they throw at my face like I be rolling in privilege with them bankers. I wish I could afford a car, but don't have one. Most likely spend the money cleaning the debt off my cards. Was starting to work on that, till pandemic happen. I got a room and somewhat running water from a shared bathroom. Sink is busted in the kitchen which is shared, and haven't had heat in years cuz people who own the building are nuts. Lucky the small walk-in closet size bedroom I've been hiding in with my partner, cuz pre-exsisting issues, doesn't cost me anything. Even has a balcony, so I can have my one smoke at night cuz owners don't like the smell. But city I live in is so expensive, sucks all the money from me to keep myself at least well fed and able to have a functioning computer and phone...oh and medicine, can't forget the medicine. Still haven't even started the transition process which requires a doctor but I've been holding it off because crazy times. But don't matter what level of the bottom I'm at, just keep walking, climbing, swimming or whatever. But there be no flying where I'm at. At least men make more money then women, could be the same exact job. They say they are working on it but doesn't cover the years of meat shielding and grunt work. Could fight it, but with what money, and good luck finding work after. World ain't full of roses and definitely doesn't smell like one. Some are born in a garden and some just have to roll them sleeves and move all that dirt to make there own. But all gardens require work to make and keep. All people who transition have to work for it one way or another and the journey doesn't end there. One foot in front of the other till your done.

I have worked Construction for over 15 years over 10 with my plumbing license doing heavy construction plumbing. I dont agree with you statement " what job you get " It sounds like you dont have a choice. Every one has a choice in what they want to do and what they put into there careers. I do know what its like being done on my luck using the oven as a heater and stuff like that. I do know the harder you work and stack that money you will get there. I just dont like wasting money. 

What the heck are you talking about men make more then women for the same job ? You are dead wrong. Most women dont want to get there hands dirty rather doing some prissy job lets be fair. They may have the same job title but they dont produce the same and thats why they dont make more. This sounds like some Union BS. Men dont make as much as other men for the same job what are you on about ?

@Sydneyblue I too have worked construction.  I have worked hard my whole life, starting out at minimum wage jobs.  I saved my money when I could, made as good of financial decisions as I knew how, and eventually worked my way up from poverty to lower middle class with a house and a mortgage.  Maybe I've been lucky that I've always been able to take care of myself and my family.  I like to think it's been because I made the right decisions.  I have worked from 1968 to 2020 in both union and non union jobs.  I have seen women payed less than men, placed in lower positions, and treated as lessor members of society.  I've been there, I know it's true. It is NOT union BS!

3 hours ago, Sydneyblue said:

Every one has a choice in what they want to do and what they put into there careers. I do know what its like being done on my luck using the oven as a heater and stuff like that. I do know the harder you work and stack that money you will get there. I just dont like wasting money.

I don't agree, not everybody is born with the same privileges, rights and ability to get those things they need. Every penny counts. And I won't ever use the oven as a heater, cuz giving yourself brain damage from carbon monoxide poisoning won't save anything. Just a space heater and blankets. Bad enough the city is as toxic as is.

3 hours ago, Sydneyblue said:

What the heck are you talking about men make more then women for the same job ? You are dead wrong. Most women dont want to get there hands dirty rather doing some prissy job lets be fair. They may have the same job title but they dont produce the same and thats why they dont make more. This sounds like some Union BS. Men dont make as much as other men for the same job what are you on about ?

This statement doesn't pertain to any truth in reality. AFAB had three jobs sometimes 5, work at a college, elderly care, child care, animal care, and cleaning. Now have one job cuz I'm forced to work remotely. Also do custom art and repair work.  And would you define what you mean by "prissy job?" That toxic masculinity crap really made you believe women are incapable of doing work? I'd be stoked to see more men do what women have to do to get by. Women have been trying for generations to even be allowed to be credited for a fraction of the work they do, without a man taking credit for it. And hell with dirt, I natural bleed my guts out for a week every month and have to take money out of my pay to make sure I'm presentable otherwise I can lose what little work I can keep my claws on. And sometimes I have to suck in the gut stabbing cramps and work, cuz honey need money. And acourse not all men are paid the same, you are comparing grades of apples with other apples. Your apples aren't lemons. Men aren't women. But surprise, women are paid less on average. Look it up...Educate yourself.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gender-wage-pay-gap-charts-2017-3

https://www.payscale.com/data/gender-pay-gap 

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/women/reports/2020/03/24/482141/quick-facts-gender-wage-gap/

2 hours ago, LaurenA said:

@Sydneyblue I too have worked construction.  I have worked hard my whole life, starting out at minimum wage jobs.  I saved my money when I could, made as good of financial decisions as I knew how, and eventually worked my way up from poverty to lower middle class with a house and a mortgage.  Maybe I've been lucky that I've always been able to take care of myself and my family.  I like to think it's been because I made the right decisions.  I have worked from 1968 to 2020 in both union and non union jobs.  I have seen women payed less than men, placed in lower positions, and treated as lessor members of society.  I've been there, I know it's true. It is NOT union BS!

I have Used to be in the Plumbers and pipe fitters union and also worked non union so i know the game. In the union everyone gets paid the same acrss the board so i think we can agree on that. Non union you need to fight for your wage so in my opinion its on you to ge what you are worth. I have ran work before and hoenstly the average women wouldnt be able to work with me in fairness some of the young boys couldnt hang either. My point being you have to produce. Thats one of the arguments in the non union/ union. When i hear about women getting pair less i say i couldnt care less for the women honstly. She clearly either couldnt produce the same or was up to the task. Where are we talking about being paid less here? Im sure its not in any work you need to get dirty for. For example if we have two second grade teaches they both should be paid the same if 1. they been working there same about of time and have same education and the work is the same. Even in plumber i know guys that work just as hard as the next one who get paid less and it isnt right. If you stick your neck out then you the one who gets chopped LOl. 

2 hours ago, Mx.Drago said:

I don't agree, not everybody is born with the same privileges, rights and ability to get those things they need. Every penny counts. And I won't ever use the oven as a heater, cuz giving yourself brain damage from carbon monoxide poisoning won't save anything. Just a space heater and blankets. Bad enough the city is as toxic as is.

This statement doesn't pertaining to any truth in reality. AFAB had three jobs sometimes 5, work at a college, elderly care, child care, animal care, and cleaning. Now have one job cuz I'm forced to work remotely. Also do custom art and repair work.  And would you define what you mean by "prissy job?" That toxic masculinity crap really made you believe women are incapable of doing work? I'd be stoked to see more men do what women have to do to get by. Women have been trying for generations to even be allowed to be credited for a fraction of the work they do, without a man taking credit for it. And hell with dirt, I natural bleed my guts out for a week every month and have to take money out of my pay to make sure I'm presentable otherwise I can lose what little work I can keep my claws on. And sometimes I have to suck in the gut stabbing cramps and work, cuz honey need money. And acourse not all men are paid the same, you are comparing grades of apples with other apples. Your apples aren't lemons. Men aren't women. But surprise, women are paid less on average. Look it up...Educate yourself.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gender-wage-pay-gap-charts-2017-3

https://www.payscale.com/data/gender-pay-gap 

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/women/reports/2020/03/24/482141/quick-facts-gender-wage-gap/

What you are talking about it has nothing to do with whats happening in todays word 2020. Women did get treated as less back in the 50s and im not arguing that. What im saying is if me and you have the same job title and you produce more results and i dont you want people to get paid the same and i think thats bs. If im a owner of a company i am under no law to pay anyone the same amount of money unless i think the have earned it. I dont care about how much women struggled thats not my fight at all even though i wished in my dreams to be one. 

• Admin

OK, lets keep ourselves in order here and remember that Rule 6 is in effect.  These counter posts are coming too fast and becoming heated over one single issue.  My suggestion is to weight a few hours before any more responses.  It is not like one person must be absolutely right.  Blaming others, especially when it could be in regard to Trans siblings brings things close to needing a cooling off here.  I am removing one blame game post as well.